Day Job& DC3

Richard Lincoln

Hi All,

I thought I would share a little of what I do during the day. My position is known in Australia as an  "Aerial Survey Navigator" I work for a large Aerial Survey Company that mainly provides Aerial Photography and LiDAR Data Acquisition to the Resources Sector, Federal Government, State Government and Tourism entities, also providing updated imagery to the likes of Google ect ect.  I am currently in YMEN and travel local and overseas to places such as Malaysia, PNG, Africa, India, Noumea, Guam and New Zealand. I was lucky enough to get on board this gorgeous old girl, one of my bucket list! I am a big fan of the old style aircraft, but my favourite is the Cessna 404 Titan, fantastic and versatile. I will likely share images from time to time of various aircraft I come across. Thanks for reading.

N5ofEJr.jpg

lCIh2Bj.jpg

nsWwxhx.jpg

QvUx0yR.jpg

v8MMqoZ.jpg

Wow!  You have an awesome job Richard.  Travelling the world and checking out aircraft.  ;)  I'm sure there's much more to it.

I have seen this plane many times before too.  I used to live right near YMEN, and often wandered up to take photos.  I also saw it (and heard it) flying around overhead all the time.  In fact, I don't live there anymore, but just last week I was driving on the Tullamarine Freeway, past YMEN, and spotted the Air Nostalgia DC-3.  It sure does stand out.  Luckily I was in the passenger seat, so it was safe to have a good look as I drove past.

Thanks for sharing that with us, and I hope to see many more photos from you whenever you feel so inclined.

Cheers,

Scott

57 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

........ I have a laptop, and good Tethering capabilities, so even when im remote, like Jabiru or Groote Eylandt, I can still work :)

Did you know that Groote Eylandt has Dutch roots....see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groote_Eylandt ?

I was triggered by the name, it sounds (old) Dutch ;).

Regards Fred

Great post Richard and I can remember this DC-3 visiting Mildura several times when I lived there.

22 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Hmmm.....is that the land of the Salties? :o I think I'll prefer to stay at home this time. 

Fred

Salties, Box Jellyfish,  Cone Shells, Taipans, Sea Snakes, Red Backs..........the list of poisons bitey things is endless and  some like the salites are so big that they don't need poison.:ph34r::o:lol:

Archived