The happiest place in Scotland.

VH-KDK

Recent surveys have found the Highlands City of Inverness to be the happiest place in Scotland.

This is the destination of the last part of my flight out of Sumburgh.

Previously:-

11.ha7q8AI.jpg

12.og9lUkj.jpg

13.K2hyhDk.jpg

14.F8md68x.jpg

15.aYQfIfn.jpg

16.sVbirhH.jpg

17.EeY6v48.jpg

18.NComMWT.jpg

19.6wnTOAs.jpg

20.zoG5uVp.jpg

Me, I am just happy to have made a safe landing.

Great Scottish tour Martyn. My dad, who was raised in Dundee used to say that the people of Inverness speak the most correct English on the planet.

That tartan livery is certainly unique. Look forward to the next leg.

Cheers Graeme :)

19 minutes ago, boetie said:

Great Scottish tour Martyn. My dad, who was raised in Dundee used to say that the people of Inverness speak the most correct English on the planet.

That tartan livery is certainly unique. Look forward to the next leg.

Cheers Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme, I spent a very enjoyable afternoon and night at Inverness over 40 years ago.:P

A bloke at the bar was sampling every bottle of whiskey on the shelf in the bar. A lot of brands that I had never seen before. I wonder if he has got over his hangover yet!:o

You will have to work backwards to see the rest of this flight as this was the final of three instalments, the others being 11744 and Sumburgh Taxi.:D

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing clarity and quality here Martyn.  And I wish I was back, I love Scotland, the home of my ancestors.

Thanks Jack, I enjoyed my time in Scotland too.:D

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Wonderful finish to your trip Martyn, and I am still loving that livery :) Now about that whisky sampling...that's an adventure I could enjoy ;) 

Cheers Landon, just remember that H&S  regulations stipulate you must wear your seatbelt when sitting on the bar stool to stop you falling off.:o

32 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Landon, just remember that H&S  regulations stipulate you must wear your seatbelt when sitting on the bar stool to stop you falling off.:o

Ha! Okay, I will try and remember that :rolleyes: Btw, what is H&S ??

51 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Ha! Okay, I will try and remember that :rolleyes: Btw, what is H&S ??

Health and Safety Landon.

Over here some inspectors can be persuaded to turn a blind eye with an envelope.;)

Plane, scenery and water look fantastic in these shots, Martyn. And even the weather!

Now, after finishing your work you might head for some aged destillation condensate, I am sure there is something around. That place is claimed to be happy!

25 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Don't you hate that?  If you can't trust an inspector imagine what could go wrong?

We worked in one packing shed packing grapes and there was no running water, the dunny was out amongst the vines and no means of washing your hands.

We took our own water the next day.

Amazing how a bundle of notes in the back pocket causes temporary blindness.

This is Australia and why you should always thoroughly wash fresh produce before you eat it.

"Scotland" in the title pulls my A.R.M. (AutomaticResonseMechanism).  That Saab with the tartan tail is a beaut - wish they'd get the XP11 version done.   Perhaps the price of 'Uisge Beatha' is lower in Inverness - that could make a lot of Scots happier. 

20 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

15.aYQfIfn.jpg

Hi Martyn,

I did some research and found out that the fort, just below the plane's nose is "Fort George".

On the other bank of the water (not visible, lefthand side on shot), is called "Chanonry Point"  near "Fortrose" , which is a wellknown place for dolphin spotting during high tides.

This summer we will spend a week in that area.....

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Plane, scenery and water look fantastic in these shots, Martyn. And even the weather!

Now, after finishing your work you might head for some aged destillation condensate, I am sure there is something around. That place is claimed to be happy!

Thanks for that Gerold.

I would have preferred some less cloudy weather out of Sumburgh but it is real so I cant complain.

Thank you for your suggestion but I will go and have a whiskey instead.:huh::blink::lol:

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

"Scotland" in the title pulls my A.R.M. (AutomaticResonseMechanism).  That Saab with the tartan tail is a beaut - wish they'd get the XP11 version done.   Perhaps the price of 'Uisge Beatha' is lower in Inverness - that could make a lot of Scots happier. 

Thank you OND, it is a rather pleasant livery and you can only hope that it will appear inXP11. 

Well it must be something n the water that makes Inverness such a jolly place.:P

2 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Martyn from your flight in Scotland I would stay of the whiskey if you are flying regards EMM 

Thank you Stewart, no whiskey on the flight deck you will be pleased to hear, just Vodka!:o:ph34r::lol:

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Hi Martyn,

I did some research and found out that the fort, just below the plane's nose is "Fort George".

On the other bank of the water (not visible, lefthand side on shot), is called "Chanonry Point"  near "Fortrose" , which is a wellknown place for dolphin spotting during high tides.

Thanks for that Fred, as usual I was going to look it up but I forgot.

Plenty of activity in the Cromarty Firth with the Oil Rigs and other things.

Just reading it is quite an area for marine mammals and some big fish too.

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Hi Martyn,

Nice Fred!  I would love to see that in real life.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

As I prefer the scottish version, I strongly hope the above is a typo?!

I too much prefer the Scottish version...in fact, wish I had some right now...ah, the sweet scent....

Oh, are we talking about scenery or some such? :D

Let me join the others.

Your screenshots are great, I love the land of my fathers and love that livery.

And I live for my daily Scotch,  Aberlour being my favourite single malt whisky.

Many thanks.  The McPhail.

19 hours ago, Stillwater said:

As I prefer the scottish version, I strongly hope the above is a typo?!

Sory Geroold, iit iz mie faelt 4 knot reeding ver nayme ohn vur botil.:o

Trust me to spell it the Irish way.:rolleyes:

Archived