ESSB Stockholm-Bromma. Official Trailer.

Hej Marcus

I don't know if you can engage yourself in this.
However I got a problem with Bromma.

I'll get CTD almost every time I approach Bromma beginning at 5-10 nm, or trying to depart, usually at lining up or shortly after t/O.
I actually got CTD every time I was closing Arlanda from the South at a distance 20-30 NM from ESSA, and then I disabled ESSB and everything begin working and so I found out Bromma was the problem.
But only in VR.
It began after I bought myself a new computer (I9-13900, RTX 4090, 32Gb mem) recently and installed everything from scratch.
Also I went from win 10 to win 11. I have the same problem with Orbx ENGM, but not with ESGG or ESMS or plenty of other airports.
I rasied a ticket but Nick said Orbx don't support VR!
So I feel pretty helpless and wonder if you can offer any clues to this.
The Bromma scenery is just fantastic, and I learned flying there so it's my homefield so to say.

Mvh
Mats Sederholm

6 hours ago, matssederholm said:

Hej Marcus

I don't know if you can engage yourself in this.
However I got a problem with Bromma.

I'll get CTD almost every time I approach Bromma beginning at 5-10 nm, or trying to depart, usually at lining up or shortly after t/O.
I actually got CTD every time I was closing Arlanda from the South at a distance 20-30 NM from ESSA, and then I disabled ESSB and everything begin working and so I found out Bromma was the problem.
But only in VR.
It began after I bought myself a new computer (I9-13900, RTX 4090, 32Gb mem) recently and installed everything from scratch.
Also I went from win 10 to win 11. I have the same problem with Orbx ENGM, but not with ESGG or ESMS or plenty of other airports.
I rasied a ticket but Nick said Orbx don't support VR!
So I feel pretty helpless and wonder if you can offer any clues to this.
The Bromma scenery is just fantastic, and I learned flying there so it's my homefield so to say.

Mvh
Mats Sederholm

Hey Mats,

First of all, congrats on the 4090! I've been looking at that since the release but wow, that price. Thought my 3090 was expensive. But still... can't take my eyes off it :)

Regarding the issues you are having I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I'm not sure what could be the issue to be honest. There are not that many similarites in the development techniques between ESSB & ENGM so that is surprising you got issues on those two airports. Would have made more sense if ESMS had issues as they share a lot when it comes to the tech. Do you run GSX or any other addon for the area that can combined with ESSB cause a conflict?

I'm making a performance update for ESSB when we are done with ESSA so if anything pops up that can help me fix it, that would be a good time. We've not heard about anyone experiencing CTD's as far as I remember, but hm....

I'll write you an email instead, maybe there is something we can look at.

Cheers,

Marcus

Just wanted to say thanks @Marcus Nyberg again for the awesome Bromma scenery! Now with the ATR available, the first flight was obvious! Bromma to Visby, especially as I did it (as a passenger) last weekend! 

Truly enjoyed it and your scenery really made the difference :)

visby.png

Edited by Maelmoor
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Maelmoor said:

Just wanted to say thanks @Marcus Nyberg again for the awesome Bromma scenery! Now with the ATR available, the first flight was obvious! Bromma to Visby, especially as I did it (as a passenger) last weekend! 

Truly enjoyed it and your scenery really made the difference :)

visby.png

Thank you so much, so nice to see :)

There is a Scandinavian VATSIM event next week for Bromma if you fly online, will hopefully be a hectic evening :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have problems with performance on the latest version of Bromma, that airport tanks fps and Vram like no other, it was not this hard to drive when it was released, I hope for an improvement, is there a possibility to uninstall Bromma but keep Visby ?

5 hours ago, IXOYE56 said:

I have problems with performance on the latest version of Bromma, that airport tanks fps and Vram like no other, it was not this hard to drive when it was released, I hope for an improvement, is there a possibility to uninstall Bromma but keep Visby ?

Sorry to hear about your experience!

I'm looking at putting some time in doing some optimizations with more LODing, removing some details landside and adding options to disable POI's for instance. Was hoping to have that done this year but might be that it slips in to next year.

For performance I think one thing you could try is to remove the animated traffic, that probably adds quite a hit in the fps. Just try removing these folders:

Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\SimObjects\GroundVehicles

Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\Modules

Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\Scenarii

To disable ESSB but keep ESSV I think you can just remove the ESSB folder

ESSB Stockholm Bromma Airport\Community\Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\scenery\Orbx

Might be good to remove the animated traffic as well as it doesn't serve any purpose without the ESSB scenery being installed in that case.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Marcus

7 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Sorry to hear about your experience!

I'm looking at putting some time in doing some optimizations with more LODing, removing some details landside and adding options to disable POI's for instance. Was hoping to have that done this year but might be that it slips in to next year.

For performance I think one thing you could try is to remove the animated traffic, that probably adds quite a hit in the fps. Just try removing these folders:

Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\SimObjects\GroundVehicles

Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\Modules

Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\Scenarii

To disable ESSB but keep ESSV I think you can just remove the ESSB folder

ESSB Stockholm Bromma Airport\Community\Orbx-airport-essb-stockholm-bromma\scenery\Orbx

Might be good to remove the animated traffic as well as it doesn't serve any purpose without the ESSB scenery being installed in that case.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Marcus

Thanks Marcus, after removing those folders I can use the airport again 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 10:15 AM, Henrik N said:

Tjäääna!

Can you take a look at this area as well, the buildings are doing a small jump when I get closer🙂

I'll have a look at that :)

12 hours ago, IXOYE56 said:

I'm looking forward to your ESKS Scandinavian Mountains Airport, I visited the airport tonight and that it needs updating is an understatement, any news on that?

Sorry, no. I made a promise to release ESKS & ESNQ as a free update to one of my other swedish airport products, which is something I regretably will need to reverse on. The flight sim market has become harder and harder to make a living from and I have had to switch focus to be able to survive in this new market reality. I haven't been able to set off time to do those ports for free. My current focus is to make a payware bundle with ESNQ, ESNU and ESNZ where maybe ESKS can be included as just a port of the existing scenery from P3D. ESNQ is recieving more visual updates like drone shot ortho and some other improvements.

I'm deeply sorry about breaking my promise, it shouldn't have been made and I will learn from this mistake. My apologizes again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

I'll have a look at that :)

Sorry, no. I made a promise to release ESKS & ESNQ as a free update to one of my other swedish airport products, which is something I regretably will need to reverse on. The flight sim market has become harder and harder to make a living from and I have had to switch focus to be able to survive in this new market reality. I haven't been able to set off time to do those ports for free. My current focus is to make a payware bundle with ESNQ, ESNU and ESNZ where maybe ESKS can be included as just a port of the existing scenery from P3D. ESNQ is recieving more visual updates like drone shot ortho and some other improvements.

I'm deeply sorry about breaking my promise, it shouldn't have been made and I will learn from this mistake. My apologizes again. 

I understand that, and I will gladly pay for those updates, especial ESKS, it would be a nice trip to fly ski turist up there from Stockholm in winter time  😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marcus,

Sorry  to hear about what has led you to review the pricing for ESKS and ESNQ. This discussion has come up before, about updates. If an update is a small patch, then free is reasonable. If there is considerable work involved, then the work should be paid for.  I look forward to a payware bundle. I know the quality and value will be there.

Neil

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 4:32 PM, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Aboslutely stunning. I am looking forward to this one and use Sweden as my next departure points

Thank you!

On 9/22/2023 at 1:31 AM, Neil said:

Hi Marcus,

Sorry  to hear about what has led you to review the pricing for ESKS and ESNQ. This discussion has come up before, about updates. If an update is a small patch, then free is reasonable. If there is considerable work involved, then the work should be paid for.  I look forward to a payware bundle. I know the quality and value will be there.

Neil

Thanks Neil for the support, appreciete it!

On 9/23/2023 at 1:10 PM, Reinier044 said:

Same for me, I will gladly buy any of the Swedish regional airports. Really looking forward to all of them!

Thank you for the support, means a lot ! :)

11 hours ago, Henrik N said:

I saw that Asobo is bringing Kiruna in the next WU😄

Yes, they are a constant treat aren't they. 

21 minutes ago, Henrik N said:

Oh yes😅At least the areal images in the north regions will be improved, that's something that is really in need

Check back in later today or perhaps tomorrow and I can show some previews of my upcoming ESNQ scenery with drone shoot aerial images for the airport :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dutchsim said:

Wow. Simply wow. Love your dedication to bringing the very detailed parts of an airport to us simmers sitting behind our desk!

Thank you, that makes me very happy to hear :)

13 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Absolutely stunning detail.  It looks so real. Great shots too!

Thank you so much Eberhard! :)