EGJA Alderney Airport for FSX/P3D

We've kept this one a little quiet for a while, but I'm pleased to say that Alderney is almost done and will be in beta soon.

Here are a few screenshots of the beautiful coastline, from Greg Jones' PC.

4-fe44739ecaf433139f90d706012e58d8.jpg

4-59bb7343ece25a8418b4d30d86df0e58.jpg

4-2eeb47e592203c4d2555e5581a87c076.jpg

FSX/P3D version will be released first, with XP11 version to follow soon after.

Some good visuals, does this include seasons like the original ES scenery?

There are some slight issues with beaches climbing the cliffs in the second shot though...

Are the soundscapes and living world elements from the ES version retained or updated as well please?

Yes Alderney include seasons and the original ES sound pack.

The beaches climbing cliffs is not avoidable since we are using perhaps the highest resolution mesh available in FSX/P3D, and the data is obviously misaligned to the real world. We could try some sloped flattens to rectify those if it’s not a huge amount of work.

7 hours ago, John Venema said:

The beaches climbing cliffs is not avoidable since we are using perhaps the highest resolution mesh available in FSX/P3D, and the data is obviously misaligned to the real world. We could try some sloped flattens to rectify those if it’s not a huge amount of work.

Thanks John, yep the beaches aren't a big problem at all to fix I think.  It would be nice to see some local enhanced boat traffic around Alderney please as well if that's possible?  Some small local fishing boats pottering around would be nice?

Happy to test any of this if it would be of value? cheers K

On 8/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, John Venema said:

So this will work with FTX UK regions fully ?

Because I've just noticed that EGLC does not.

Glad I didn't purchase the latter as I would have been peeved, if it was summer all the time in my FTX scenery.

And what about the planned regional UK airports... will these be designed to work with FTX and TrueEarth.

It would be nice to have this clearly advertised without having to scour the fine print or forums. It's all getting rather confusing of late.

Thank you.

Probably because you're asking them in non-support topics which are not monitored by the support team.

Of course Alderney will work with Global, FTX England and TE GB South, why would it not. EGLC should also work with all three. If you are having issues making EGLC work with FTX England then please post in the appropriate support forums, not preview threads. If you have done so, wait until you get support instead of posting here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived