Absolute frustration

carlosqr

Gosh is so but so difficult to land in MSFS

I cannot land without bumping and bouncing all over, no matter the plane, I get out to the runway of end like this, no joy :(:'(

https://i.imgur.com/PJDbE59.jpg

I hope to get the touch

I feel the planes in MSFS fly a lot faster or not sure that if in P3D they fly too slow

Happy weekend

Cheers

Carlos

10 hours ago, Benny said:

A little help :-)

Thank you so much Benny!

I wonder what is wrong with imgur :(

8 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Carlos, you are not going to get to keep your Simulator PPL unless you can correct these types landings!! :rolleyes::D:lol:

:D

Believe I sweat when approaching  :lol:

8 hours ago, renault said:

Hi Carlos

You mean your not supposed to do it this way. This is 10/10 for me when I land!

I thought this message that I always get in XPlane was a standard feature that everyone got :)

Cheers

Pete

jaja you even managed to buried half plane!

7 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Since we are fessing up to not being great pilots, here is mine! :rolleyes:  Laminar has requested that I turn in my license! :banghead:

Well the fire worth that crash :lol:

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

I did not see any big difference ... flying slowly to land ... I do not know what to say to provide any help Carlos

... but I loved the shot of the unfortunate landing :P B)

:D thank you my friend

Landing outside the cockpit makes it tougher, I guess

Cheers

Carlos

FWIW as a former pilot over several years, there is little or no representation of ground speed in any of the sims nor is there any peripheral vision so the runways always appears too narrow and visually rushing towards you.  These sceneries have lots of flat fields suitable for landing practice - get your approach stability and touchdown technique all worked out then go try it on one of those skinny runways.

9 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

FWIW as a former pilot over several years, there is little or no representation of ground speed in any of the sims nor is there any peripheral vision so the runways always appears too narrow and visually rushing towards you.  These sceneries have lots of flat fields suitable for landing practice - get your approach stability and touchdown technique all worked out then go try it on one of those skinny runways.

Noted Olderndirt

Cheers

Carlos

17 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I have dampened down the control sensitivity of all the aircraft I fly.

+1, hi Carlos, same to me, don't know exactly what Tiger is talking about but I've decreased the sensitivity

of all axis of the flightstick extremly, to around -50%. This works in the menu. I can take off and land without problems.

Just realized that I cannot find this anymore in the options. Maybe because of the update.

Cheers

Andreas 

29 minutes ago, John Mac said:

My sensitivity settings are greyed out since last patch/update. How they managed that one beggars belief. Joystick is just usable but needs to be dampened down.

Sunnyside up!

John.

Same here :( There are people changing parameters directly in the config files, but that’s beyond my patience threshold :) So I’ll wait for the next patch to get this back. They definitely need to improve the sensitivity configuring, it’s far behind XP11. 

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Carlos

I have dampened down the control sensitivity of all the aircraft I fly.

I will try & find my notes on the tweaking tomorrow.

It is not horrendous, & I find it makes the landings easier as I am not over controlling the R/A/E

TTM

Oh that sounds interesting, thank you

7 hours ago, Benny said:

Love you Carlos my virtual friend from Costa Rica, hey, want to exchange you winter for mine, ha ha ha ha

:D thanks Benny I've heard winter up there is a serious thing

Ticos ( as we call ourselves) who had lived there couldn't make it

I don't know the snow yet, Fall is the farthest  I've gone :lol:

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Your supposed to land inside the plane Carlos, makes a big difference. 

je je yeap I'm practicing but it is difficult to see. I'm so used to fly looking at the plane outside..

It is great to see it landing and taking off

2 hours ago, Dario said:

I hope there were no victims! :) One point I found difficult in MSFS was that the yoke response is much more aggressive and difficult to configure than in XP11 and P3D. It will probably be corrected in future patches. 

Well, imagine flying with keyboard and mouse as I do :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, John Mac said:

My sensitivity settings are greyed out since last patch/update. How they managed that one beggars belief. Joystick is just usable but needs to be dampened down.

Sunnyside up!

John.

I'm curious about those sensitivity settings

Might I have skipped something while setting?

I know that everything related to "real" in terms of the plane is set off, but will check again

Cheers mates

Carlos

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Oh, that's really difficult to accomplish in MSFS, Carlos

Uh oh!!!

I assumed you were using a Joystick too.

If you have a spare USB port & can manage to get hold of a joystick, even 2nd hand, I strongly recommend you add the joystick.

We can guide you through the set up, but man, keyboard & mouse is a heroic approach somewhat doomed to failure as regards landings.

You need the subtlety of control inputs from a joystick to make the landings.

TTM

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Well, imagine flying with keyboard and mouse as I do :rolleyes:

I understand your trouble at present !!! You definitely need a Joystick IMHO !! I have still an old MS Sidewinder and it works perfectly  :) Also great to have a Logitech Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (or the new Honeycomb Yoke...) :)

Archived