Socked in at Catalina

Jack Sawyer

34 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

Very nice shot Jack.  KAVX with Scottish weather.  Cheers,

Calum

Thanks Calum!  I have Scottish heritage and have been there several times.  Man do I wish I lived there, on a moor, alone, it would be awesome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Scottish weather or not you would need a good scotch after getting down safely in that.;)

Another wonderful weather image Jack.:)

Thanks Martyn, I was incredibly amazed by the lifelike rain on the windshield.  It looks exactly like what I see when I drive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Amazing weather test, Jack. And a good place to stay on the ground for some time - I have seen many nice pictures from the airport infrastructure...

Thanks Gerold, indeed, this is the reason this was the first I bought.  Besides, it's a nice place to fly to San Diego from.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shot, need a bit of wind to blow that weather away...

Thanks Wain.  I was lucky, they hit a button and like in a 007 movie huge fans came up from the ground and blew it all away.  (I can dream can't I?) :)

• Haha 2

The rain effects in MSFS are one of the best things in that sim, in my opinion. Anytime I have completed an MSFS flight in poor weather with rain effects, I am stressed until I am on the ground. And then, I am like 'phew' I made it. I have never had such an effect in a sim like before. Now, that is a fine image of that exact type of scenario ;) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

The rain effects in MSFS are one of the best things in that sim, in my opinion. Anytime I have completed an MSFS flight in poor weather with rain effects, I am stressed until I am on the ground. And then, I am like 'phew' I made it. I have never had such an effect in a sim like before. Now, that is a fine image of that exact type of scenario ;) 

Cool!  Thanks Landon, I have that feeling of total immersion in this program too.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Hi Jack,

great shot, but on closer inspection it looks like you have both versions, if you bought the Orbx version you will need to uninstall the asobo version in the content manager.

cheers

Ken

Thanks Ken but I can’t figure this out.

I’m in the content manager now and when I type in KAVX I see KAVX Catalina Airport by Orbx and World Update X: USA and when I type in Catalina I see KAVX Catalina Airport by Orbx and World Update X: USA also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boetie said:

Great shots Jack. Look out for the Bison!

Cheers

Graeme:)

Thanks Graeme!  I didn’t know they had bison there, that’s cool.  We like to eat bison burgers here, it’s much better than regular beef in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

That's a factual feature Ken has included in the scenery. I was surprised to see them alongside the runway. Had to Google it to check it out. Bison burgers....my mouth is watering!

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I’m in the content manager now and when I type in KAVX I see KAVX Catalina Airport by Orbx and World Update X: USA and when I type in Catalina I see KAVX Catalina Airport by Orbx and World Update X: USA also.

Hello Jack, try typing in Catalina instead.

4.jpg

Click on it and then on delete

5.jpg

Of course, it doesn't help that the Orbx version has a missing "a".  :)

You can also find it in the USA update 10, if you click on the blue and white (i) at the right-hand side, all of its components are listed and KAVX is one of them.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack, try typing in Catalina instead.

4.jpg

Click on it and then on delete

5.jpg

Of course, it doesn't help that the Orbx version has a missing "a".  :)

You can also find it in the USA update 10, if you click on the blue and white (i) at the right-hand side, all of its components are listed and KAVX is one of them.

Much appreciated Nick.  Will try this when I get home.  As an aside, how can Ken tell?  Was something I didn’t see duplicated?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

In Ken's version, there is only one control tower :), apart from many other differences.

Thanks Nick.  Now I have to see if there's more than one before I uninstall the Asobo.  I didn't even look that closely.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

In Ken's version, there is only one control tower :), apart from many other differences.

I did it Nick but I had to go inside the USA scenery and select it and then delete.  Only Orbx Catalina showed up in search no matter how I spelled it.  It's odd why mine is different from your's.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

ok .

go to your msfs folder/Official/OneStore

scroll down till you find microsoft-airport-kavx-catalina

then delete it

cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

ok .

go to your msfs folder/Official/OneStore

scroll down till you find microsoft-airport-kavx-catalina

then delete it

cheers

Thanks Ken but I used the Content Manager and found it as described by Nick above.

• Like 1

I think Nicks method is easier, glad you got it sorted, sometimes it is hard to see both versions together, I had inside knowledge and knew what to look for, a dead giveaway is Avalon Harbour, the msfs version has very little detail, and our version I feel has much more going on at the airport itself, Tim did an outstanding version of the airport building, and it stuck out like a sore thumb having the Asobo superimposed on top of it, also our palm trees are better, not to mention some very attractive ladies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1