MAY SALE! 37% OFF ALMOST ALL ORBX PRODUCTS

John Venema

Then there would be a thousand more happy people instead of a thousand slightly narked people!

Sigh.

So the ORBX stuff isn't worth the full price, in your opinion? Why did you buy it at that price in the first place???

(These questions come from someone who paid full price for FTX Norway, for example.)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also had really slow download speeds on about half of the offered mirror servers, the other half of them simply timed out, probably due to the train of this sale. When servers are overloaded then it doesn't just affect a few people, it affects all in some way.

I bought Norway yesterday and had troubles downloading. So I did a flight in the British part of the North Sea and enjoyed very much. There is still so much to explore in the regions I ve already owned that those few hours didnt hurt that much.

By the way, got up real early this morning and did a small flight in Norway, awesome :)

A big thanks to John and ORBX , Finished off SAK with three titles and HD tress. Downloads speeds were normal, 4 titles, around 40mins. Only issue was waiting  5 mins to open the FSS ORBX product page.

Just wanted to update because I was having a hard time trying to DL Vector on the weekend. Anyway I got it all last night and installed it tonight. Seems all good. :-)

I was going to take advantage of this sale and get KJAC and KBZN for my P3D but realized they said for v1 and not 2.5. Those 2 aren't updated for 2.5?

Correct, not updated for 2.5 yet....delayed by the P3Dv2 tessellation issue affecting high-elevation airports.

If interested in further detals: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94719-threads-on-airports-not-yet-p3dv2-compatible/

I also would like to thank Orbx for having this sale, not for a few days, no for a week or two, but for an entire month. As I' m away from home for 2 weeks this month it gave me time to get global base, vector, and an airport. Now i have time to decide what else to get when I get back home and still save before the sale ends.

I have not had any issues at all with download speeds, 6 + gigs in under a hour is pretty good I will say and I am not using any download manager. Since the sale I have bought and downloaded 4 regions and an airport and will buy more before it ends. People with download issues might want to consider the issue is with their ISP or some other issue at their end and not with the servers hosting the files. Sale or no sale it has had no effect on my download speeds.

Thank you for the Sale Orbx!

Hi All, Quick Question. I would like to add some titles during this great sale. I already own Global, Vector, EU LC, and some others. My question is this: will I see a BIG difference if I add UK,Ireland, or Norway for example?

Thanx to any and all responders.

I would like to add some titles during this great sale. I already own Global, Vector, EU LC, and some others. My question is this: will I see a BIG difference if I add UK,Ireland, or Norway for example?

I remember at the Norway region's product page there should be some comparison screenshots where you can see the difference between Global+Vector vs Norway region for example.

This has turned out to be the most shockingly expensive sale ever.

Now I already own a whole mass of Orbx stuff in FSX and was considering the missing bits, California and its airports looking like a good area to explore. 

Too much choice and too much time browsing Orbx's website.........next thing I know I have bought Prepar3d.

So now I discover how shockingly beautiful the Orbx stuff really is....I mean it was good in FSX, but flying into Concrete in P3D is just something else altogether. I need to re-explore the whole of North America again!

24 hours of graphics tuning and I have shelled out for a new GTX970 (thankfully P3D pushes a lot of stuff onto the GPU) and now everything runs slick.

Thing is I need to repurchase my A2A GA aircraft and Turbine Duke.....and then I need those trees!.....and I haven't even bought my Orbx California stuff yet and it's already May 21st!

A lot of the airports I'm interested are in v.1 yet. (YBAS Alice Springs,  or  PAJN Juneau, KJAC Jackson Hole, KBZN Bozeman, CYBD Bellacola... )

Some Terrains Regions without v.2 airports.

I'm not demanding a date of release of any of them in v.2.

But, In order to going to take advantage of this great sale offer May Discount,  can you let me know what airports are the first to be updated to v.2 and MAYBE release soon?

Only an orientation. 

For exemple: if you say YBAS Alice Springs is not a prioritary and not yet working on, but the work on PAJN Juneau are very advanced...   then will be very useful for my next buy.   (buying an Airport in v.1, taking advantage of this offer, and wait for the update).

Thanks in advance!!

A lot of the airports I'm interested are in v.1 yet. (YBAS Alice Springs,  or  PAJN Juneau, KJAC Jackson Hole, KBZN Bozeman, CYBD Bellacola... )

Some Terrains Regions without v.2 airports.

I'm not demanding a date of release of any of them in v.2.

But, In order to going to take advantage of this great sale offer May Discount,  can you let me know what airports are the first to be updated to v.2 and MAYBE release soon?

Only an orientation. 

For exemple: if you say YBAS Alice Springs is not a prioritary and not yet working on, but the work on PAJN Juneau are very advanced...   then will be very useful for my next buy.   (buying an Airport in v.1, taking advantage of this offer, and wait for the update).

Thanks in advance!!

Hi MASCFLIGHT,

KJAC Jackson Hole is being ported to a triple installer and will be released soon: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98236-the-last-of-the-old-west-returns-jackson-hole-triple-installer-on-the-way/

As for the other airports, I don't know when they will be released for P3Dv2 unfortunately

That was the idea of my question about PAGS Gustavus in another thread. Last sale, I got Cairns as Jarrad had announced the forthcoming triple installer which came indeed without a hitch few weeks afterwards.

No release date demanded, just whether I can buy it and be reasonnably sure to be able to install it in a not so distant future.

Great news John!!

I really waiting for Alaska aiports in v2!. 

Then PAJN Juneau, and of course KJAC Jackson Hole are my next airports, and only need wait for the update (with a little patiente  ::) ) 

Thanks very much John!.

This time purchased only NZNI in OFF price...have almost all the sceneries as required..completed australia and newzealand....now waiting for open LC asia...but i guess for that i need to wait a very long time... :D and i am all set for that.. :D

cheers

Tell me about it.. I have to wait for #6 for South America, and #2 NA is  not even out yet.. :(

Thanks for this.

Bought all Russ airports for my P3D V2. Juneau, Gustavus, Kenai

:)

Note that additional Russ White airports in the Alaska/BC region, include PAKT Ketchikan, CYBD Bella Coola, and CZST Stewart.

I'd be surprised, though, if Turbulent is able to produce triple-installers for all six airports within the next couple of months. :) Nevertheless, I've already picked up all Russ White airports.

Thank your John and team for the sale.

I got Norway and in a last minute rush decided to go also for Milford Sound.

Why last minute?

Well, I have got quite a few of the ORBX airports, but I can't get them all and I really fell behind somewhat.

So I had to plough through the descriptions and screenshots an the ORBX website.

And the more I ploughed through them, the more airports I wanted to have!

It was a tough decision but I'm sure, more airports will follow in time ;)

Anyway, thank you again, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the sale, OrbX. Appreciated.

Now, to the next sale (if any) from now, I see on my radar screen the Samoas, SoCal and OpenLC NA . Have you, guys, thought about keeping a little dough aside ?

What is going on?  The sale was supposed to last THROUGH May...  It is the 31st today but it looks like the sale is not registering on the flight sim store link...

???

Ditto, I was going to add few more airports but at 16:30 uk the sale was not showing anymore!

Orbx is an Australian company and the sale ended at midnight on the last day of May. I am astonished that every time we hold a sale we get posts like these. Use common sense and purchase your products through the month, not in the final hours.

Archived