Carlos´ (own?) country

Stillwater

I took another flight across Costa Rica, this time with some (FSX) freeware that @carlosqr showed me. 

WNtGnJ4.jpg

Starting from Barra de Tortuguero at the Atlantic / Gulf coast, ...

bxdVzCR.jpg

eOTKnry.jpg

... over the Canton Pococi...

zrVkTrN.jpg

... towards the volcano ranges. The first one in today´s sequence is the Volcan Poas.

2O5QoOR.jpg

And just after MRAN Arenal airport...

deQLPaa.jpg

... we see the Volcan Arenal.

5GgPEnM.jpg

A series of national parks, for example the NP Volcan Tenorio...

oP4Y4kb.jpg

... leads up to the Volcan Rincon de la Vieja.

D0g1gbT.jpg

I turned south over MRLB Liberia...

UI6jXQz.jpg

... and reached the Pacific coast at Puntarenas.

G5XOvfD.jpg

Time for vacation at Jaco Beach?

djABxVv.jpg

NERE3VA.jpg

But I turned back into the country´s heart to San Jose, with MRPV airport, ...

BHlLt1w.jpg

... the San Jose Cervezeria...

tcyemUD.jpg

... and finally MROC airport.

ixqP8nZ.jpg

For documentation purposes:

67D2Y7U.jpg

No doubt: Often overlooked, but Costa Rica is another country that is worth virtual, and I assume also real travel.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight Gerold, enjoyed the shots and comments.

Thank you John!

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Excellent shots Gerold !! . 

Thanks a lot, John.

4 hours ago, John Mac said:

Wonderful tour Gerold!

John.

My pleasure, John.

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shots there Gerold, great tour...

Thank you, Wayne!

36 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Nice flight indeed Gerold

Good hot spot hunt

4 national parks here and two international airports :)

Nice map, how did you do that?

Cheers

Carlos

It took me some time to install your hints, Carlos. Then I added the waypoints to Plan-G, which is also the program that gave me the map.

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

The alternative is Little Navmap, but I am too lazy to install that and compare...

Thank you so much for the guidance through your Country!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 12:54 AM, TerribleT said:

Fine shots indeed, thanks muchly for the flightplan now added to my bucket list :D

Thank you TT. The OpenLC areas are so big that we often overlook some parts of the world. Be it South America, Africa or - in this case - Central America.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:52 AM, Sniper31 said:

Another great adventure with Gerold, flying a nice hotrod of a red Jetplane. :D Enjoyed this tour!

Landon

Thanks a lot Landon. A bit longer distance for a usual 1-hour-flight, so I had to chose a faster toy. Unfortunately with no regional livery.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:35 AM, adambar said:

Wonderful set of shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam!

wow that' s a great trip Gerold :) Thanks for this beautiful travel in the beautiful Costa Rica ! 

PS Maybe you could be interested to look at the following link screenshots of almost the same journey but did with msfs - screenshots from a plane made to fly by there ... https://flightsim.to/file/17364/big-radials-p-40b-tomahawk-ti-tgo-tortuguero  :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Delightful!

My pleasure, Jack!

11 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Very impressive shots and routing in a small plane. The approach to MROC from the north is quite tricky not to come in too high or too low.

Thank you Lars. I made it the easier way and went downwind across the airport from the north, before landing from the easier side...

6 hours ago, jean marc said:

wow that' s a great trip Gerold :) Thanks for this beautiful travel in the beautiful Costa Rica ! 

PS Maybe you could be interested to look at the following link screenshots of almost the same journey but did with msfs - screenshots from a plane made to fly by there ... https://flightsim.to/file/17364/big-radials-p-40b-tomahawk-ti-tgo-tortuguero  :)

Thank you for watching Jean Marc - and for the comparison. That clearly shows the progress of ground modeling in MSFS, looks fantastic. And still I am calm enough to wait with the change until all my trusted functions / add-ons work... in that time I have to make compromises on the optics.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

That clearly shows the progress of ground modeling in MSFS, looks fantastic. And still I am calm enough to wait with the change until all my trusted functions / add-ons work... in that time I have to make compromises on the optics.

You do not need a very powerful pc for MSFS ... I still use my old Asus Rog G752VY which is about 6 or 7 yo... and since MSFS I did never come back to P3D4 or 5 despite all my Orbx airports and TE etc addons collected ... sad to not use these wonders anymore, but I spent so much time with them that it is ok to go to a new great world... O0 So fantastic for fly over real world details everywhere, lost destination with a real aspect and seasons ... and great planes and weather effects :)

• Like 1