Attention any and all Orbx staff...about P3D v5.0

Orbx Flyer

I intend to purchase this version, come next Tuesday. My question is, without directly knowing who to direct this to...so hence the title of the post...is this...As soon as I install P3D v5.0, and then fire up Central 4...will your program SEE my v5.0 installation, and then allow me to start adding in my purchases?  I am so hoping that will be the case.  If not...and for the reason, you will mention to me,  can I ask, what are your intentions then, to make our v4.5 usable purchases also to be v5.0 obtainable and ready for installation. Thanks in advance.  Happy Easter to all!

I was also wondering the same thing. Has the Orbx team already coordinated with Lockheed Martin on this release?

I've purchased almost every add-on for P3D v4, and wondering if I'll have to repurchase all of the add-ons again for v5.

18 minutes ago, Jack the Swede in Spain said:

What is your problem guys? Why can´t  you just wait for 48 hrs to get your answers? 

Jack

Sure, we can wait. I don't care if we pay or not, but other third parties are already responding to P3Dv5.

Nothing wrong with asking developers, especially if you're considering buying more add-ons this weekend and wondering if it's worth waiting or not.

I certainly hope Orbx has not abandoned the P3D platform...in favor of MSFS2020.  Of course if so, i won't be too happy to find out, my latest most 'er..'  updated version to be an Orbx Orphan Child...and they do seem to be ignoring the question to date,...troubling...and no..I don't feel I have to ah...'find out for myself, come Tuesday.... ' as is suggested. That is not a satisfactory resolution to my thread question. ...

20 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I certainly hope Orbx has not abandoned the P3D platform...in favor of MSFS2020.  Of course if so, i won't be too happy to find out, my latest most 'er..'  updated version to be an Orbx Orphan Child...and they do seem to be ignoring the question to date,...troubling...and no..I don't feel I have to ah...'find out for myself, come Tuesday.... ' as is suggested. That is not a satisfactory resolution to my thread question. ...

Orbx has stated many times in the recent past that they have not abandoned P3D....in fact they have recently released several P3D scenery products. If it's not the P3D crowd complaining that Orbx isn't releasing enough products for P3D, then it's the X-Plane crowd complaining Orbx isn't releasing enough X-Plane products. It sure does get tiring listening to all those complaints over and over. In my view, the Orbx staff have immense patience to have to listen to the same complaints and questions, over and over and over....<sigh>

23 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I certainly hope Orbx has not abandoned the P3D platform

That is something that won't happen

They have stated that before when someone made a similar comment about X plane

Why should the abandon P3D platform?

Orbx flyer

Do not panic

Orbx has always managed to meet any P3D update, it won't be different this time, we started on version 1 and since then they always catch up. I'm sure Central will work as usual and products will be compatible and in the worst of the cases if any isn't you can count on them that they will make it compatible. Besides they might be already aware of everything involved..

Cheers

Carlos

I doubt they will stop making products for P3D. The question will be if their products currently support it, or if they need to release a newer product.

With the release of MS2020 expected for this year, and a new P3D release, there is a lot of opportunity for Orbx in releasing more products.

No need to worry. Orbx is well on track with this, and from the discussion it seems that most if not all products will work with little or no modification. I would hold back with updating until we know the status of also our favorites planes, weather, GPS, etc, but it is in the interest of all that things will work in P3D v5.

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Orbx has stated many times in the recent past that they have not abandoned P3D....in fact they have recently released several P3D scenery products. If it's not the P3D crowd complaining that Orbx isn't releasing enough products for P3D, then it's the X-Plane crowd complaining Orbx isn't releasing enough X-Plane products. It sure does get tiring listening to all those complaints over and over. In my view, the Orbx staff have immense patience to have to listen to the same complaints and questions, over and over and over....<sigh>

I'm not asking about new releases..but if after my install, with their program Central 4 , will it recognize on next Tuesday's RTM v5.0 and link my Orbx cloud library with it, for interaction and product download/injection. That's what I am simply asking a yes or no, for.  Yes, it will...or no, it won't....  What am I complaining about?!?!?  Answer;  nothing...

6 minutes ago, BrianV said:

No need to worry. Orbx is well on track with this, and from the discussion it seems that most if not all products will work with little or no modification. I would hold back with updating until we know the status of also our favorites planes, weather, GPS, etc, but it is in the interest of all that things will work in P3D v5.

Thank you for your response, and hope so.  Thanks...

No matter what happens, I just purchased the remaining trueearth add-ons for P3D today (all three Great Britain add-ons), so will enjoy flying throughout Europe.

I have all the North American add-ons, so will be nice to enjoy flying in Europe for a change.

Looking forward to hearing updates from Orbx and P3D in the coming weeks

You don't have to upgrade , that's a choice ,

I made a post and thought about the answer after about an hour .

Orbx supports fsx still and has supported the sim community since vos1 days ., so it was silly on my part to doubt them .

AND if they made a default airport of cause they must have checked if other stuff worked , it hasn't just been in dev for the last week..... we just heard about it.

I need to get 10 ish products between xplane and p3d , my Orbx hording will be complete ......

UNTIL they release the next GEM .....:D:D

Hi Guys I am amazed by this thread and some of the comments, I'd just like to remind people that there is something bigger than flightsimming going on at the moment in the world which I'm sure we're all aware of.

Lets all take a breath and wait for P3d to be released and then see what our super software maker Orbx says in a few more days, lets not forget a lot of people are and have been affected by this virus in the world so it makes no sense to badger these guys when lives are at stake, yes I have all there products and will continue to support them like a lot of others but I refuse to be drawn into pestering them at this time and will await their response in due course.

Rant over and stay Safe ;)

Hello,

there are many other places to discuss the virus and a topic on an upcoming flight simulator

version release seems not to be an appropriate one.

Indeed, it could be seen as a welcome relief from the subject that I am perfectly sure we are

all aware of and we are not in need of an intrusive reminder of the glaringly obvious.

Discussing other things than the virus and it effects is not ruled out.

Maybe the OP hasn't noticed, but a statement has already been made. For years Orbx has always offered updates to the new sim. What makes users think that they would abandon new versions? Orbx needs to support new platforms for their survival.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are many other places to discuss the virus and a topic on an upcoming flight simulator

version release seems not to be an appropriate one.

Indeed, it could be seen as a welcome relief from the subject that I am perfectly sure we are

all aware of and we are not in need of an intrusive reminder of the glaringly obvious.

Discussing other things than the virus and it effects is not ruled out.

Thank you, Nick!  I was lost for the wording of my response.  There is always one "out there" response on every thread.   I would just like to know WHY?

Looking for for another decade of Orbx and P3D.

3 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Maybe the OP hasn't noticed, but a statement has already been made. For years Orbx has always offered updates to the new sim. What makes users think that they would abandon new versions? Orbx needs to support new platforms for their survival.

I saw down my thread, an encouraging 'semi-official' (smile) 'look at what we have done in the past...and will be soon announced'  Ok..I feel better about that, and will take that as my answer. Cheers,

O.F.

According to the LM's press release, Prepar3d5 will include

"- Updated Randolph AFB (KRND) developed by Orbx."

It's very unlikely Orbx to develop a new airport for a platform they're about to abandon, isn't it?

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Guys,

Whilst the announcement on Prepar3d v5 was a (Nice)suprise for us all, the end user, I am sure the likes of Orbx and other major developers have known and been involved for some time now...

I now have a quandarary though...Do I upgrade (Buy bigger) SSD and possibly a graphics card (I have a 1070 at mo) and get Prepar3d v5 or wait and go all out on a new machine for the new "You know who" flight sim....Decisions, decisions...

Dave

On the lighter side.........

Ticker7 said, "Lets all take a breath and wait for P3d to be released."

I think that is how everyone is getting infected with COVID-19!   Taking a breath............

Archived