Mount Hood photoreal

Adam Banks

It may be a huge download, but there's just so much to enjoy per square mile! Here's some photoreal to feast on - around Mount Hood. Apologies for the UK aircraft - it was just handy, as it was low and slow and also had an autopilot!

DR401-Mt-Hood-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

DR401-Mt-Hood-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

DR401-Mt-Hood-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

DR401-Mt-Hood-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

DR401-Mt-Hood-07-1350.jpg?dl=1

DR401-Mt-Hood-08-1350.jpg?dl=1

DR401-Mt-Hood-09-1350.jpg?dl=1

That's all folks!

Adam.

14 hours ago, Breeze said:

Jaw dropping Adam!  Looks fantastic!  Share the add-ons if your so inclined.  

I think I spend more time tweaking than flying these days, so I've probably tried every add-on or shader tweak known to man - at least most of the freeware ones, that is. My current mix of add-ons hasn't changed much for the last few months and comprises:

1) xVision - by Yuri Tryfonov (the original PTA for P3D guy). Payware but not expensive. Great for long-term shader and palette fixes.

2) FlyAGI - a great LUA script with really useful mix of functions. Great for making the odd "on the fly" atmospheric or shading tweak. I tried VMI Twick VR, but prefer FlyAGI.

3) FlyWithLUA - a handler for so many of the great LUA scripts out there. Payware but not expensive.

4) xCamera - an XP11 equivalent to the excellent Chaseplane (for P3D). Payware, but well worth it if you're a screenshot junkie like myself.

I don't think it's appropriate for me to share links here, but none of the above will be hard to find.

I do have ActiveSky for XP, but rarely use it as I find the in-built weather themes (with the odd AGI tweak) just about adequate. Occasionally, though, it's nice to be surprised by a "real" weather combination of effects.

Adam.

7 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I think I spend more time tweaking than flying these days, so I've probably tried every add-on or shader tweak known to man - at least most of the freeware ones, that is. My current mix of add-ons hasn't changed much for the last few months and comprises:

1) xVision - by Yuri Tryfonov (the original PTA for P3D guy). Payware but not expensive. Great for long-term shader and palette fixes.

2) FlyAGI - a great LUA script with really useful mix of functions. Great for making the odd "on the fly" atmospheric or shading tweak. I tried VMI Twick VR, but prefer FlyAGI.

3) FlyWithLUA - a handler for so many of the great LUA scripts out there. Payware but not expensive.

4) xCamera - an XP11 equivalent to the excellent Chaseplane (for P3D). Payware, but well worth it if you're a screenshot junkie like myself.

I don't think it's appropriate for me to share links here, but none of the above will be hard to find.

I do have ActiveSky for XP, but rarely use it as I find the in-built weather themes (with the odd AGI tweak) just about adequate. Occasionally, though, it's nice to be surprised by a "real" weather combination of effects.

Adam.

Haha!  Got all those Adam but don't get the results you get.  I'm learning it's not the tool but the guy using it.  I guess I need to try harder.  Excellent job you do!  Thanks!!!

12 hours ago, Breeze said:

Haha!  Got all those Adam but don't get the results you get.  I'm learning it's not the tool but the guy using it.  I guess I need to try harder.  Excellent job you do!  Thanks!!!

Choosing the right time of day helps a lot, as it affects overall colouring as well as shadowing. I often set up all the angles then just move the time slider around to see what happens to the shadows (this is easier in P3D as it's dynamic). I also have an XP key mapped to regenerate the weather, so each time I press that it throws a new set of clouds. I keep spamming that button until I see a combination I like.

35 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Choosing the right time of day helps a lot, as it affects overall colouring as well as shadowing. I often set up all the angles then just move the time slider around to see what happens to the shadows (this is easier in P3D as it's dynamic). I also have an XP key mapped to regenerate the weather, so each time I press that it throws a new set of clouds. I keep spamming that button until I see a combination I like.

That's where I get frustrated.  Just when I think I have it the sun angle changes or the weather changes and then it doesn't look so good.  So you are manipulating those two variables for your screenshots.  Thanks for that clue.  I just fly and try to capture something on the way.  I'm indebted to you for sharing some light on this.  :)

Archived