Orinoco Flow

I am not sure if I can convince my instructor to have this music on the headsets during this flight..

... but at least I got the PC-21 in the air tonight. Getting out of Canaima...

N5YGjVd.jpg

.. over the Auyan Tepui tablelands...

jpdKYaj.jpg

... and across Lago Guri...

EB1iGbk.jpg

... to Ciudad Guayana, where we meet the Orinoco river, the fourth largest river in the world by discharge volume of water.

qbxg0Rs.jpg

Po2ndUv.jpg

Here we reach the enormous delta of the river. It was discovered by a sailor named Christobal Colon - whilst the source of the river remained unknown until 1951.

ZE9aYSn.jpg

7C1nddF.jpg

Hopping north to the caribic island of Trinidad...

oaLGYWU.jpg

... and into Port of Spain.

UzMjXsc.jpg

JNjwL0e.jpg

When I saw the title I knew there would have to be a reference to Enya, and I didn't have to wait for long.

Excellent images Gerold and some interesting information .

What amazed me was that the source wasn't discovered until 1951.

There must be countless other things waiting to be discovered in this part of the world.

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

An interesting exploratory flight here Gerold. Nice choice of aircraft too! :)

Thank you Landon. I was happy to get the PC-21 started (easily), with a flightplan loaded (also easy) - and even the autopilot working (not so obvious).

2 hours ago, jotaedo said:

nice plane, the Americas has so much to offer...

The choice of plane was in hope for a faster toy, for this slightly longer distance...!

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Some red-blooded shots and dramatic music on the headset ;)

To me the music would have been relaxing, but my instructor did not let me... ???

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Wonderful shots, Gerold. I didn't know that this song was called Orinoco flow. You never learn enough.

That is the real purpose of this forum: learning, learning, learning. I am optimistic that we can use this argument for our tax declaration one fine day!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

When I saw the title I knew there would have to be a reference to Enya, and I didn't have to wait for long.

Excellent images Gerold and some interesting information .

What amazed me was that the source wasn't discovered until 1951.

There must be countless other things waiting to be discovered in this part of the world.

Thanks Martyn. I was also kind of surprised to read that detail. Nevertheless some indians should have discovered it long before. But nothing counts without documentation, or...?!

1 hour ago, Daz Kealy said:

Quality from Stillwater as always. It's a great part of the world. I flew out of Canaima in real life to Ciudad Bolivar some years ago on Avensa.

Thank you for reasing my posts, Daz. I envy your walk on Jimmie Angel´s trails, and I am sure you have seen his plane in Ciudad Bolivar as well?

Stillwater, I apologise for my previous post being a bit short on detail. It was 1991 or 1992 and me and 2 friends flew down from Caracas for a couple of days. We just did the standard flyby of the falls in a Cessna- still to this day my only trip in a GA aircraft, but what a place to have such a trip. Flying over the tepuis was amazing. Then we headed back via Ciudad Bolivar, enjoying a night on the Orinoco River and a few cool Polar beers.

I would have loved the alternative of the 5 day walk to the falls but it truly is a "lost world" but magical to even experience it the way we did.

Have you been?

18 hours ago, Daz Kealy said:

Stillwater, I apologise for my previous post being a bit short on detail. It was 1991 or 1992 and me and 2 friends flew down from Caracas for a couple of days. We just did the standard flyby of the falls in a Cessna- still to this day my only trip in a GA aircraft, but what a place to have such a trip. Flying over the tepuis was amazing. Then we headed back via Ciudad Bolivar, enjoying a night on the Orinoco River and a few cool Polar beers.

I would have loved the alternative of the 5 day walk to the falls but it truly is a "lost world" but magical to even experience it the way we did.

Have you been?

Nice memories you are sharing with us, Daz. And - I have not even set a foot onto the entire continent yet!

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

If they had have done Gerold there would have been a good Curry Restaurant there.

Maybe, Martyn, but what meat would be on the menu :ph34r::o?

11 hours ago, paulb said:

You really are exploring the area! Well done Gerold! :)

Thank you Paul!

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Man, you got sailing music, not flying music. :D  You need something faster to match your PC-21 Gerold. :D

No motivation for me, Adam. What about Steppenwolf?

4 hours ago, jean marc said:

great travel thank you Gerold 

(... but about the music choice I prefer the last one by adam :P )

Merci Jean Marc... I can not reach the dimension of your stories but I like to visit places!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I too knew exactly which song this would be and I love this song!  Great flight Gerold!

Thanks for your words, Jack!

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots these.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Good song, nice lady and a wonderful airplane!

The PC-21 is one of my favorites irl and I'm glad it's working in p3d4.

Thank you Ben. I have to admit I have never seen one in RL ???!

Archived