Prepar 3d V4 is announced

Features:

64 bit as we suspected

Dynamic lighting - should be great with Orbx scenery.

Probably dx11 - waiting for confirmation on this

Rain/snow particles

Global 3D trees - not sure how this compares to the orbx HD trees?

New Sdk

New planes

I'm excited, and knowing orbx is fully on board makes me look forward to flying some classic airports/regions in the new sim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4 minutes ago, Daz Kealy said:

If I'm tempted to jump ship from FSX steam do I need a full reinstall of all the Orbx stuff? I've everything now that's non-airport so it's a decision to make. Thanks.

Of course you'll need to reinstall - FSX and Prepard V4 are completely different sims that are in different install locations.

30 minutes ago, robwhitehead said:

Agreed re: getting in before the sale finishes. What to buy... :)

Jordan's video is worth a watch.

There's some images from other devs on Facebook showing the dynamic lighting - looks pretty good. Would love to see some Orbx images, JV!

Done! 

All your investment in Orbx products will be available for V4 as soon as possible after release. There is no time like the current sale to stock up on Orbx goodies which will work in V4 at no extra cost.

14 minutes ago, John Venema said:

All your investment in Orbx products will be available for V4 as soon as possible after release. There is no time like the current sale to stock up on Orbx goodies which will work in V4 at no extra cost.

:D!

That is why we continued to happily buy Orbx scenery even with the 64 bit game changer on the horizon. Thanks, John!

Yay,

I get to be the first thread in the P3D Section about the newest Version of P3D.

LM announced tonight, that : "More details will be released over the next week with Prepar3D v4 being directly available from Prepar3D.com on May 30, 2017 at 2:00pm EST."

It's probably going to bring (initially), tears of joy for all those who suffer the dreaded OOM's.

No doubt this thread will fill fast, as more news and views come to hand....

Watch this space...........

Frank

Great news, especially about OrbX sceneries working soon after release (no 18 month wait like with v2/v3).

However the story with aircraft addons will probably be quite different, especially those that rely on external DLL's and such. Also, no FSUIPC from what I've heard.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Prepar 3d V4 is announced

Thanks to the sale I now have all ORBX products and also thanks to ORBX for supporting P3D V 4. Eagerly awaiting 30th May. Good news A2A and PMDG are aboard. RealAir has closed so don't know where that leaves one of my favorites the Turbine Duke V2. Will await Aerosoft's,  Flight 1 and FlyTampa's announcements with interest.

Cheers:)

Woohoooooo!!! :D Simply the best day in years for us flight simmers! :D Can't keep the grin off my face. I think we're at the dawn of a whole new era of growth and health for our hobby after this announcement and today I feel more enthusiastic and excited than I have in ages now that I know over the course of this year I can definitely start to continue with putting a lot more investment into flight simulation knowing we've got the kind of platform we really need to get things really exciting now and for the future going forward for a long time! 30th of May will be a day inspiring great confidence. Now I gotta make sure I pick up a couple of Orbx bargains at this great and much appreciated sale to celebrate and reinvigorate myself in this hobby! Everyone have a great day and I think its going to be a super healthy year for all things flight sim and all our fantastic and fabulous 3rd party developers! So happy and proud of them and LM! They've really done this in such a great way and it'll pay real dividends. Our great hobby is secured and hugely strengthened for many exciting years ahead, surely. :D

Sorry if that has been asked before, but will we have to redownload all of the sceneries or the FTX Central tool will allow any transfer from P3Dv3 to the new directory created by P3D v4  with a patch update system ?

thank you

It has been asked numerous time before and answered just as many times. Please read some of my recent posts.

In a nutshell, yes you can copy all your P3Dv3 Orbx products to P3Dv4 using FTX Central. You must wait for us to upgrade FTX Central to allow this to work.

Cool stuff.

Will the switch to 64-bit affect other addons? I have a lot of freeware stuff originally made for FSX (typically found on avsim/flightsim) and I'm worried that it may not be usable in this new version.

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

It has been asked numerous time before and answered just as many times. Please read some of my recent posts.

In a nutshell, yes you can copy all your P3Dv3 Orbx products to P3Dv4 using FTX Central. You must wait for us to upgrade FTX Central to allow this to work.

Thank you John. 

Archived