Nantucket - X-Plane

BradB

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

Cool Shots John, nice colors and pretty beaches!  Are you enjoying X-Plane?

Yes i am , XP11 is much more user friendly than earlier versions .

John

52 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very nice John. 

Are you using any XP add-ons? 

TTM

No , not yet . I did discover the large amount of freeware AC available .

John

23 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Wow John, excellent shots!!!!!  How many flight sims do you have????  

Four at last count .......but then I also have my Train Sim and my Golf Sim . :rolleyes::D

John

5 hours ago, BradB said:

No , not yet . I did discover the large amount of freeware AC available .

John

I have purchased a few a/c & the odd airfield, but currently stock stdd XP11.

If I was to sum up my current XP11 & P3D v4.1set ups in 1 sentence it would be that the P3D has depth & complexity as regards aircraft & scenery, & flight micro stutters, & the XP11 is relatively simple , & the flying is very very smooth.  

Which way to go?:)

TTM

Do not fly too much with X-Plane11 John....It can be dangerous :DThat's exactly what kind of shots I like to see now. With the realistic X-Plane11 lighting and the rest
the scenery is metamorphosed in the right direction and has its true value.John,you are closer to reality!

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I have purchased a few a/c & the odd airfield, but currently stock stdd XP11.

If I was to sum up my current XP11 & P3D v4.1set ups in 1 sentence it would be that the P3D has depth & complexity as regards aircraft & scenery, & flight micro stutters, & the XP11 is relatively simple , & the flying is very very smooth.  

Which way to go?:)

TTM

Once Orbx comes out with a Global scenery for XP , I have to say I would probably move away from P3D . I have used XP since it's inception , but I thought it was much to cumbersome to setup and use . Plus the Graphics just did not compare with FSX then P3D . This newest version (XP11) has really changed my opinion  of this Sim , I find myself flying it more and more every day .

Cheers

John

Great shots John.  I use X-plane 11 and P3D v4.  I like them both for different reasons.  Can’t give up P3D because I have invested heavily in Orbx products for it!!

The way I use them both is completely different.  If I want to stooge around and do local flying with heavy scenery and enjoy the views, I use P3D v4 - however, if I want to have a ‘real’ flying experience with real scenery, I use X-plane.  By this, I mean that I have downloaded Ortho4xp and have downloaded all the tiles for UK and New Zealand (you need a lot of storage!) and then I run X-pane with no world objects selected.  It means that the airfields are flat with no buildings, but when you get airborne and through about 1500 ft, the imagery is staggeringly good, and is fantastic for flying long cross country legs using real VFR mapping.  If anyone is interested, I could post a few comparison images of P3D vs X-plane using my technique.  I dont think it would brek any forum rules because the P3D stuff will be Orbx, and the X-plane will be Bing images through Ortho4 XP.

Kev

13 hours ago, BradB said:

Once Orbx comes out with a Global scenery for XP , I have to say I would probably move away from P3D . I have used XP since it's inception , but I thought it was much to cumbersome to setup and use . Plus the Graphics just did not compare with FSX then P3D . This newest version (XP11) has really changed my opinion  of this Sim , I find myself flying it more and more every day .

Cheers

John

Good points.

At the moment XP feels like a nice smooth glass milk bottle that is 25% full, & P3D a paper shopping bag overstuffed, with the handles starting to rip.

If I had the skills I would go back & simplify P3D to see if that gets rid of the microstutters.

XP flight smoothness is very seductive though. It will be interesting to watch it grow. 

TTM

Archived