KLZU Lawrenceville Georgia

Jack Sawyer

I did something this week I've wanted to since I was a little kid.  I got to actually fly a helicopter.  I got to take off, land, hover, and fly it.  Words can't describe.

Here's a mix of Orbx and real.

YShZ38V.jpg

2VODfIz.jpg

0Lrt190.jpg

pOPdnKj.jpg

mpso2eJ.jpg

2ugEXsi.jpg

L7PtpSX.jpg

8E44U5w.jpg

sf937Xk.jpg

eEc8V3A.jpg

WjjzdYK.jpg

Just now, Buffy Foster said:

Wow that looked real fun!  But which is which??  :)

Thanks Buffy, when we got up to 1500 feet I was marveling at how Orbx like things were.  Especially the cloud shadows.  I have a lot more photos but can't post them all here.  It was awesome though.

7 hours ago, Bluebear said:

What agreat post here !!
Looks like you had a lot of fun. :)
Jack in Eggbeater's Heaven ;)

Did you tried to fly inverted ? :D

Cheers

Bluebear

Thanks Karl!  I asked if we could do it but he said no way...because it wasn’t yellow!  :D

6 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Whoa now, that is one happy camper, just check out those grins in the pics, two thumbs up to ya Jack!  Looks like that was one fun day for you!  Great photo’s to boot! :D:):lol:

Thanks Roger, it was the happiest day in about literally ten years.  I’m still pumped about it!

8 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow, wow and wow Jack. Good for you my friend. Great shots and what an amazing experience. However I didn't see the shot of you flying under a bridge with that real "upside down ceiling fan":rolleyes:. Well done. Cheers k:D

Thanks Karl!  I would have loved to but there weren't any bridges around :wacko:

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, it would be cool if Orbx did this airport, I could get all the real shots they'd ever need.

Perhaps it could be added to the NA freeware airports?

Might be worth asking, especially as you could provide lots of photos?

Jack, as one with 3000+ hours in 'whirleybirds', I can tell you it never gets dull or routine.  I really miss that feeling you first get when you lift off - pure joy!

And also the satisfying feeling when you firmly plant the wheels/skids on the ground.

2 minutes ago, JMBIII said:

Jack, as one with 3000+ hours in 'whirleybirds', I can tell you it never gets dull or routine.  I really miss that feeling you first get when you lift off - pure joy!

And also the satisfying feeling when you firmly plant the wheels/skids on the ground.

Thanks Joe, and now I know because I did exactly  that.  What a feeling, I’m hoping to do it again but don’t know when.

That’s quite a lot of hours, good on ya!!!

20 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Flew for forty odd years and never even stepped in a helicopter - I feel a little cheated :).  P.S. you look just like your avatar.

You can still do it OND!  I'd love to see photos of a discovery flight.  And my wife also says I look like Fred.  That's an improvement for me because when I look in the mirror, yikes! :wacko:

Archived