New PTA settings, opinions?

Jack Sawyer

Mark Abdey gave me the inspiration to modify may PTA settings.  

So I modified the clouds to make the shadows darker and the ground a tad lighter in sunshine.

This was in Brazil today, real weather with ASN, it was SWNV, Aerodromo Nacional Aviacao to SBAN, Anapolis Air Base.

I forgot how good the detail is in South America!

hCwTJMm.jpg

ekOuKqg.jpg

GBvA2Ll.jpg

Very dense cities and frames rock solid at 30 FPS, locked.

qxThVqn.jpg

mN1GxbQ.jpg

I love the juxtaposition of the sunlight with the cloud shadows in this one.

yvDgSdj.jpg

p3zXGhn.jpg

aVUsUTU.jpg

K4TwPq7.jpg

This one is beautiful, methinks anyway.

7ZSgMkt.jpg

Everything now seems so much lost and green.  Thanks @Mark Abdey!

SA8if85.jpg

VO2iCC3.jpg

yqQtoQj.jpg

yN6MvD4.jpg

This looks very, very nice Jack. I really like where you are going with your cloud shadows -- they are just so real!!!

I realize that this is personal aesthetics , but do you have the ability to increase contrast just a bit. If you can, then bringing it up a little  would add some "pop" and depth to your shots.

You might need to back off a bit on the cloud shadows a bit if you find a setting that is pleasing.

But of course you realize my friend that you really let yourself out in open on this one. Every one has an opinion on this and the one constant is that it is just our individual opinion  and nothing more:rolleyes: .

Cheers

R

1 hour ago, renault said:

This looks very, very nice Jack. I really like where you are going with your cloud shadows -- they are just so real!!!

I realize that this is personal aesthetics , but do you have the ability to increase contrast just a bit. If you can, then bringing it up a little  would add some "pop" and depth to your shots.

You might need to back off a bit on the cloud shadows a bit if you find a setting that is pleasing.

But of course you realize my friend that you really let yourself out in open on this one. Every one has an opinion on this and the one constant is that it is just our individual opinion  and nothing more:rolleyes: .

Cheers

R

Thanks R!  I wouldn't even know how to adjust the contrast.  All I did was load Mark's ini file and look at, write down some settings and set mine to them.  Then I tested and found the ground was too bright so I lowered it.  You're right, it's all personal taste, on my screen the look great.

7 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

First of all, your pics do look good. Personal suggestion: try terrain saturation + 0.1, terrain diffuse lighting - 0.1. It's really down to personal taste I think.

Thanks Lars, I'll give it a shot, just made some flights and shut down the PC though.

nice set of shots Jack, the thing is we all see things differently and all have different set ups and monitors.....I have only installed set by Matt Davies as I really don't understand what it all changes so good on you for having a go and experimenting...

It looks good Jack.  One suggestion: turn on 'Vegetation Receive' in P3D's options/lighting/shadows. At the moment your trees glow when in the shade of cloud and terrain shadows.  Other than that, it looks bright, fresh and clean, just keep playing around. I don't have one fixed PTA profile as I like different looks at different times, locations and moods.

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice set of shots Jack, the thing is we all see things differently and all have different set ups and monitors.....I have only installed set by Matt Davies as I really don't understand what it all changes so good on you for having a go and experimenting...

Thanks Wayne, I have his preset as a base but modified first with some of Adam Banks' settings and now added to that Mark Abdey's.  It's over my head too so I take screenshots of my settings before I mess with things and save them under different names too.

4 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

It looks good Jack.  One suggestion: turn on 'Vegetation Receive' in P3D's options/lighting/shadows. At the moment your trees glow when in the shade of cloud and terrain shadows.  Other than that, it looks bright, fresh and clean, just keep playing around. I don't have one fixed PTA profile as I like different looks at different times, locations and moods.

Thanks Mark!  I will do exactly that as soon as I get back to running P3D.

Jack, the shots under the clouds and the shots with mixed cloud and sun worked really well for me. The bright sunlight was a bit too bright, but then I have to wear dark sunglasses to compensate for glaucoma and macular degeneration, so I think that my two cents worth may actually be worth only a penny.

11 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, the shots under the clouds and the shots with mixed cloud and sun worked really well for me. The bright sunlight was a bit too bright, but then I have to wear dark sunglasses to compensate for glaucoma and macular degeneration, so I think that my two cents worth may actually be worth only a penny.

Thanks Rodger, I changed it the other day to lessen the brightness. I too have glaucoma but they drilled laser holes in my eyes five years ago and pressure normal so far.  Sorry to hear you have this!

Archived