v6 support prepar3d

AhadVlogs

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hi,

I hope the official installer method is coming soon (as this is a long wait).  Previously for P3Dv4 or 5 - the installer got the option super fast (If I recall, on same day as release).  I will wait till official installer is out vs the unsupported workaround.

Edited by Airwolf
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

No workarounds or registry tweaks for me either. If Orbx ever makes a v6 installer then it will be my go-to sim since most, but not all, of my other addons from v5 work OK in v6. I have over 60 Orbx products and would very much like to be able to use them in v6. I'll probably give MSFS 2024 a try when it comes out, but for now I'm not going to buy MSFS 2020 only to have to buy a new sim next year. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

yeah it would be nice to get an official installer, it's apparently not that dissimilar under the hood unlike XP12 compared to 11.....I did initially buy v6 but the lack of enthusiasm from Orbx meant I did get a refund, I would though consider getting it again as there are a ton of Orbx scenery in my v5 that I am sure would look even better in v6...

• Like 2

I'm guessing the problem maybe that some of the sceneries work fine but others do no so every one of them needs to be tried and fixed if necessary.  My plan is to try v6 in October or November when the is no longer conducive to outdoor activity.  Maybe by then Orbx will have come up with an official installer.

• Like 1

I have all my Orbx scenery installed in v6 with that port over and it all works perfect also I have OZx installed with no problems so what is the problem with Orbx surely they can allow Orbx central to recognize P3Dv6 if it was that other sim it would be done in a flash

• Confused 1

Thanks, George, for the update.

Great news about the upcoming Orbx Central V6 version. As you say, a great steppingstone.

Once that is implemented, we are looking forward to any updates about the individual scenery packages (their usefulness and compatibility in V6) as they are tested with Orbx Central.

Aussie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, George Peppard said:

My team is currently working on a version of Orbx Central that will recognise P3D v6 - not sure yet when exactly it will be released but watch this space - we haven't forgotten! 😁

I

Great news George, I think we're all looking foward to it

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, George Peppard said:

My team is currently working on a version of Orbx Central that will recognise P3D v6 - not sure yet when exactly it will be released but watch this space - we haven't forgotten! 😁

I can't speak for the rest of the plans to port sceneries across (that's way above my pay grade!) but this is a great stepping stone towards that.

Just to verify:

"My team is currently working on a version of Orbx Central that will recognise P3D v6"

Does that mean Orbx Base will work in P3Dv6 ?

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 2

Great news George; thousands of 'takers' by the looks of it. I've copied 'n pasted a recent post I made on Avsim\P3D Addon Compatibility List.

Hi CO2Neutral

bloomin' well said, sir! I concur, and I bet so do a good chunk of the 34,000 viewers of this thread. With simming, looks ain't everything. It's got to fly good!

Flying P3D v6 (and v5) is stable, controllable and immersive. You nearly always get to your destination, without drama. P3D v6 default scenery is hugely improved.

MSFS  feels, TO ME, like cycling to the shops on a narrow, winding and busy pavement ON A PENNY-FARTHING! (careful with the spelling). Precarious but I will continue to give a go, too.(MSFS is extremely visually appealing).

I definitely agree, CO2Neutral, Lockheed Martin P3D v6 (and v5) is not dead. Very much alive, so please don't bin it or put into deep freeze. 

Most importantly, we all need detailed and realistic airports, please dear Anna Cicognani at Orbx etc.

And much better quality aircraft compared to the defaults. Though copying over A2A's fleet is a great start (needing a tweak, please star Scott Gentile and team. And Carenado/Alabeo Golden Eagle C421 and Diamond DA-62 work very well (after their patch/fix is applied)

Q. To cut to the chase, I would very much like to know if anyone has actually tried installing/running Vertx DA-62 (for P3D v4) into P3D v6? I know it doesn't work, without dark-arts and trickery, in P3D v5. I'll wait for replies to this question, and then I'll swig some ale for Dutch courage, and have a go myself (assuming I cannot damage my sim (?). Sean Maloney's version was ace (just like his RealAir Beechcraft Turbo Duke which works fantastically in P3D v6, though just for those who originally bought it many moons ago.

Rod

EGBB hot, too hot, beer in fridge for later or sooner) 

•  
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I see my Central now recognizes V6. Thank you for that!

Is there an official, or even speculative, position on adding product availability to V6? I assume a we're looking into it approach still applies, but curiosity persists. 🙂

Happy to be patient as V6 continues to mature...  Thanks again!

Edited by vbdad
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...