Loss of a Great Lady

very sad news we had yesterday, I was very moved to hear it, I saw her once when I was a small child and in the 80's I was involved in a parade in London where my Regiment lined the route to the Palace, we gave her a Royal salute - present arms- as she went passed in her gold carriage, I felt very honoured and proud....she was an incredible person not just in the UK but going by the news channels, all around the world.....she will be missed.....I think Hing Charles III made a good start today by getting out of the car at the Palace and meeting the public and shaking hands etc, though his security looked a little nervous at times. At least now she is at peace with her Husband, both Rest In Peace....

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I had the honour of meeting her on two occasions when she visited St Petersburg in 1994 including at an event on the royal yacht Britannia. She was charming and took a great interest in what I was doing in Russia. Not only am I saddened by her passing but also the vitriolic comments I have read on another forum by my Scottish compatriots. That's why I enjoy this forum where everyone is friendly and if they don't have a good word about something or someone, they keep quiet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I am not a monarchist however I am an Elizabethan. She did her job well and was a steadying influence in UK life. RIP Queen Elizabeth. Now if the media would just leave the boys alone instead of blowing family issues out of all proportion just to sell magazines.

• Upvote 1