Any news about Global Airport Pack for v5?

YoYo

15 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Have you tried the old version?  I doubt honestly that the compatibility has changed that much.

No, but no this addon for download in Orbx Central for v5 till now.

V5 creates a lot of problem with default airports appearing under added sceneries.

Just take a look at PNW CBB7 as an exemple.

Hope that the next HF will improve..

Default CBB7

IHpEMN8.jpg

PNW CBB7

Z8o7Y3r.jpg

rqSS5Qr.jpg

Gérard

3 hours ago, chumley said:

Nothing wrong with the last photo. All my planes look like that after I have landed.

I am sorry for you - may be you should change of hobby ;)

Gérard

For what it’s worth, I tried a little experiment to see if ANY of these global freeware airports were compatible in v5, and my results weren’t promising at all. Every one I looked at had double buildings, misplaced static objects, and didn’t look quite right. 

Ive disabled them for now, and will await any updated versions in the future. My personal thoughts are it will be an immense amount of work for Orbx to get these looking right. I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t bother to be honest.

The main issue I found with the global freeware airports is the stock airports building showing through. It looks like this is a P3DV5 issue. You can delete the stock airport buildings using ADE if you are comgortablw with that.

Greg

I looked into this deleting stock airports, unfortunately, the way P3Dv5 have done the scenery, you end up losing other stuff as well. It really is a major hassle I can’t be bothered with. Being as I’m not that bright lol

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Gérard, that doesn't look like the CBB7 in PNW at all.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your screen shot.

Seen from above, I get the same view.

oUXWx9v.jpg

But did you try starting from runway 29 ? The result is "surprising".

There are two levels. The start is under the surface you see from airborne.

EU8zyKA.jpg

just few meters above

539SgG2.jpg

And you should try to take off from runway 11, the result is in French "renversant" : stunning and sometime collapsing...

Sorry, I was not able to take a screenshot of that collapse...

Gérard

58 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I wonder if you have another addon there?

Not as I know, but...

I only have Orbx Global, OpenLC NA, PNW and Orbx airports in that area.

Searching *CBB7* I have ADE_FTX_PNW_CBB7_Tipella_CVX.bgl in PNW

After cross checking with p3dv4, I discovered that "ADE_FTX_PNW_CBB7_Tipella.BGL" was missing in my V5 !

Don't know what happened - Thanks for bringing my attention on that point.

Problem solved - I will do a verify files in case of other missing files (I pretty sure that I am the culprit :()

Gérard

12 hours ago, gregmorin said:

The main issue I found with the global freeware airports is the stock airports building showing through. It looks like this is a P3DV5 issue. You can delete the stock airport buildings using ADE if you are comgortablw with that.

Greg

Its not issue but intended action. LM added a lot of new buildings, even on old airports, it needs new kind exclusions and blocking.

Pity that many old sceneries needs to be updated for this. Its a lot of work again. I did it for few airports more important for me (freeware addons also) manually. Maybe Orbx for Freeware Airports set will do it automatically to save many time (if the process like this exists).

Here how to do this with ADE: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/119543-How-to-remove-new-airports-buildings-in-P3Dv5

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

Its not issue but intended action. LM added a lot of new buildings, even on old airports, it needs new kind exclusions and blocking.

Pity that many old sceneries needs to be updated for this. Its a lot of work again. I did it for few airports more important for me (freeware addons also) manually. Maybe Orbx for Freeware Airports set will do it automatically to save many time (if the process like this exists).

Here how to do this with ADE: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/119543-How-to-remove-new-airports-buildings-in-P3Dv5

Interesting YoYo. Thank for the clarification.

Greg

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

At this point, the pack will not be made available for P3Dv5.

That is most unfortunate.  There are many outstanding airports in that package, several of near payware quality.  I'll be flying P3Dv4.5 for the foreseeable future, despite any "improvements" in v5.  Too bad.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:16 PM, Stewart Hobson said:

That is most unfortunate.  There are many outstanding airports in that package, several of near payware quality.  I'll be flying P3Dv4.5 for the foreseeable future, despite any "improvements" in v5.  Too bad.

+1, especially as not all of the payware airports are compatible yet, either :(

On 6/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, Malcolm Street said:

What a pity - any reason why?  Just the work involved?

Are there plans for any of the airports to appear as individual freeware for V5?

Would love to see the Hawaiian globalftx  airports such as Waimea made available. That is a very useful airport indeed.

6 hours ago, kaha said:

If the freeware pack was released as payware for V5 I would buy it.

I would too. I've mentioned this before, Orbx should make Enhanced airfields and POI packs for Open LC regions to get more life there.

7 hours ago, kaha said:

If the freeware pack was released as payware for V5 I would buy it.

Karl

Yeah, I'd so very much pay as well. The stock airports are often awful, and we are all spoiled, aren't we, with good renditions. The freeware airports often had a nice flavor and personality to them. So, "light payware package", is something I absolutely "can haz". Or free. Don't mind that either. :-) 

The freeware airports was Neil Hill project with the help of a few others. I request my local airport KSGR and it was in his next release. Yep I miss Neil.

Quote from Holger Sandmann

As you may or may not know Neil was our ultimate "airport enhancement machine", tirelessly working on transforming the lifeless and often incorrect default airports into much more realistic renditions. We don't have a full tally of his work for Orbx but we're talking many thousands of airports for the FTX Regions alone. And when he wasn't working on the payware commitments he completed yet more content for the ever-growing FTX Global Airport freeware package.

In short, if you're visiting many of our FTX Region or freeware airports you're looking at Neil's work. 

• 1 month later...

We will be making this pack available for P3Dv5 as is and without updates to the existing pack. One of our thoughts is invite the community that are familiar with ADE to update any issues that are seen in P3Dv5. 

One the original contributors, lifejogger (John Barner), is adding some African airports to this pack so we hope to have a smallish update soon.

11 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

We will be making this pack available for P3Dv5 as is and without updates to the existing pack. One of our thoughts is invite the community that are familiar with ADE to update any issues that are seen in P3Dv5. 

One the original contributors, lifejogger (John Barner), is adding some African airports to this pack so we hope to have a smallish update soon.

Good idea Ed! I have updated the Maine ans Alaska airports for V5 for my own use. I would upload them if there was a place to do so.

Greg

13 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

I have created 4 airports for Africa using ADE and Instant scenery.  These airports were created in FSX and then copied to P3D v4 because Instant Scenery does not work in P3d V4.  I do not know if they will work in P3d V5 (I only have V4).

Zell am See (LOWZ), part of the P3D V4 freeware airport pack is now sold for MSFS. I live in the area and got it. Very nice..

So this leads me to a question, two questions actually:

Would LOWZ also be available for P3D V5? If yes, I would also buy it.

If I own content for MSFS, would the same content for P3D be discounted, as is the case vice versa? 

Thx,

Karl

@kaha 

Halla Karl, habe erst jetzt am PC gesehen, dass du ja auch aus Innsbruck bist, das wurde vorhin auf meinem Handy nich angezeigt. Kann mich jetzt auch wieder erinnern, dass wir schon mal "korrespondiert2 haben. Es ging damals, glaube ich, um die Anflugsbefeuerung in Jarrads LOWI Version für XP, richtig?

Auf alle Fälle aber, LG nicht nach Zell, sondern nach Innsbruck! :D

3 minutes ago, wolfko said:

@kaha 

Halla Karl, habe erst jetzt am PC gesehen, dass du ja auch aus Innsbruck bist, das wurde vorhin auf meinem Handy nich angezeigt. Kann mich jetzt auch wieder erinnern, dass wir schon mal "korrespondiert2 haben. Es ging damals, glaube ich, um die Anflugsbefeuerung in Jarrads LOWI Version für XP, richtig?

Auf alle Fälle aber, LG nicht nach Zell, sondern nach Innsbruck! :D

Ja. danke!

On 8/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, Ed Correia said:

Orbx Direct does not show this pack available for v5.  How do I download it for v5 if you are making it available as is?  Tried a the maual download button for v4 but that link does not  work.

Rod

Archived