Cairo

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Captain Lars said:

Thanks for showing an unusual destination, Jack. It always surprises me how small the Sphinx appears besides the pyramids, and how near the city has grown. They never show the pyramids in front of the skyline of Cairo...

Thanks Lars, this area has always been number one on my bucket list but I don't think I'll ever get to see it sadly.

Wonderful views of this great feature Jack.

Very well done it is too.

If you cant get to Cairo they have one in Vegas.:huh:

Probably a little safer to visit there and it is in better condition too.;)

Why travel all that way to see one that is falling down!:lol:

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful views of this great feature Jack.

Very well done it is too.

Why travel all that way to see one that is falling down!:lol:

Thanks Martyn!  I’d rather see the real one, besides,  Vegas won’t steal my money :) 

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Not sure what you mean by global land class.  It's Orbx Global which changes the entire planet from default scenery.

Yes ok, this is Global Base and Textures and Vector but the whole thing is complete if you have the Global LC as well.

And so far this is available for Europe and America. This is why I asked, because Egypt may be part of Africa. 

Just now, andiflyit said:

Yes ok, this is Global Base and Textures and Vector but the whole thing is complete if you have the Global LC as well.

And so far this is available for Europe and America. This is why I asked, because Egypt may be part of Africa. 

Orbx doesn't make an Africa yet Andreas, so all this is really is FTX Global and Vector, well trees too.  I think there's a miscommunication here, to me FTX Global is what you call Global LC.  Kind of confused now :huh:

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Orbx doesn't make an Africa yet Andreas, so all this is really is FTX Global and Vector, well trees too.  I think there's a miscommunication here, to me FTX Global is what you call Global LC.  Kind of confused now :huh:

Sorry Jack, no problem. FTX Global is made of several products:

1. Global Base Textures which improve all textures in /scenery/world and it works for the whole planet.

2. Global Vector which creates streets, beaches, shorelines and so and works for the whole planet.

3. Global Trees, fantastic trees, works for the whole planet.

4. Global openLC Europe, NorthAmerica, Southamerica, creates landclass scenery for the given continent.

This creates textures and autogen for fields, forests, cities and villages and so. If this is missing the whole thing is not complete.  

And as far as I know the next continent for Global openLC will be Africa to be released this year.

Cheers

Andreas

Jack, really nice flight that shows the busy bustle of the city while also showing the location and setting of the pyramid complex. I join those above who had no idea the whole was so compact. By the way, our grandson and new wife visited Cairo and the Pyramids last summer on their honeymoon, They felt perfectly safe and enjoyed their time there immensely. Thanks for this set. Very nice!

Wonderful stuff Jack. I have to admit I had no idea where you were flying too.

And then they just popped  up and you were there.

As with everyone else I had no idea what scale they were.

Mind you if we had to still build everything by hand we wouldn't have made it overly large either :)

Cheers and thanks for such a delightful set of screenshots

See ya!

R

Great spotting of the old FSX scenery detail, Jack... now imagine what we´ll have to expect with openLC Africa!

23 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I fear that is true. Since 20 years, and not getting better.

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, really nice flight that shows the busy bustle of the city while also showing the location and setting of the pyramid complex. I join those above who had no idea the whole was so compact. By the way, our grandson and new wife visited Cairo and the Pyramids last summer on their honeymoon, They felt perfectly safe and enjoyed their time there immensely. Thanks for this set. Very nice!

Thanks Rodger!  Maybe someday I'll have the time and money to go.

42 minutes ago, renault said:

Wonderful stuff Jack. I have to admit I had no idea where you were flying too.

And then they just popped  up and you were there.

As with everyone else I had no idea what scale they were.

Mind you if we had to still build everything by hand we wouldn't have made it overly large either :)

Cheers and thanks for such a delightful set of screenshots

See ya!

R

Thanks R!  They're huge even in the sim.  Amazing how they were built, been watching some YT's on them, really strange thing the main one is.

Hm.  This reminds me of when I was a young man.  That's the Egypt I know.  It actually looks nice here.  It hasn't got the dust, the heat and cold,  the squalor, or the beggars or the poor people.

When I travelled through Suez we stopped at Port Said.  It was terrible.  Never had any yen to go there again.  A friend of mine had to go to Cairo quite regularly on business and he found as I did, you can't actually do business there unless you are prepared to bribe the people you're dealing with.

It may have changed from those times  but I doubt it.

Sorry to put a downer on it.

The pyramids, by the way, were were built using slave labour from Africa and designed by the very clever architects they had in those days using the law of opposing forces to stop the blocks falling down.

You all probably knew all this anyway so I'm just wasting everybody's time!:rolleyes:

Archived