This Week's Meaningless Topic (#122)(Jan 6)

Hi all. One of the greatest pleasures of flight simulation is seeing the world. Especially in the newer simulations, the scenery is real enough to let you feel like you're there. Even so, most of us tend to spend most of our time in particular geographies (I like the Pacific Islands). And that opens this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  Where in the world do you most enjoy sim flying?

• Like 4

I have a three favorite areas, all wonderful because they are so different.

1. My home territory the Northeast U.S.  Favorite flights include areas and airports such as Block Island, (KBID), Nantucket (KACK) and Bar Harbor, (KBHB).  Fun in the whole area.

2. Then the Pacific Northwest.  Felts Field, (KSFF), Cle Elum (S93), and the Puget Sound, Olympia Peninsula region, Jefferson County (0S9) and Hoquiam, Bowerman Field (KHQM).

3. My current favorite, California.  Everywhere from Santa Barbara (KSBA) to Palm Springs (KPSP) to Catalina (KAVX).  Then Kern Valley (L05), Monterey (KMRY) and Nyack Blue Canyon (KBLU) over the infamous Donner Pass. Neighboring Arizona too, where my in-laws were "snow birds."

All wonderful scenery areas enhance by Orbx Land Class or True Earth regions and wonderfully detailed airports. A lot of historical associations, too.  But another major attraction of the West is live ATC by PilotEdge.

Ken

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alaska Rodger. It's the best place for an Airline like the "Mule Team Fright Airline":rolleyes: to find a whole bunch of passengers that are placed on a "NO" fly list:D. Hilda just loves that. They really can't complain about Jack's Fish Haggis recipe and don't mind paying our insanely high prices for the beer:P:D. But those guys are a lot of fun too.:D Cheers, see Y'all in Alaska k. :) 

P.S: Yeah I know T Bone spelled it Fright instead of Freight. He told me he was a sign painter before he decided to become a pilot. I asked why did you quit? He said he was painting this writing on a door once and thought it said "Psycho the rapist" but the guy standing behind him said: "Hey T-Bone it's ONE word , one word. Go figure.:rolleyes::D

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Alaska Rodger. It's the best place for an Airline like the "Mule Team Fright Airline":rolleyes: to find a whole bunch of passengers that are placed on a "NO" fly list:D. Hilda just loves that. They really can't complain about Jack's Fish Haggis recipe and don't mind paying our insanely high prices for the beer:P:D. But those guys are a lot of fun too.:D Cheers, see Y'all in Alaska k. :) 

P.S: Yeah I know T Bone spelled it Fright instead of Freight. He told me he was a sign painter before he decided to become a pilot. I asked why did you quit? He said he was painting this writing on a door once and thought it said "Psycho the rapist" but the guy standing behind him said: "Hey T-Bone it's ONE word , one word. Go figure.:rolleyes::D

I've enjoyed exploring Alaska too.  I'm A great fan of Josh Flowers' "Aviation 101" YouTube channel, and I followed his Alaskan adventures and replicated some of them in the Sim.

Ken

• Like 4

My home State of Queensland  - which offers everything that the rest of Australia has  - or hasn't got;) - and The UK where I spent the 

first 31 years of my life and extensively travelled all over - and now fly over:rolleyes:

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I usually fly to where I have been or will be travelling in real life. This has been limited to "have been" in Covid times. As you know, I tend to add real life photos to the "have been" posts.

Conesquently this will mostly be Europe, USA and Oceania. Asia is excluded, because I still stick with p3d and OpenLC did not come (and I have so many places there I would have liked to show you...). A little Africa can be added now as well. In total, quite a big part of the world...

6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

It's the best place for an Airline like the "Mule Team Fright Airline":rolleyes: to find a whole bunch of passengers that are placed on a "NO" fly list:D.

In addidtion I try to qualify as a frequent flyer on Mule Air Services. But my doctor always puts restrictions to that :blink:!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

some great posts so far, mine is probably quite uninspiring, I use an addon called A Pilots Life, currently employed by EasyJet flying EU mostly in 3 different sims, I would like something that could be used in different sims that puts me somewhere different in something smaller for a change, maybe back to PNW in an Otter or similar, but with something else choosing my routes...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Australia when flying tube liners for the real-time AI traffic immersion and for GA flying mostly New Zealand South Island for the beauty. This will no doubt change, it was once PNW for everything.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 1/5/2023 at 7:19 PM, larryisenor said:

Pacific Coast from Washington up to Alaska. Great scenery and can be challenging with real world weather.

Larry

I always fly with real world weather, and with the weather systems hitting the West Coast and into the Rockies right now, this gets very challenging. Lately I've been working on the PilotEdge IFR training program.  Wednesday went from Prescott, AZ to Phoenix.  Weather was socked in at Prescott so I flew IFR to KPHX, first actual IFR flight in IFR conditions, not a training exercise.  Then back north to Sedona, KSEZ yesterday.  What a beautiful area, and a beautiful and accurate airport.  Tomorrow to Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and Boulder City, NV. Beautiful! (Sadly, the RW Lake Mead is very low and in trouble, and the recent rain seems to have only helped a little.  Orbx Lake Mead is in all its glory).

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1