So you jumped out of an aircraft?

teecee

16 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

I wonder how fast the Porter was going?  Into a headwind it's possible to literally stop an aircraft or even go backwards (I've done it).

Have you watched the video? The speeds of the flyers and of the aircraft relative to the air are shown in the video.

Groundspeed doesn't matter, the headwind effects the wingsuit flyers in the same way as it effects the aircraft. They just have to have the same speed relative to the wind.

Hi Folks,

A friendly piece of advice - if you ever do try skydiving and the guys at the drop zone tell you to smile for the camera on the way down - - - don't... They got my wife and that video has been locked away ever since...

:P

Regards,
Scott

6 hours ago, teecee said:

seriously, I would fly in ANY aircraft..no matter what, but the thought of stepping out of one with a parachute fills me with tread.. How anyone can step off a mountain in a flimsy suit I cannot imagine .

It's just a matter of age, Teecee.

When I was young and good-looking (now only good-looking) I jumped out of a Cessna with a parachute, but now at my age.........just thinking about it makes me sweat all over my body ;-)

Fred

Archived