I miss Idaho

Jack Sawyer

Yesterday evening I saw two hot air balloons in our neighborhood, which you seldom see so close to EHAM (Schiphol).

I immediately thought of your Idaho ballooning adventures...

Looking at your pictures there is plenty of room for hot air ballooning overthere !

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Wonderful shots Jack , yes Idaho is a special place right now ; we are chocked in smoke and are being told to limit our activity outside . :):rolleyes::angry::'(

Cheers

John

Thanks John.  I remember Boise's inversion, they were bad.  I remember coming in to land on a 737 and the skies were clear at 5000 feet, then we saw the inversion, yuck!

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Wow, what a beautiful journey. Mesmerizing shots, Jack. Shot #2 looks 99% like a photo.

Oddly I noticed a yellow aircraft in shot #7, but you still continued in the red one. O tempora, o mores! :P;)

Thanks Lars!  I had to change because some people don't like my yellow.  Besides, I don't have a yellow Cherokee or else I'd have ben flying it :)

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Yesterday evening I saw two hot air balloons in our neighborhood, which you seldom see so close to EHAM (Schiphol).

I immediately thought of your Idaho ballooning adventures...

Looking at your pictures there is plenty of room for hot air ballooning overthere !

Thanks Fred, yeah, Idaho is epic for hot air ballooning, Atlanta, forget it.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars!  I had to change because some people don't like my yellow.  Besides, I don't have a yellow Cherokee or else I'd have ben flying it :)

If they don't like it then it is too bad Jack, it's your flight you do what yo want to do.:angry:

You might not have a yellow Cherokee:unsure: but don't you have a yellow and black Comanche!:D

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious images around the airport and then some great flat scenery.

I enjoy flying in this area and clearly remember flying through here on my Snake River flight a couple of years ago.;)

Thanks Martyn, it's very dusty and dry in the summer, hot but seldom humid.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

If they don't like it then it is too bad Jack, it's your flight you do what yo want to do.:angry:

You might not have a yellow Cherokee:unsure: but don't you have a yellow and black Comanche!:D

Thanks for your most welcome vote of confidence Martyn, this means a lot!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight and shots Jack. You show off the scenery really well :)

Thanks Paul, this was a nice flight as I hand flew it, no A/P this time.  I did a lot of low and slow and really had a good look around, it's well worth it and all very nice.

Archived