Corsair over Edwards AFB - Not yellow

Jack Sawyer

Just now, paulb said:

Well done Jack! A very impressive piece of flying. It's looks like you were having a lot of fun! ;):D

Thanks Paul, it was a blast!  Thanks you very much my friend.  And please send some more museum photos even if you have to do them one at a time or maybe even use IMGUR?

I am out of breath after looking at this set Jack.:)

I can just imagine some guys in the hangar frantically  pushing the doors open wider to allow you through unscathed. Did you get through?:o

Wonderful flying in this set and I didn't realise you could fly blue planes like this!:unsure:

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I can just imagine some guys in the hangar frantically  pushing the doors open wider to allow you through unscathed. Did you get through?:o

Wonderful flying in this set and I didn't realise you could fly blue planes like this!:unsure:

Thanks Martyn, yep, they pushed them open in time and I made it through.

The only reason I could fly this blue plane was because I was channeling my inner Martyn!  It was like you were in the back seat because it was blue.  Your favorite mate!

1 minute ago, Dog4Zero said:

Bet he didn't. That's why the pictures stopped. Just an observation.

I did but didn't have the time to take a screenshot.  It was so fast, this plane hauls freight.  I can do it later if you'd like.  Heck, anyone can do it if I can do it. :P

Holy moly Jack, what wonderful action shots !!

54 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

sure, he get through, Martyn

the Corsair has folding wings. B) :lol::lol:

Cheers

Bluebear

Hi Jack. Fantastic pics and is it the birdcage varieties as I have just got this, it was a free from the Cosford flight sim show. You all so had the choice of the old trainer called the Chipmunk you could only download one or the other from the Justflight store. Haven’t flown it yet but it does look good. Derek.

1 hour ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack. Fantastic pics and is it the birdcage varieties as I have just got this, it was a free from the Cosford flight sim show. You all so had the choice of the old trainer called the Chipmunk you could only download one or the other from the Justflight store. Haven’t flown it yet but it does look good. Derek.

Damn, if only I had known I would have flown over from Australia to pick one up for free:wacko:. Hope you enjoy flying in your new plane. A very generous offer from the folks at JF too. Oh and it is a very nice plane to fly.

How was the show Derek? Quite a way from Hants, where abouts do you live there?:)

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Epic shots from the desert Jack !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, first time up in this plane and she's a rocket with a prop on her!

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Those are some serious Action Jackson shots Jack, way to fly! And, I've been to Edwards a few times, and that scenery nails the desolation feel of it perfectly. 

Thanks Landon!  I could almost smell the alkali of the arid desert Landon!

1 hour ago, Bluebear said:

Holy moly Jack, what wonderful action shots !!

sure, he get through, Martyn

the Corsair has folding wings. B) :lol::lol:

Cheers

Bluebear

:lol:  Folding wings!  :lol:  Thanks Bluebear!

1 hour ago, Dadtom65 said:

Thanks Derek!  It looks and flys really good, I love it!

12 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Damn, if only I had known I would have flown over from Australia to pick one up for free:wacko:. Hope you enjoy flying in your new plane. A very generous offer from the folks at JF too. Oh and it is a very nice plane to fly.

How was the show Derek? Quite a way from Hants, where abouts do you live there?:)

Long haul for a free plane Martyn, gosh, you are a serious simmer!  :) 

20 minutes ago, petfy said:

No prop wash on the sand, wasn't low enough ;)

(Yeager did this when he was there)

:lol:  If I flew any lower I think I'd give the scorpions a haircut! :lol:  I never knew Yeager did that, he's an amazing pilot that's for sure!

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Hi VH-KDK. We did live in Stubbington for years but six years ago decided to downsize so now live only a 1.5 miles from where we lived , a place called Gosport. The show was as ever fantastic plus the seminars were really good. Had a great time. The trip took me and my son just 3-1/2 hours. Can not wait for next years. Derek.

2 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi VH-KDK. We did live in Stubbington for years but six years ago decided to downsize so now live only a 1.5 miles from where we lived , a place called Gosport. The show was as ever fantastic plus the seminars were really good. Had a great time. The trip took me and my son just 3-1/2 hours. Can not wait for next years. Derek.

Thanks Derek, I grew up near Guildford before moving to Bournemouth while it was still in Hants, then Southampton (Shirley, don't call me Shirley!) and finally Eastleigh before making my way down under in 1981. Been to Gosport a long time ago.:)

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Terrific shots and flying Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thanks you Iain!

2 hours ago, Magnum346 said:

Hi Jack. Your "Corsair" would'nt have exaggerated a little with the rum at the Blue Perroquet's tavern?  Just missing the garage exit :lol:

Good job!   Magnum

Thanks Magnum, but I searched for a Blue Perroquet's tavern and can't find any reference.  Never heard of it.  Didn't have any rum before this flight but had a glass of Merlot after it!  :D

10 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Looking at #10 - if you add lift struts and rotate the cockpit and vertical tail, you almost have a Stinson 'Gullwing'.  With the R2800, that would be a real bush plane.

I couldn't find a picture of that plane OnD but I trust your expertise.  I've always loved the way they designed this plane with the wings like this.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

A quiet low and slow flight over this fantastic scenery. Am i right this plane can fold up its wings to make the exit from the hangar easier? 

Thanks Gerold.  I think it can, I haven't read the manual yet as I was so busy doing other things.

Archived