Introducing Kern Valley - The Gateway to California Adventure

Welcome to L05 Kern Valley Airport for FTX Southern California!

8zliJE6rRRq6YaN5950a7b757d88.jpg

At the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Kern Valley is a small airport with a big view. With on-site camping and cafe, it is the perfect destination for a quick $100 hamburger or weekend away. If pavement is not your preferred landing surface, Lake Isabella is a fantastic base for float flying or you could even try and put it down in the river running beside the airport! Kern Valley's 3,500ft runway will hold up to PC-12/B350 sized aircraft, which is a fantastic challenge approaching from the north where the surrounding peaks up to 6,500ft. 

Features:

• 250 square kilometers of 80cm photoreal imagery
  • 30 square kilometers of 30cm high resolution imagery
  • High resolution buildings
  • Mountainous terrain with peaks up to 6,500ft only miles from the airport
  • Over 70 custom models built from photos of the real aerodrome
  • Sharp 5m Mesh making the mountains pop

Screenshots:

3wx9pgKF0Ou8l6n5950a7bbc1d13.jpg
u78C3QxjAJH6Bza5950a7c2e9b2b.jpg
sxN7oYdiMBapteg5950a7c055534.jpg

0FdxHOYK8Yma4Ey5950a7ad630d4.jpg
ApndJe3JBemEjYh5950a7ac50d4d.jpg
2Jj3HxzRaMwo1PU5950a7a572002.jpg
hnJiywUxIBs7hJN5950a7b112b5e.jpg

G9g6el1WiV7bI205950a79c93ba9.jpg
oigOzfqRaJHeHe65950a79a23614.jpg

Coverage Area

CxgSVknVkj8AJS35950c628b70e0.jpg

Hope you all enjoy! 

Beautiful work and news. I have been longing for new small ORBX airfields, and this one definitely ticks the box of what I like the most. A great base to fly up towards Yosemite and explore SCA. If memory doesn't fool me I think you also made the Sequim valley airport which is one of my all times favorites, having visited it later in real life too and it was spot on with the real thing! This may well be my first purchase for P3D v4 specifically :)

2 hours ago, pmb said:

:):):):):) Supposedly, should the objectflow guy ever succeed.

Looking forward, Michael

Thanks for (continually) beating the same drum Michael, we hear you loud and clearly, but it won't change any outcome.

We actually have two OF projects going on in parallel - the outsourced one and a brand new 64-bit Orbx-owned version being coded in-house (to prevent these sorts of delays).

11 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Thanks for (continually) beating the same drum Michael, we hear you loud and clearly, but it won't change any outcome.

We actually have two OF projects going on in parallel - the outsourced one and a brand new 64-bit Orbx-owned version being coded in-house (to prevent these sorts of delays).

I promise no longer to beat that drum now. Certainly another really clever decision by ORBX :)

Kind regards, Michael

Excellent Jordan!  I'd buy it right now but it's not on Orbx Direct yet, I just looked.  So I suppose this is a sneak preview?  No matter, when it's ready I'm adding it to my every-increasing list of Orbx airports.  You did a splendid job, and I had to laugh out loud at the dog sign! :lol:  Attention dogs.....This is why I love the detail in Orbx's stuff!

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

Lol thanks for an official update John, that'll tide my impatient ass over at least another month.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Jordan!  I'd buy it right now but it's not on Orbx Direct yet, I just looked.  So I suppose this is a sneak preview?  No matter, when it's ready I'm adding it to my every-increasing list of Orbx airports.  You did a splendid job, and I had to laugh out loud at the dog sign! :lol:  Attention dogs.....This is why I love the detail in Orbx's stuff!

Silly Jack, that's why this thread is in the 'Previews and Screenshots' thread :D

At any rate, this looks to be an exciting little gem of a GA airfield! Will definately be getting this one .

P.S. Jack, you know I still love ya:P

22 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Silly Jack, that's why this thread is in the 'Previews and Screenshots' thread :D

At any rate, this looks to be an exciting little gem of a GA airfield! Will definately be getting this one .

P.S. Jack, you know I still love ya:P

:lol: Aww...well I luv U too Sniper! :lol:

Yeah, my bust man, in my zeal for more and more Orbx stuff my wallet engaged before my brain! :lol:

23 minutes ago, Jordan Gough said:

Hi TTM, this'll be an FSX/P3D v3/4 release. 

Thanks Jordan

I haven't been able to figure this out yet - do I need to buy 2 copies to get it into P3D v3.4 & P3D v4, or will I able to load 1 copy/license into both Sims?

TTM

That is so funny, I'm on vacation California at the moment, and just five days ago I passed through Kernville on my way to Sequoia NP. When I saw the airport I thought that it would make a nice ORBX airport. And here we go. 

Cheers, Fabian 

On 6/26/2017 at 5:11 AM, John Venema said:

thanks for the update John,

Lots of people here have it on their minds but are afraid to ask as to not PO the Dev teams. :)

On 26.6.2017 at 9:35 PM, medx421 said:

Hot, dry, miserable patch of land with rattlesnakes everywhere.:-)

Snake flow ahead? Better not let the avatars free...

But that's nice background. Living many kilomteters away, I first look up the place and other airports around for short hops, when I see an announcement. Facts like this one usually escape me.

Kind regards, Michael

Gorgeous Jordan!  I learned to fly in Bakersfield and flew over this area many times on my way to IYK to visit my wife's family in Ridgecrest.  Your rendering is breathtakingly accurate.

Nicely Done!

Gregg

On 26/6/2017 at 2:11 PM, John Venema said:

".....We actually have two OF projects going on in parallel - the outsourced one and a brand new 64-bit Orbx-owned version being coded in-house (to prevent these sorts of delays)."

In Italy we use to say " If you want something done well, do it alone " !!

Well done. Keep up the good work mates !!

• 3 weeks later...

Love this airport, absolutely awesome with great performance. I'm really looking forward to more Southern California airports similar or like this one in size, I really like the atmosphere. There's so many real life air strips in socal that it boggles the mind, that said, the amount of highly detailed ground imagery available shouldn't be a factor in the Southern California FTX region -unlike other regions you guys have had to deal with ;)

Great product, looks and runs fantastic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived