Turbulent Designs

Just saw Mr. JV's announcement after seeing part of it at FSElite.  Wow!  So without giving too much information away may I ask if we'll see their Terra stuff?  And their airports re-branded as Orbx?  If I read it right I think it's a yes on the airports which means more cool stuff to buy soon!

I love this, you guys are making me very happy!

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Just saw Mr. JV's announcement after seeing part of it at FSElite.  Wow!  So without giving too much information away may I ask if we'll see their Terra stuff?  And their airports re-branded as Orbx?  If I read it right I think it's a yes on the airports which means more cool stuff to buy soon!

I love this, you guys are making me very happy!

I have been interested in Turbulent Designs airports before, many times. But, I have always held back because I knew that they would not have PeopleFlow so I would probably not be happy. Well, after JV's announcement, that won't be an issue anymore :) 

I am excited about this as well.  I have often thought that ORBX has done such a great job establishing a great standard of quality and building a robust download/update system that they should try to do more of this partnering like what has happened with iBlueYonder and now Turbulent Designs.  Quite a few other developers already take steps to mesh their products in with ORBX regions as it is already.   I have looked at iBlueYonder and Turbulent in the past to purchase independently but I shied away from it purely from the stand point that I didn't want to deal with multiple installers and worry about scenery library order, etc.  As soon as iBlueYonder teamed up I purchased their products and will likely do the same with the Turbulent Design products, especially if they coincide with the areas in which I have ORBX regions or LC areas

2 minutes ago, BrettT said:

I have looked at iBlueYonder and Turbulent in the past to purchase independently but I shied away from it purely from the stand point that I didn't want to deal with multiple installers and worry about scenery library order, etc

That is a good point and I should also state that was another reason that kept me away....just been so spoiled by Orbx...the quality, the purchasing/download easiness of FTX Central, the friendly forums. I also did like you and immediately purchased the IBlueYonder  scenery as soon as they partnered with Orbx and were available in FTX Central...I will surely do the same when that happens with Turbulent....Happy Times :) 

14 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

That is a good point and I should also state that was another reason that kept me away....just been so spoiled by Orbx...the quality, the purchasing/download easiness of FTX Central, the friendly forums. I also did like you and immediately purchased the IBlueYonder  scenery as soon as they partnered with Orbx and were available in FTX Central...I will surely do the same when that happens with Turbulent....Happy Times :) 

I agree Landon, having FTX Central has made me spoiled.  It's the easiest and most intuitive system I have ever seen.

8 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

You are going to love BIG BEAR.   Its a good move on there part. Plus now we get people flow.

Big Bear is one of the main reasons I kept looking at Turbulent...as a kid growing up in SoCal, we used to head up to Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead many times a year for camping, fishing and hiking....beautiful area, and for those reasons, very nostalgic for me. I am sure that will be the first Turbulent airport I grab :) 

Thanks for the heads up, Jack. Without your OP I would have missed JV's announcement. It is actually not very prominent on the forum's front page and doesn't show up in the announcement forum at all.

17 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Big Bear is one of the main reasons I kept looking at Turbulent...as a kid growing up in SoCal, we used to head up to Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead many times a year for camping, fishing and hiking....beautiful area, and for those reasons, very nostalgic for me. I am sure that will be the first Turbulent airport I grab :) 

We must be living in a parallel universe. I grew up in SC and we had a cabin in Lake Arrowhead and another in Apple Valley and spent many a summer and winter there. In the early 70s we moved to Hawaii and most recently to Houston helping raise grand kids.    We love Colorado and thinking of getting a second home there. Josh

11 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Thanks for the heads up, Jack. Without your OP I would have missed JV's announcement. It is actually not very prominent on the forum's front page and doesn't show up in the announcement forum at all.

Cheers Wolfgang, and what a cool announcement it is huh?  More GREAT airports, I can't wait!

I have three of their airports (KIDA, KGPI, 2O3) and they are for all intents and purposes ORBX quality, which is only logical since the names on Turbulent's roster (for examples Russell Linn and Russ White) are all over the credits of loads of ORBX airports.  The best news for me is that I will be able to post videos incorporating their stuff here on these forums! :) 2O3 is a great short hop to Sonoma or Cloverdale and KIDA, KGPI not only fill holes in FTX regions with fewer ORBX airports (CRM, NRM) but make great flight pairs to nearby ORBX airports like KWYS, KBZN, and KJAC. 

1 hour ago, Neptune6 said:

That is great guys

now if 29 palms joins ORBX .............that will blow the roof . in sceneries 

Turbulent-designs and 29 Palms allied with orbx would be sure to bankrupt me!:D

Press Release – For Immediate Release

Toowong Australia and Havant United Kingdom - June 6th, 2017

Turbulent Designs To Publish Through Orbx

Methinks JV's mind is elsewhere at the moment - maybe Las Vegas? :rolleyes:

One less place in the net where I have to go looking for updates. Good news indeed.

Their airports match the FTX world flawlessly which is no surprise as there are many familiar names at Turbulent... 

11 hours ago, FireRx said:

I use Both Caleb, 

They already work well together:lol:

Interesting.

But it would seem odd for the same company selling two different products that are meant for the same purpose, but we will wait and see.

On 6/8/2018 at 2:09 PM, caleb1 said:

Interesting.

But it would seem odd for the same company selling two different products that are meant for the same purpose, but we will wait and see.

JV commented on this and I'll serve as his multiplicator today.

Archived