Rare Animals

Time to look out for some rare animals in a promising place of the world... so we take off with a suitable airliner from Guayaquil...

YvtDkxA.jpg

DHiKBJn.jpg

... and head into the Pacific for about 1 hour. Here we reach the Galapagos Archipelago.

ZCoIWHY.jpg

MTmzsRE.jpg

Turning in to Seymour / Santa Cruz...

zbpp8Bj.jpg

lAWmjzZ.jpg

... and change to a smaller plane for a detailed research.

KO8lrnN.jpg

Crossing one of the volcanos of Isla Santiago, ...

LsshZso.jpg

... the Volcan Wolf (surprising name, isn´t it?), ...

6TJ9C8w.jpg

cgJ79d0.jpg

... and the crater lakes of Isla Fernandina and Darwin. No RareAnimalFlow to be seen, unfortunately.

lHOLYbX.jpg

WM4oKTD.jpg

At least I found some human settlements in Puerto Villamil...

k6JxjiN.jpg

... and Bellavista.

bzgMWNW.jpg

But, all in all, the Galapagos Islands are too deserted to be called "worth the detour here in the sim". OK, been there, done that.

A wonderful flight of discovery Gerold and I do like the livery on the 737, very surprised to see it was German.

With the islands sparseness they are not evolving like some other parts of the ORBX world.

Interesting narration as well, you have tortoise plenty about the islands.:wacko:

220px-Galapagos_giant_tortoise_Geochelone_elephantopus.jpg.0de462d74471fd275833289887c627cf.jpg

18 hours ago, Stillwater said:

we take off with a suitable airliner from Guayaquil...

good idea Gerold ! I love your shots of Guayaquil with wonderful sky colors :)

unfortunately for the animals missing on Galapagos islands...So many different type by there : every island owns its specific species (ah the blue footed bobbies !  seaguls, iguanas.......)

18 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Gerold I enjoyed them all thanks regards EMM

Thanks Stewart, glad you like them!

18 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots these. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you, Iain!

17 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Nice liveries on your planes.

Thanks Karl. I always try to use some liveries suited to the area I fly...!

16 hours ago, Senchay said:

Hehe that first Haribo livery :-) I just eat some atm ^^
Nice pics

You´re welcome. I am convinced trimming of that plane is done with containers of Haribo bears!

16 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Love the Goldbär!! Yummy.

What a speedbird this prop plane looks to be! What is the speed you were flying at?

Thanks Bermuda. Do you also feel the smell of Goldbären in your nose?

The Lancair travels at about 245 kts IAS, very useful for slightly longer distances. Slowing her down is not so easy...

14 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Awesome shot of that part of the world!!!!  I think is the first time I have seen any in that area.

Thank you John. As I said the islands currently do not look too interesting, this may be the reason for rare visits.

14 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Very nice shots Gerold, good to know about Galapagos Island, we'll wait for a special virtual scenery with turtles on the beach before exploring.

That was my idea as well, Francois. Some vegetation and a lot of animal flow, together with little upgrades of the (few) airports.... ;)

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These were really most enjoyable Gerold!  I'd love to visit the Galapagos Islands and see those turtles.

IRL that would be something, Jack. Unfortunately a bit remote that place...!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Yes we need animal flow Gerold. Or maybe Penguin flow for Martyn! ;)

Nice shots, but not sure about the livery :o:D

PenguinFlow, I forgot! Now have some other animals... and I´ll change the livery as you like, Paul :D!

26 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight of discovery Gerold and I do like the livery on the 737, very surprised to see it was German.

With it's sparseness it is not evolving like some other parts of the ORBX world.

Interesting narration as well, you have tortoise plenty about the islands.:wacko:

220px-Galapagos_giant_tortoise_Geochelone_elephantopus.jpg.0de462d74471fd275833289887c627cf.jpg

Well, I was indeed missing the TortoiseFlow (or at least RockFlow) on the islands. They will never show up as much detail as Papua New Guinea, but a little bit more than the current desert would be nice.

Sometimes even Germans have a bit of humor, and that is not only in the sim:

SygsHCV.jpg

Just now, jean marc said:

good idea Gerold ! I love your shots of Guayaquil with wonderful sky colors :)

unfortunately for the animals missing on Galapagos islands...So many different type by there : every island owns its specific species (ah the blue footed bobbies !  seaguls, iguanas.......)

Merci Jean Marc, I chose a good daytime for the takeoff, indeed. I´ll have to look in wikipedia for the animal species you name, I do not even know them ... :D!

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Well, I was indeed missing the TortoiseFlow (or at least RockFlow) on the islands. They will never show up as much detail as Papua New Guinea, but a little bit more than the current desert would be nice.

Sometimes even Germans have a bit of humor, and that is not only in the sim:

SygsHCV.jpg

A beautiful colour scheme Gerold, which 738 is this on.

With Skipper Max Gate, I think we all need a sense of humour these days.:angry::rolleyes::lol:

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Merci Jean Marc, I chose a good daytime for the takeoff, indeed. I´ll have to look in wikipedia for the animal species you name, I do not even know them ... :D!

jKdVnGH.jpg  

:) wonderful birds to watch on the Galapos (as many others...)  (in fact only on one of the islands - I don't remember which one...) - of course the blue colors comes from typical planctoon or shrimps (as for rose flamingo or Ibis....)

35 minutes ago, jean marc said:

:) wonderful birds to watch on the Galapos (as many others...)  (in fact only on one of the islands - I don't remember which one...) - of course the blue colors comes from typical planctoon or shrimps (as for rose flamingo or Ibis....)

That looks like a fantastic inspiration for a NatureFlow upgrade!

Thank you Gerold for exploring the Galapagos Islands. But you would not have to take off in search for rare animals if you had taken a look at your fuselage of course... The rare Goldbear lives near Bonn, normally, but sometimes goes on a ride in a 737...

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you Gerold for exploring the Galapagos Islands. But you would not have to take off in search for rare animals if you had taken a look at your fuselage of course... The rare Goldbear lives near Bonn, normally, but sometimes goes on a ride in a 737...

Rumor has it that the smaller variations of the Goldbär are not too rare around Bonn, we even see them here in Hanover from time to time. But the big relative indeed is rare, and is suspected to live outside of default 738s!

Archived