This Week's Meaningless Topic (#190)(April 24)

Hi all. Quoting from Google, Saudi Prince Al Waleed bin Talal al-Saud owns the most expensive private jet ever made, a modified Airbus A380 that costs over $500 million. The jet has a concert hall, Turkish bath, garage space, stable, throne, and prayer room.  We Forum Folk are more modest than that, but we do have our dreams. And that leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  If you had unlimited funds and could buy any plane you want, what plane would you buy? (For me, a King Air)

• Like 4

I doubt the Prince flies this behemoth himself, and that takes the fun out of it.  But on the other hand he obviously (and maybe not so obviously) has ways of having fun anyway.  

For me, I'd go for the Mooney "Bravo" I fly in the SIM.  I've lusted for Moonies since the 1980s when I first got seriously interested in general aviation.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm not to sure what type of plane.

Nothing to big where my

female servants would have to walk to far.

Like Adam a fully stocked bar of beer and yes,

Mercury hard cider 6.9% and after, a very obliging 

pilot who will let me take to the controls.😁

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 6

me I'd have a Grand Caravan, reason being that this was the first Carenado plane I bought in FSX, can't remember the date but I loved it and flew it everywhere, then at a  meeting at Goodwood, invited by Peugeot to look at the RCZ-R (we had RCZ) before release,  I got to sit in a Grand Caravan, been hooked on the things since...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

I'm not to sure what type of plane.

Nothing to big where my

female servants would have to walk to far.

Like Adam a fully stocked bar of beer and yes,

Mercury hard cider 6.9% and after, a very obliging 

pilot who will let me take to the controls.😁

cheers

Gumby

Not getting away with it, my friend. I'm too curious about what the real "Mad Tasmanian" would choose in real life. (In one of my novels, the Mad Tasmanian was a crack P-40 pilot) You gotta name one, just for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Not getting away with it, my friend. I'm too curious about what the real "Mad Tasmanian" would choose in real life. (In one of my novels, the Mad Tasmanian was a crack P-40 pilot) You gotta name one, just for me.

Ok Rodge I'm sticking with a B727-200 loved the look of this plane

from when I flew on one as a kid. Like me it has character and

will be full of the finest beverages. And with my gold plated teeth

it will be the most expensive plane in the sky. The P-40 was a good choice,

but I've moved up in the world.:D

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Ok Rodge I'm sticking with a B727-200 loved the look of this plane

from when I flew on one as a kid. Like me it has character and

will be full of the finest beverages. And with my gold plated teeth

it will be the most expensive plane in the sky. The P-40 was a good choice,

but I've moved up in the world.:D

cheers

Gumby

Can't argue with that choice, Gumby. 727 is one of the beauties and also fun to fly in simplified flight sim form. Good 'un, mate!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

For me it would be two planes. First of all a small single engined prop which I could fun fly by myself (need to get a PPL first of course). And then a business jet (incl. crew) for fast travelling with family and

friends, thinking of anything between a small Honda Jet and a Citation Longitude, but not too big for being able to access also smaller airfields.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Assuming I'm not the pilot, it would need to be an aircraft that gets us to the UK to visit the in laws. Concord will do this nicely and a little bit quickly as well. I still remember when I lived in West London when Concord was on final, everyone looked up to the sky, such an icon.

Cheers 

Graeme :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, wolfko said:

For me it would be two planes. First of all a small single engined prop which I could fun fly by myself (need to get a PPL first of course). And then a business jet (incl. crew) for fast travelling with family and

friends, thinking of anything between a small Honda Jet and a Citation Longitude, but not too big for being able to access also smaller airfields.

Wolfgang, the Citation was one of the first planes I loved to fly in FSX. By coincidence, my wife and I were just passing under the approach to Spokane International yesterday when a beautiful Citation came across in front of us just before touchdown. What a thrill!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I would get the C47 just like the one the Mule Team has, but we'll make the following changes(as you'll see below in the pic):P. Now that's what I call a "beerable" flight:D. Cheers k.

image.jpeg

Edited by flyingleaf
  • Haha 7

13 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

I would get the C47 just like the one the Mule Team has, but we'll make the following changes(as you'll see below in the pic):P. Now that's what I call a "beerable" flight:D. Cheers k.

image.jpeg

my kind of travel, bit like an all you can eat buffet?.... and no falling over...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

Anything owned by John Travolta as long as he was in the left seat.   A Look At John Travolta’s Jet Collection (simpleflying.com)  .

Well Doug not wanting to be a party pooper. I think the 707

should come back here to the city it was named after.

The City Of Launceston, no bias of coarse  :D

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gumbypickett said:

I've just woken up and I had to pinch myself.

Jack is that you or am I still having that nightmare?:lol:

Nice to see you Jack.

cheers

Gumby

Nightmare?

Yes, it’s me Gumby.

Still using my simulator but no longer post shots.  I simply don’t have the time.  Far too busy with woodworking, physics, and building playing bass and playing six-string guitars.

Take care, I dunno how often I’ll post.

Jack

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nightmare?

Yes, it’s me Gumby.

Still using my simulator but no longer post shots.  I simply don’t have the time.  Far too busy with woodworking, physics, and building playing bass and playing six-string guitars.

Jack

48 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nightmare?

Yes, it’s me Gumby.

Jack

Your Avatar is no oil painting yet, it gives me

nightmares.:D

No offence.🥶

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Well Doug not wanting to be a party pooper. I think the 707

should come back here to the city it was named after.

The City Of Launceston, no bias of coarse  :D

cheers

Gumby

No problem. John says we'll be there right after a brief stop in Bora Bora for a drink, or two, at Bloody Mary's (which I consider to be the best watering hole in the world).

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Your Avatar is no oil painting yet, it gives me

nightmares.:D

No offence.🥶

cheers

Gumby

Gosh Gumby, I'm sorry you have nightmares like this.  My avatar is Fred Nerd from the Comic Strip Factory.  I use it on my Mac to make comics and am getting close to publishing all of them I've ever created.

No offense taken.

J

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1