MAY SALE! 37% OFF ALMOST ALL ORBX PRODUCTS

John Venema

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't wait until 11:55pm on May 31st to make a purchase .....

Am assuming the deadline will be 11:59 PM on May 31st, Australia Eastern Time (GMT+10). That's, I think, 6:59 AM May 31st California time. Will just make sure to wrap up my purchases by May 30th local time, to be safe. :)

Lol I just bought S93 like two nights ago...oh well guess I'll use this sale to finish off my collection of all the Orbx North America airports.

Yeah..I purchased over $200 of scenery just last weekend :)

I just ordered another $150 worth. It'll finish downloading by May 31st I'm sure..LOL.

Edit : and thanks for the 37%

It didn't have a problem taking my money. 8)

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. This has happened to me when an ORBX region has come out. My download told me 32 hours so I gave up and went 2 days later and all was well. Yet others were getting the product in 15 minutes or so. I know the internet is very poor here in Australia compared with other parts of the world. Not trying to p*ss you off but just downloaded KMRY in 11 minutes.

Good luck and just hang in there, I hope this problem for you rectifies itself when the initial rush dies down.

Regards

Martyn

With regard to the slow dowload speeds:

"Always look on the bright side of life" (some of you know where that comes from) :)

Meaning the good news about the slow downloads is there are an awful lot of people buying ORBX in the sale. More sales, more profits for them. More profits, more future airports and regions.

Good grief I am starting to sound like Bruce (some of you know where that comes from) :)

Regards,

Roger

Just picked up four AU airports, was able to download a total of 1.7GB within 15 minutes.  But one problem I had with FSS today, is I was repeatedly prompted to login (about 15 times) as I went through the purchase and then download process.

because not everybody uses FF.

also I had another look at the IDM site and there is a free trial for 30 days, why not give it a try and see if it any better than the FF plugin one.

having said that it is good to know of other options but I do not use FF so I cannot comment on that plugin, if it works ok for you then stick with it.

Three words:  Free Download Manager.

*Free*

No muss, no fuss.  All 6 of my downloads within 30 minutes.  Will go back at the end of the month and finish off my last 4 Washington state airfields.

Stew

I don't know about slow download speed, I just get "waiting for site xxxx" whichever download link I try, eventually the browser window times out with the 522 error.

I purchased FTX Global base (4.5gbyte!), but am just unable to download at all!!!!

Surely FSS should have anticipated such server loads and catered for it. If they are happy to take your money one should be able to get the product!

I am not using any download manager at present, would this actually make a difference when I am not even getting connected to the download site?

I don't know about slow download speed, I just get "waiting for site xxxx" whichever download link I try, eventually the browser window times out with the 522 error.

I purchased FTX Global base (4.5gbyte!), but am just unable to download at all!!!!

Surely FSS should have anticipated such server loads and catered for it. If they are happy to take your money one should be able to get the product!

I am not using any download manager at present, would this actually make a difference when I am not even getting connected to the download site?

Flashget V3.7 its an accelerator and you wont lose the download if you drop out, it just reconnects at the same place again. Its worth a shot although under the current strain at FSS you may be better doing what I do and that's buying next week

I'm extremely grateful for the FTX community, but sometimes it seems as if maybe, just maybe, the person giving the advise and consolation has no idea that the person making a valid complaint or observation, is a very experienced simmer and buyer of online add-ons.

The issue with slow download using TheFlightsim Store is an OLD one. This has happened to many customers. Now there are more and more customers, with more and more free advertising of sales, and we wonder why the system can't hande the additional load. We conclude that what we need is a download manager. Really?

Maybe, just maybe, TheFlightSim store needs to do something to fix this inconvinience to customers. Maybe?

DJJose, you're beginning to spam this sale announcement topic with quite a few posts, so I'll ask you to please stop it. If you continue you'll receive a warning.

As many people have already reported, a slow download speed is not the experience of everyone, with some people downloading GB's of data in just minutes. It may well be environmental to your ISP or where you are located in the world. If the problem was in fact widespread we would have a major revolt on our hands given how many products have been purchased in the last 24 hours. The fact that we don't suggests only very few people have connection and download issues.

The advice to use a download manager is actually good advice; I am astonished by how many people are not using them for large downloads. If you don't have a DL manager then please install one before posting support issues about slow downloads. I use GetRight which allows up to 4 concurrent connections in the free version, supports resuming of lost connections and accelerates the overall download.

I have just checked with Jay and Adrian and the FSS servers are all running 100% fine with plenty of capacity.

If you experience issues please try rebooting your PC, clearing your browser cache and disabling any antivirus software you have running.

DJJose, you're beginning to spam this sale announcement topic with quite a few posts, so I'll ask you to please stop it. If you continue you'll receive a warning.

As many people have already reported, a slow download speed is not the experience of everyone, with some people downloading GB's of data in just minutes. It may well be environmental to your ISP or where you are located in the world. If the problem was in fact widespread we would have a major revolt on our hands given how many products have been purchased in the last 24 hours. The fact that we don't suggests only very few people have connection and download issues.

The advice to use a download manager is actually good advice; I am astonished by how many people are not using them for large downloads. If you don't have a DL manager then please install one before posting support issues about slow downloads. I use GetRight which allows up to 4 concurrent connections in the free version, supports resuming of lost connections and accelerates the overall download.

Thank you.

I managed to successfully download the sceneries. No more complaining from me.

Cheers!

Doesn't work for me:

Error 522 Ray ID: 1e03ff79b60a1a9f • 2015-05-02 13:16:13 UTC Connection timed out

You Browser Working

Düsseldorf CloudFlare Working

flightsimstore-europe.co.uk Host Error

No host is working ?!? If a host response, download should take 2-15 days for just 4,43 Gb.

Normally i can download with 10 Mbit or more from FSS Servers.

Or even Jdownloader which is also free!  It's quite powerful with a lot of options, e.g. error logs to help track down problems, though has a bit more of a learning curve than FDM.

I don't prefer a big learning curve when it comes to a downloader.  I just want it to do its job.  FDM is very intuitive in this regard.

Sorry John, but do you really think this is the right approach when customers complain about bad connections. Yes, due to this promotion, there is a high load, but others make similar promotions and do not have such problems.

About downlaod manager: a really "good" advice ( I of course tried), when you got permanently time out errors. And yes I rebooted my machine (As every day ;) ) and yes I cleared my browser cache, I even tried it from other machine with a different provider and going a different route.

;)

I'm not going to argue with you; we have checked our servers and they are performing optimally and download issues are only affecting a small number of customers. There is not much more we can do than that, sorry.

Just picked up four AU airports, was able to download a total of 1.7GB within 15 minutes.  But one problem I had with FSS today, is I was repeatedly prompted to login (about 15 times) as I went through the purchase and then download process.

Just for the record, my repeated FSS login issue, turned out to an apparent browser cache issue. After I switched to a different browser, the problem went away.  

I had three rounds of downloads for a total of seven titles (five products were in the 1 GB range, plus 3.7 GB NCA, plus PAHO): No disconnect, no timeout, 2 rounds at full ISP bandwidth, 1 round at half the rate. Can't complain.

I DL Global Base in about 2 hours when the sale started. I have since been trying to DL Vector about 8 different times since then with no luck. I have never needed a DL manager or program ever, and I have never had a problems ever downloading. With a brand new computer I am reluctant to install any programs I am unfamiliar with or don't feel I absolutely need. Anyway I caved and did go ahead with Get Right and after several attempts from the different servers I finally got one that worked, but I see it saying it might take 30-60 hours to DL (the number keeps changing) and after 6 hours now I only had 500MB of the 6G DL.  

Anyway I had to pull the plug on this as I'm not going to let it sit here downloading for 3 days, and others in the house need the computer too. After pulling the plug I tried some of the other servers just to see and still get 552 errors or DL times that are days long. Anyway so much for using a DL program, I just hope it's not a nightmare for me to remove and doesn't leave any lingering effects on my computer as I don't think I will be keeping it. 

BTW I'm not here to complain, I am THANKFUL for the sale on my bigger purchases here, and I'm just posting my experience. I guess I should wait until after the weekend and see how my luck is then, it's just I have more time on the weekend to install and test etc.

I wonder if this has something to do with network latency, on the various legs (segments) on the particular Internet path between the FSS servers and the customer's router.  In other words, the FSS servers themselves could be just fine, but there might be congestion on some of those segments of the path.

Which might explain why I got mostly great download speeds over the past day between FSS and my location in the western US, but Germany users can't download...two different Internet paths.

| Update:  Just tried another download.  I got the 522 error...connection is fine between my browser and CloudFare in Los Angeles. But a connection timed out error between CloudFlare and aws.fss-cdn.com.  I am only mentioning this for FSS/Orbx tech support's info.

| To be clear, I very much appreciate those Orbx sales, it's great to see demand apparently is high--means more quality Orbx products in the future for us!  :)

I bought four titles, what joy, methinks. Ten and a half hours later, half past midnight the last one was firmly ensconced on my hard drive. Why oh why do we have to suffer such slow download speeds (6 to 600 KB/sec) in 2015.

I bought FTX Global, Vector and LC Europe last month - at full price so am not as happy as your other respondents.....would ORBX like to give me a sweetener, like Trees HD for free?

Cheers

If they do that for you they will have to do that for about a thousand other people... That's the nature of sales...

I bought FTX Global, Vector and LC Europe last month - at full price so am not as happy as your other respondents.....would ORBX like to give me a sweetener, like Trees HD for free?

Cheers

If you win the next screen shot competition you get whatever you chose as a prize. Good luck.

Then there would be a thousand more happy people instead of a thousand slightly narked people!

Sigh.

I would have thought a descreet message to ORBX staff with your request would be the better option. You dont really expect them to come here an declare ORBX trees free..just sayin

I would have thought a descreet message to ORBX staff with your request would be the better option. You dont really expect them to come here an declare ORBX trees free..just sayin

Better still...a direct, polite e-mail to Flight Sim Store Sales Support might just work, less public, more tactful. ::)

Hello everyone,

Orbx and FSS are having a 37% off sale for the month of May only, on *all* pre-2015 releases and even some recent titles like Blue Canyon, Cle Elum etc.

This includes NCA, Norway, FTX Global, Vector and openLC EU.

Enjoy!

How about making it 73% off instead of 37% off? ::)

Archived