Loss of a pet...

wain71

came home yesterday to find our 15 year old cat had passed away, she was laid out in front of the TV where she spends so much time, we knew she was getting on because of things she was doing but wow it hurt so much to find her.....can't believe how it upset me and the wife so much, they really do become part of the family don't they?.....am I over thinking this or have any of you felt the same?...missed her sat next to me this morning at breakfast or being sprawled out on my desk whilst I type this....RIP Felix we miss you already girl...

PXL_20220101_115427292.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Sad 9

Tearing up just reading your post Wayne. Sorry for your loss. They are a family member, I was heartbroken when our ginger Krinkles passed at 18yrs. Many years of good memories for you, hope you've got many photos of her to smile at. 

Cheers and best to you

Graeme 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss pets are a big part of our family and would be devastated too lose a pet.I couldnt comprehend how your feeling at the moment.best wishes too you and the family mate.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Our most sincere sympathy, Wayne.  We've had cats all our lives (wife and I).  Sadly they just don't live as long as we do, and the loss of our beloved fur babies is absolutely devastating.  We've been through it, so we feel for your loss.  Grieve as long as you need to, then if you can, go to the shelter and give another poor homeless kitty a forever home. Share the love!

Ken & Karen

P.S.  Our Chessie  is.also 15 now.  Still an energetic cat, doesn't act like a "senior" at all.  I say he's in midlife mode, if he were a human he'd be tooling around in a sports car ( a purrari?). But we watch him carefully, well aware that at his age this can change suddenly.

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

It's one of the family, cat, dog, budgie whatever the loss is just as deep as any family member. Been there and it really hurts. At least the little girl died at home in comfort. Really sympathise with you.....

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear of your loss of your family member Felix, Wayne. 😪

We lost our fur baby of 16yrs almost 4 yrs ago and it's every bit as bad or worse than a human. I still think of him everyday and the things we did together over the years. Now we have a new little boy, a Goldendoodle named Ben. 🙂

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I definitely feel your loss. My wonderful cat died after 14 years of being my friend. Anybody who has never had a pet can never understand how painful this can be. I'm a volunteer at a local animal shelter which is great, but I still miss my little buddy and always will. Unfortunately, this comes with being a pet owner and we all have to deal with it sooner or later. I'm just glad I have numerous pics and videos I can look at.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1