MAY SALE! 37% OFF ALMOST ALL ORBX PRODUCTS

John Venema

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried several times and lost 10 downloads. >:(

Way to go FlightSim Store.

To avoid this, do not go back to the account page.  Stay on the download server page.  If I find one that is slow I stop and try another server.  That worked for me today.

To avoid this, do not go back to the account page.  Stay on the download server page.  If I find one that is slow I stop and try another server.  That worked for me today.

The download starts of fast then it drops after a few minutes. Something that is supposed to take 10 minutes turns into hours. I'm done buying from that site.

The download starts of fast then it drops after a few minutes. Something that is supposed to take 10 minutes turns into hours. I'm done buying from that site.

Calm down man.. It's the flight sim world's equivalent of Black Friday... You have to sneak in through the crowd.. :ph34r:

Hello everyone,

Orbx and FSS are having a 37% off sale for the month of May only, on *all* pre-2015 releases and even some recent titles like Blue Canyon, Cle Elum etc.

This includes NCA, Norway, FTX Global, Vector and openLC EU.

Enjoy!

Thanks John! Definitely will be getting some goodies...

This will be valid until may 31st, correct?

Mind that 11:55 pm May 31st could be a time zone different from yours ...

Maybe I overlooked the discount for KTVL yesterday, maybe it was an omission initially by FSS: I just noticed that Lake Tahoe is part of the sale as well and again I am downloading with the full bandwidth my ISP delivers.   :D

And even though the 'General Discussion' is part of the 'Public' forums, this thread will not appear unless you're logged in to this site - shouldn't the sale announcement be visible without logging in as well?

Greetings,

I can't download anything. It's sloooooooooooooow!

You can always order the "backup DVDs" from the store. I've done it a few times and it only takes about 5 to get to me in the Middle of NOWHERE, Idaho. Great service option for those of use with limited bandwidth!  ::) 

Respectfully,

Brian

Yay, wonderful news.

Time to snap up the few   airports I have yet to buy.

DJJ, yes it is slow at the moment because of the popularity of ORBX products and everybody trying to buy at the same time. :(  

Do yourself a favour and come back in a few days when the initial rush is over, that is what I will be doing. ???

I have been buying from FSS for several years without any problems at all, I get a majority of my FS stuff from them. :smile:

However when there is a popular event or release the demand is so big that it takes time to download. :banghead:

The sale is on for all of May so there is plenty of time to buy. :P

Best regards

Martyn

Calm down man.. It's the flight sim world's equivalent of Black Friday... You have to sneak in through the crowd.. :ph34r:

;D

Greetings,

You can always order the "backup DVDs" from the store. I've done it a few times and it only takes about 5 to get to me in the Middle of NOWHERE, Idaho. Great service option for those of use with limited bandwidth!  ::)

Respectfully,

Brian

Thanks.

Yay, wonderful news.

Time to snap up the few   airports I have yet to buy.

DJJ, yes it is slow at the moment because of the popularity of ORBX products and everybody trying to buy at the same time. :(  

Do yourself a favour and come back in a few days when the initial rush is over, that is what I will be doing. ???

I have been buying from FSS for several years without any problems at all, I get a majority of my FS stuff from them. :smile:

However when there is a popular event or release the demand is so big that it takes time to download. :banghead:

The sale is on for all of May so there is plenty of time to buy. :P

Best regards

Martyn

I always wait a few days after a sale. I had a mental lapse. It will not happen again. I guarantee it! You guys are the best!

;D

Thanks.

I always wait a few days after a sale. I had a mental lapse. It will not happen again. I guarantee it! You guys are the best!

Great to hear, life can be frustrating.

I actually gave it a try tonight and downloaded Yakutat in under 10 minutes so I guess I am lucky.

Having nearly 90% of all your products, theres nothing for me in this sale but as I scrolled the 5 pages of Orbx items listed at FSS, I was remembering each one of them when I brought them and how with the design of patches and flows all the fields are as fresh today as when they were released.  Such a great line up.  Anyone who is new to FS via say FSX:SE or other means, this is a great opportunity to really enhance the default virtual world with some amazing scenery from all corners of the globe and from the most challenging of bush strips to major international airports!

.  Anyone who is new to FS via say FSX:SE or other means, this is a great opportunity to really enhance the default virtual world with some amazing scenery from all corners of the globe and from the most challenging of bush strips to major international airports!

I concur !

Great to hear, life can be frustrating.

I actually gave it a try tonight and downloaded Yakutat in under 10 minutes so I guess I am lucky.

Lost another ten downloads today. I'm down to 80. My goal is to use all 100 downloads.  8)  This is the slowest I've ever expereinced with that site.

Archived