openLC EU - first new texture shots!

Hello all,

As you know we are planning an ambitious program to create custom landclass for the entire world, and with each region pack will come unique new textures to provide for the most accurate regional LC possible. So here are some new work-in-progress textures in our testing area which will be used in the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Poland, Germany, and the Scandinavian countries.

These are alpha shots and we don't expect to enter full beta testing until January, with a release of openLC EU in February. The scale of this project is just enormous and we don't want to rush it. Doing so will remove the unique goals we're setting with the project, to truly give the entire planet a unique look and feel with custom textures.

So if you can imagine these sorts of new textures sitting on top of FTXG BASE and FTXG VECTOR, you'll begin to get an idea of what we want to achieve.

We'll bring you many more shots over the coming 5-6 weeks.

RnpQ.jpg

uPNM.jpg

LvFHI.jpg

cr0R.jpg

buI0s.jpg

vi9QG.jpg

IZJl.jpg

6Mw9T.jpg

Too cool, but I do begin to wonder what value-add you might be able to provide in future full-fat regions once you get all the base work completed? Would it be even further improved? Photo-real stuff? Hand-placed objects, POIs, etc? Enhanced 'default' airports? What?

Amazed at what you guys are doing with FSX/P3D.

Even so, I'm sure when you release some people will moan like the clappers and be aggressive, abusive and rude without first trying to determine 'why' whatever their particular beef is; seems to be a more commonly occurring response for some reason, especially by newbies to the forums.

Wish you every success; really looking forward to your future, since mine own is somewhat related to it :-)

Photo-real stuff? Hand-placed objects, POIs, etc? Enhanced 'default' airports? What?

All of these are already in our full-fat regions. Don't expect openLC to become something more substantial than our FTX regions are, that would be eating our own lunch!  :mellow:

We have a strategy for openLC that involves creating a "V2 Plus" openLC series from 2015-2017 that adds a lot more detail for villages and smaller areas < 1km in grid size. At that time we will consider POI objects and other enhancements for parts of the world where we'll be unlikely to do full-fat regions.

Unbelievable JV! I'm glad you explained about the tulip thing as I was just about to add the same comments about the oversaturated tulips! In fact, your scenery looks more realistic than the real photos. They surely have been oversaturated in the processing stage? I hope I have some spondoolies in my account after christmas :D

Very, very nice indeed! Amazing!

Are soccer-field part of the landclass data?

Just one more thing:

Is it possible to use the hard winter textures only when there is hard winter? Could the weather engine make the adjustment between winter and hard winter?

For example: Currently in Germany it is cold but we have no snow. If I fly in FTXG today the country is white!

Any chance to have a custome textures? Something like Weather-Flow?

Very, very nice indeed! Amazing!

Are soccer-field part of the landclass data?

Just one more thing:

Is it possible to use the hard winter textures only when there is hard winter? Could the weather engine make the adjustment between winter and hard winter?

For example: Currently in Germany it is cold but we have no snow. If I fly in FTXG today the country is white!

Any chance to have a custome textures? Something like Weather-Flow?

Hard winter is controlled by the global seasons.bgl, so we may look into using the same tech as our FTX regions whereby we create custom seasons files to more accurately depict when snow is on the ground. No promises though; it's important to remain focused on what this is, predominantly a landclass product.

Hard winter is controlled by the global seasons.bgl, so we may look into using the same tech as our FTX regions whereby we create custom seasons files to more accurately depict when snow is on the ground. No promises though; it's important to remain focused on what this is, predominantly a landclass product.

If I'm not mistaken I can even see John "Tip Toeing" through the tulips   ^-^  ^-^  ^-^  ^-^

Forgive my ignorance..

Will the LC product stop me seeing those horrible default roads that cut through buildings and estates like they are overlayed on the top?

Not at all, it is during tulip season, just like this real-world photo:

tulip01.jpg

Blimey, they are bright ! Okay, well, if thats the real world, I can't argue with it - but I'd put something about it in the FAQs if I were you.  ;)

We could release it in December but I am sure you guys don't want to beta test a product ;)

As I keep saying over and over, all our roadmap release estimates are just that - estimates. No software company should ever give actual release dates for products unless you are EA releasing a first person shooter franchise with a $300 million budget and a staff of 200 developers to finish it.

NCA has been pushed out to January, openLC to February, just the way it goes :)

We could release it in December but I am sure you guys don't want to beta test a product ;)

As I keep saying over and over, all our roadmap release estimates are just that - estimates. No software company should ever give actual release dates for products unless you are EA releasing a first person shooter franchise with a $300 million budget and a staff of 200 developers to finish it.

NCA has been pushed out to January, openLC to February, just the way it goes :)

JV,

I love all the preview images from you and appreciate you sharing these with us. I have to ask how you get over the one thing that LC products in the past always seemed to not be able to avoid. Repeating texture tiles in close proximity. I did see some of this in the Iceland demo just released about a month or so ago where there were repeating small rural residence tiles outside of Reykjavik. But nothing like when you're flying over pastures and fields and then noticing the same pastures and fields repeating over and over again but just rotated around in placement.

These look very promising and I look forward to more previews of your LC products.

Thanks again,

Brad

Looking very good - the future and the shots !

Really glad to hear about V2 plus LC products coming down the track . I have an interest in areas North and west of the Himalayas , looks like interesting country.

Great work team , keep it going :)

Archived