Rolling Home

Stillwater

I started in May and flew over Norway to Alaska, then down the American West coast to Panama, across Cuba to the Caribbean and back to Europe. Now is the day to return home. From Amsterdam...

MSW3SEt.jpg

... climbing out over the Amstelveen Bosbaan. I suspect this is used for rowing, but we can imagine another use, can´t we?

WtT6tub.jpg

Amsterdam Centraal.

mJzzdlM.jpg

Nice details, even without a TE scenery.

1kMmVLP.jpg

Muiden. When I was in school we lay there with a sailboat, to visit the city nearby.

7X1A1Mn.jpg

Flevoland. One of the big landfills in the Ijsselmeer.

N2HTHK9.jpg

And here we nearly reach my home turf. Osnabrück, with its interesting railway crossing.

CboRroo.jpg

Porta Westfalica International Airport...

QQY8QYI.jpg

... and the Porta itself, where the Weser river crosses the mountain ridge.

M9dlICS.jpg

Hanover city...

mjN0uKO.jpg

... and the area where I type these lines.

e5ySd68.jpg

Into final of the 27L (my favourite runway).

yhD8IzY.jpg

Flying & screenshotting without pause is a risk. Causing a bad angle of attack here...

PeJ656L.jpg

... but the sim is tolerant, so I get the Caravan parked. At home. Where to head next?

MxzUtB5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It has indeed, as Wayne said first, been a pleasure to follow your flight narrative these past months and to see all the varied locations and screenshots. Of course, the aircraft selection had a nicely chosen variety to! This latest set was nicely put together and narrated yet again, and gives us all some insight to your familiar area. 

Looking forward to your next extended adventure!

Cheers!
Landon

• Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 5:25 PM, BradB said:

Lovely set of shots Gerold , I love that rugged terrain of the Netherlands . :):D

Thank you John. Do you remember the "Canyon turn" excercise in FSX? Would surely be useful to practise it before touring the Netherlands.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:33 PM, wain71 said:

fantastic shots and narrative there Gerold, it's been a pleasure to follow your journey...

And in addition it was/is my pleasure, Wayne!

23 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

It has indeed, as Wayne said first, been a pleasure to follow your flight narrative these past months and to see all the varied locations and screenshots. Of course, the aircraft selection had a nicely chosen variety to! This latest set was nicely put together and narrated yet again, and gives us all some insight to your familiar area. 

Looking forward to your next extended adventure!

Cheers!
Landon

Thanks a lot for these kind words, Landon. I plan to go southeast, but I have to manipulate my navigation program: It always plans routes over Belarus, Ukraine and Afghanistan. The safe part of the world is getting smaller (remark: by chance some influence of the same force at all these places).

23 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

This is a landmark you actually notice when passing through it by train. Very roughly the area where the Germans beat the Romans. Great shots!

You may remember I can see the monument from my office, in case I don´t work from home.

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

8 hours ago, John Mac said:

Great shots and storyline Gerold!

Enjoyed that,

John.

You´re welcome, John!

6 hours ago, boetie said:

Welcome home Gerold! Thanks for an epic trip. Where to next?

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. I´ll come closer to you, wait and see...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Stillwater also I have felt inspired by your recent flights / tour to start a tour in MSFS to all the airports and Landmark areas that I have purchased through Orbx.....I expect it will take a while and there may well be more added as I go along, but thanks Gerold for igniting a spark of enthusiasm in me with your posts....however I am not going to set a time / date and the plan is to have fun and virtually at least tour different parts of the globe...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, wain71 said:

@Stillwater also I have felt inspired by your recent flights / tour to start a tour in MSFS to all the airports and Landmark areas that I have purchased through Orbx.....I expect it will take a while and there may well be more added as I go along, but thanks Gerold for igniting a spark of enthusiasm in me with your posts....however I am not going to set a time / date and the plan is to have fun and virtually at least tour different parts of the globe...

Wayne, I am happy to spread inspiration! And I fully understand travelling around our virtual world can not be planned with certain target times or dates... there is some life around!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Excellent!

Thank you, mate!

10 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post Gerold, enjoyed the shots and narrative.  And how long did it take you to make this flight?

Thanks John. Unfortunately I do not understand your question: Do you just ask for the lenghth of this final leg (about one hour), or for the total tour (6 months with long interruptions), or for the flight time in total (I can´t tell you, because I do not monitor it)?

6 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Thank you for showing your home area and surrounding countryside in such a delightful way!

You´re welcome, TT!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, Steve Colbert said:

Excellent set!!!

Thank you Steve!

On 11/20/2021 at 5:42 PM, mikee said:

Beautiful shots Gerold :)

My pleasure, Mikee.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Wonderful set of shots Gerold! :)

Thanks a lot, Adam!

3 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Interesting flight and nice captures Gerold!

Merci beaucoup, Francois!