ESSB Stockholm-Bromma. Official Trailer.

7 hours ago, BrianV said:

I am, engine is already on, but had to do a quick visit to Iceland this morning in eager anticipation of Stockholm and its beautiful Skärgård. Well done Marcus, it looks outstanding.

thanks brian! :)

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Very well done. I have only few Swedish sceneries, but this one is a must.

Kind regards, Michael

thanks michael, hope it makes you want to explore sweden more! :)

5 hours ago, BrianV said:

ABBA is back, but even more importantly Marcus is back.:)

if abba makes a comeback anything is possible! :)

5 hours ago, Henrik N said:

I'm so ready to fly to one of my home airports :D Tomorrow it's finally friday and release day, and a weekend off work all dedicated to MSFS! Nu jeflar är man redo till max, kreditkortet bränner ruggigit ordentligt i fickan nu! :D

haha hope you will enjoy it and the weekend!

4 hours ago, KaptenPanna said:

If a picture says 1000 words, then a video says 10000.

thats a quote ive never heard before but already feels like a classic :)

2 hours ago, DanielFall said:

Stunning! Great job Markus!

thanks daniel!

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice video.

Gritty.

It may be in the release  notes, but with the extensive modelling of the 'off airport' POI, such as Churches, it would be helpful for overseas visitors to have access to a map showing the locations.

TTM

That might be a good idea! :)

51 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

Friday or Saturday? 

friday!

• Like 2

Gotta tell ya…you made the Stockholm area way better than Asobo did with WU4… AMAZING I mean even Vikingline! 

Bromma Flygplats…. Epic in all ways and I see the picnic tables where I have eaten many times and of course KFC…WOW!

Marcus, you have created the approach into Stockholm Bromma as real as it gets!

I probably missed the information concerning it but, I seem to remember something about ESSV… will it come out separately ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FSRobert said:

Gotta tell ya…you made the Stockholm area way better than Asobo did with WU4… AMAZING I mean even Vikingline! 

Bromma Flygplats…. Epic in all ways and I see the picnic tables where I have eaten many times and of course KFC…WOW!

I probably missed the information concerning it but, I seem to remember something about ESSV… will it come out separately ?

so glad to hear you enjoy it! :)

essv will come in an update in a few weeks!

• Like 1

Thank you @Marcus Nybergfor a fantastic airport and scenery! Have been looking forward to the release a lot and it did not disappoint!

+ The airport feels full of life thanks to the attention to details, I really love how immersive it is. This is an aspect some devs miss, but you nailed it!
+ Texturing and modelling is excellent, really high quality through-out
+ Runway looked good, signs,  runway + taxiway lighting etc was nice
+ Surroundings and approach is also very detailed, a lot to explore and enjoy! Spent lot of time just looking at things around the airport.
+ All the POI's really make a huge difference to Stockholm, they are also of great quality. Really enjoyed the selection of them! Only downside it puts rest of the auto-generated buildings to shame :D

+ Great value for money, I felt like I got a lot of the price! (with Visby Airport to come as well)

- ..but I could have paid more to get the interior of the terminal + tower
- Which would also have improved the terminal night lighting, the front of the terminal looks better though
- Some ground textures were not so good compared to the rest of the airport

I also spotted a auto-generated church clipping through I think it was Katarina Church on Södermalm.

Overall, I would give it 9/10 and a definitely a recommendation to buy it, I couldn't be without this addition to MSFS. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Maelmoor said:

Thank you @Marcus Nybergfor a fantastic airport and scenery! Have been looking forward to the release a lot and it did not disappoint!

+ The airport feels full of life thanks to the attention to details, I really love how immersive it is. This is an aspect some devs miss, but you nailed it!
+ Texturing and modelling is excellent, really high quality through-out
+ Runway looked good, signs,  runway + taxiway lighting etc was nice
+ Surroundings and approach is also very detailed, a lot to explore and enjoy! Spent lot of time just looking at things around the airport.
+ All the POI's really make a huge difference to Stockholm, they are also of great quality. Really enjoyed the selection of them! Only downside it puts rest of the auto-generated buildings to shame :D

+ Great value for money, I felt like I got a lot of the price! (with Visby Airport to come as well)

- ..but I could have paid more to get the interior of the terminal + tower
- Which would also have improved the terminal night lighting, the front of the terminal looks better though
- Some ground textures were not so good compared to the rest of the airport

I also spotted a auto-generated church clipping through I think it was Katarina Church on Södermalm.

Overall, I would give it 9/10 and a definitely a recommendation to buy it, I couldn't be without this addition to MSFS. Keep up the good work!

Will fix that church, forgot to remove the autogen one.

As for ground textures, depending if you talk about

1) The satellite material

We spent months on just mixing different assets together to get something that is up to date. The up-to-date material we had was really bad in quality so we mixed it in with material that was a few years older to get as crisp as possible but still as true to the current state of Bromma as possible.

2) The asphalt textures

I chose to let the original satellite material shine through quite much as there is so much variation in the real asphalt that would go to waste if having just a set of asphalt textures on top like we did for ESGG & ESMS for instance. Maybe that was a mistake? Personally I have no problems with the ground textures at the airport but if the majority want them to be more repetative in favour for getting more "crisp" textures then sure we can look at it.

3) The taxilines etc

There is a limitation in MSFS2020 on how highres ground textures are allowed to be, the same textures would show super-crisp in P3D. Why is that limitation? No idea.

As for interiors:

I'm looking into maybe adding the terminal area. No promises though and I still think this package holds so much details as it is. I will probably never ever get back this investment and should probably have moved on months ago :) 

Hope that answers the downsides you felt about the scenery.

And hope you continue to enjoy the airport!

Cheers,

Marcus

• Like 4

On 9/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, FSRobert said:

Nice to see you after all those years Robert! Hope you're doing well!

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

We spent months on just mixing different assets together to get something that is up to date. The up-to-date material we had was really bad in quality so we mixed it in with material that was a few years older to get as crisp as possible but still as true to the current state of Bromma as possible.

2) The asphalt textures

I chose to let the original satellite material shine through quite much as there is so much variation in the real asphalt that would go to waste if having just a set of asphalt textures on top like we did for ESGG & ESMS for instance. Maybe that was a mistake? Personally I have no problems with the ground textures at the airport but if the majority want them to be more repetative in favour for getting more "crisp" textures then sure we can look at it.

3) The taxilines etc

There is a limitation in MSFS2020 on how highres ground textures are allowed to be, the same textures would show super-crisp in P3D. Why is that limitation? No idea.

As for interiors:

I'm looking into maybe adding the terminal area. No promises though and I still think this package holds so much details as it is. I will probably never ever get back this investment and should probably have moved on months ago :) 

Cheers,

Marcus

Thank you for responding, that is much appreciated!

I always feel bad about bringing up negatives (in my opinion), as the package is fantastic and I really love the airport and POI (that approach is my favourite one now in MSFS), so please see it as nitpicking rather than anything major and I understand the time/cost investment factor in it. So if you would ever return to do some interior or such then I hope there is a way to contribute (donate) to such an effort. I think the package as it is for the price is really filled with high-quality content and the the choice to add POI before other stuff was clearly the right one!

As for the textures, I'm personally perfectly fine with the asphalt textures, the runway as an example looks good in my mind. What I refer to are these kind of "blurry" patches of ground textures, which might be the ones you referred to as being a limitation in MSFS (by light/taxi sign)
bromma1.png

Road outside the terminal
bromma2.png

Or this little area
bromma3.png

Thanks once again and keep up the good work!

Hey!

Thanks for the nice words!

Just to comment quickly on the shots.

Things like the one in photo number 1 can be fixed with just some overlays, as you can see on the left side of the taxiway it looks like i have another opacity on the patch than on the right side which of course can be adjusted so they look less blurry. In my humble opinion not really a big thing but can see for some areas if I can improve that for the patch :)

Number 2 is yeah that is just limitation of the imagery we got combined with the limitation on how MSFS2020 shows textures. The alternative would be to hand draw all textures and create them as 3d objects instead of terrain, think that is just a bit too much and not even sure the end result would look better. However, I have a strong feeling those things will look better in a P3D edition if that happens, just something about how it renders that bugs me in this simulator.

Number 3, a great example on how we combined different imagery assets for it to be up to date but still sharp, that patch you find there is from the newer imagery weirdly enough, that fire station is newly built so that whole area looked different just a few years ago. Can't do much about that, but when I compared to either having a very dated version or a blended version with the different resolutions then I thought this was the better alternative at least :)

Hope that explains it,

Cheers, have a nice weekend! :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey!

Things like the one in photo number 1 can be fixed with just some overlays, as you can see on the left side of the taxiway it looks like i have another opacity on the patch than on the right side which of course can be adjusted so they look less blurry. In my humble opinion not really a big thing but can see for some areas if I can improve that for the patch :)

Number 2 is yeah that is just limitation of the imagery we got combined with the limitation on how MSFS2020 shows textures. The alternative would be to hand draw all textures and create them as 3d objects instead of terrain, think that is just a bit too much and not even sure the end result would look better. However, I have a strong feeling those things will look better in a P3D edition if that happens, just something about how it renders that bugs me in this simulator.

Number 3, a great example on how we combined different imagery assets for it to be up to date but still sharp, that patch you find there is from the newer imagery weirdly enough, that fire station is newly built so that whole area looked different just a few years ago. Can't do much about that, but when I compared to either having a very dated version or a blended version with the different resolutions then I thought this was the better alternative at least :)

Hope that explains it,

Thanks, reckon the decisions taken makes sense given your explanation, so all good! Doesn't take away anything as for being a fantastic airport! Enjoy your weekend too!

3 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

2) The asphalt textures

3) The taxilines etc

As for interiors:

Cheers,

Marcus

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey!

Hope that explains it,

Marcus, thank you very much for taking the time to break all these explanations down....it gives a window view of how much work developers like you put into these amazing scenery products a lot of the time. The transparency is much appreciated. I look forward to more development from you, whether it be on updates or new projects. Again, thank you!

Cheers!

Landon

• Like 2

Marcus,

I am just blown away by the beautiful job you have done on ESSB! Not only is the ESSB airport and nearby area fabulous,  Stockholm city centre is also stunningly improved with many, many POIs, terrain improvements and so on.  Absolutely unbelievable!   Thank you for your incredible dedication and artistry! Great job!

Rod   

• Like 3

Testing ESSB was a labor of love.  Always look forward to what Marcus is working on as they all have that wow factor and amazing modeling.  Nice to hear about the ins/outs of msfs developing too as it helps us to test with more knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes.  Thanks Marcus and I hope y'all enjoy ESSB as much as I am.  :D

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:27 PM, Sniper31 said:

Marcus, thank you very much for taking the time to break all these explanations down....it gives a window view of how much work developers like you put into these amazing scenery products a lot of the time. The transparency is much appreciated. I look forward to more development from you, whether it be on updates or new projects. Again, thank you!

Cheers!

Landon

On 9/18/2021 at 11:47 PM, stiletto2 said:

Marcus,

I am just blown away by the beautiful job you have done on ESSB! Not only is the ESSB airport and nearby area fabulous,  Stockholm city centre is also stunningly improved with many, many POIs, terrain improvements and so on.  Absolutely unbelievable!   Thank you for your incredible dedication and artistry! Great job!

Rod   

On 9/19/2021 at 5:01 AM, Rob Abernathy said:

Testing ESSB was a labor of love.  Always look forward to what Marcus is working on as they all have that wow factor and amazing modeling.  Nice to hear about the ins/outs of msfs developing too as it helps us to test with more knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes.  Thanks Marcus and I hope y'all enjoy ESSB as much as I am.  :D

Thanks guys for the nice feedback! Makes me very happy to hear :)

And I try to be as transparent as possible so I'm glad that is being noticed, and also to be present and approachable if there are questions (as long as the tone is friendly of course ;) ). We are all in this together!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
20 hours ago, Dacar said:

Any news or updates for the Xbox version? Is it still planned? 

Patiently logging in once a month to see if it's there on the Xbox :)

Hey!

Sorry about this, haven't fixed that yet. Thanks for the reminder, might be something I should prioritize.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 7:37 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey!

Sorry about this, haven't fixed that yet. Thanks for the reminder, might be something I should prioritize.

Just wanted to check in again and see if there are any plans for an Xbox version of Bromma?

It got top of my head again now when seeing Oslo Gardermoen beeing released 😀

17 hours ago, Dacar said:

Just wanted to check in again and see if there are any plans for an Xbox version of Bromma?

It got top of my head again now when seeing Oslo Gardermoen beeing released 😀

Yes, I want to get all my swedish sceneries to XBOX. To be honest the main reason it hasn't happen is that I don't have an XBOX myself and can't really be sure how it will work or look on that platform. But it's time, it's not much work that should be needed. However, the release of ESSA comes first :)