Telluride - Skyforce

adambar

These look fantastic Adam , when I first started P3D the load time was way too long . So I eliminated AS and REXTD and boom SkyForce and P3D loaded in record time . Lot's of manual reading tomorrow for me however . :unsure::D

Cheers

John

Impressive.

I must admit to head scratching as regards which way to jump - AS or Rex.

I have so much 'stuff' that fires up, [or does it?, I don't really know], when I start P3D.

I have P3D v4.1 & Orbx 'world'.

I run Simstarter to sort out if I am flying in Europe, The Americas, or rest of the world.

Then I kick AS & ASCA into action for 'real time weather'

& then there are Rex TD, Soft Clouds, Envtex, Envshade & PTA sitting on the machine. All used in the past & in some respects, superseded.

But much of their interaction with P3D is invisible to me.

To be honest I don't know which, if any of those, also inject themselves into the mix when P3D is fired up now.

& I'm not sure how to figure that out.

So, to add Rex Sky Force?

Hmm:huh:

What do I delete?

TTM

I'm with TTM, does this replace ASCA?  I use REX TD HD for ground textures and three sky colors, nothing at all else.

I use AS4 an ASCA for weather and clouds.

And PTA.

So does this replace REX TD HD and AS & ASCA?

All very interesting and tempting.

Hi TTM,

I don't know anything about Skyforce - I use (AS4, ASCA, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE) for my mix... I have REX TD but if I use the sky/cloud textures from it - it breaks the dynamic aspect of ASCA... I use ASCA for clouds and ENVTEX for sky textures - adding them to ASCA via the option... All the products I use work seamlessly together... While each weather engine will have their own group of followers - looking back on our history - the HiFi guys seem to come out on top... I certainly follow what the others do with interest - but - it will take a lot of convincing for me to switch horses... Your mileage may vary...

Hi Adam,

Beautiful set in a fine bird - man - brrr - it's cold out there...

Regards,
Scott

1 minute ago, scottb613 said:

Hi TTM,

I don't know anything about Skyforce - I use (AS4, ASCA, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE) for my mix... I have REX TD but if I use the sky/cloud textures from it - it breaks the dynamic aspect of ASCA... I use ASCA for clouds and ENVTEX for sky textures - adding them to ASCA via the option... All the products I use work seamlessly together... While each weather engine will have their own group of followers - looking back on our history - the HiFi guys seem to come out on top... I certainly follow what the others do with interest - but - it will take a lot of convincing for me to switch horses... Your mileage may vary...

Hi Adam,

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott, well said!  I'm kind of waiting for further results and information.  Anything that makes my little slice of Orbx heaven better will be good.

19 hours ago, BradB said:

These look fantastic Adam , when I first started P3D the load time was way too long . So I eliminated AS and REXTD and boom SkyForce and P3D loaded in record time . Lot's of manual reading tomorrow for me however . :unsure::D

Cheers

John

I'm not having any problems with anything that others are claiming, works like a charm. I flew around for an hour without any cloud redraw after an update. Most likely people just don't read the manual or maybe have another weather program running at the same time. Anyway, i'm going to remove AS&ASCA, I don't need all these weather engines. :D

19 hours ago, paulb said:

Super shots there Adam! :). The first one in particular is very impressive.

Thank you paul. :)

18 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Excellent screenies, Adam

I did the same, John :)

Thank you Bernd. :)

17 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Well mates, having just bought & installed AS & REXTD two weeks ago I am no too keen to change again. Plus, I am very satisfied with my loading times & the optical impression. Sorry to add some reluctance to the enthusiasm :D!

Excellent program as well Gerold, i'm still going to use it for runway and airport textures. :)

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

WOnderful series of images Adam.

The weather is very impressive.:)

Thanks Martyn, much appreciated. :)

15 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Adam I have got sky force today will install later to day and you I enjoyed looking at your shots regards stewart

You will enjoy it Stewart, just make sure you read the installation instructions and you will be fine. :)

14 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Adam.  So, does Skyforce take the place of Texture Direct or is it just a weather engine?

John is takes the place of TD, I think it has 3000 textures if i'm correct. REX did an excellent job as always. :)

13 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Impressive.

I must admit to head scratching as regards which way to jump - AS or Rex.

I have so much 'stuff' that fires up, [or does it?, I don't really know], when I start P3D.

I have P3D v4.1 & Orbx 'world'.

I run Simstarter to sort out if I am flying in Europe, The Americas, or rest of the world.

Then I kick AS & ASCA into action for 'real time weather'

& then there are Rex TD, Soft Clouds, Envtex, Envshade & PTA sitting on the machine. All used in the past & in some respects, superseded.

But much of their interaction with P3D is invisible to me.

To be honest I don't know which, if any of those, also inject themselves into the mix when P3D is fired up now.

& I'm not sure how to figure that out.

So, to add Rex Sky Force?

Hmm:huh:

What do I delete?

TTM

Don't delete nuttin' TTM, just disable them or you can use parts from another program, your choice, just don't use two weather engines at the same time. :D

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm with TTM, does this replace ASCA?  I use REX TD HD for ground textures and three sky colors, nothing at all else.

I use AS4 an ASCA for weather and clouds.

And PTA.

So does this replace REX TD HD and AS & ASCA?

All very interesting and tempting.

Just keep doing what you have been doing Jack, you can mix it up with AS&ASCA or ENVTEX/ENVSHADE. Just disable one of the weather engines. Yes, it replaces REX TD. :)

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set these Adam. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you Iain. :)

3 hours ago, kjrman said:

Nice set of shots, I enjoy the pics of the older planes, thanks for posting.

Thank you much. :)

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Divine captures for sure!

Thank you Erik. :)

13 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi TTM,

Hi Adam,

Regards,
Scott

Thank you Scott. :)

On 2.1.2018 at 4:03 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm kind of waiting for further results and information.  Anything that makes my little slice of Orbx heaven better will be good.

I´ll do the same. To be honest: Aren´t we already satisfied with what we have? (Hmmm... are we ever? stupid question, but worth to think of.)

On 1/3/2018 at 12:14 AM, ozboater said:

Thanks. Especially loved the first shot. Great series.

@TigerTigerM

Understand your dilemma. It's all beginning to confuse me, too.

Thank you much. :)

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I´ll do the same. To be honest: Aren´t we already satisfied with what we have? (Hmmm... are we ever? stupid question, but worth to think of.)

No we are not Gerold. :D

• Tim Harris changed the title to Telluride - Skyforce

Archived