Hoog boven Nederland

VH-KDK

After crossing the North Sea we arrive at the very crowded skies over the Netherlands.

For Fred the translation reads "High above The Netherlands."

This will test my recognition and place names. I hope I have got it right.

1.ph1.jpg

Crossing the coast at Zandvoort with the circuit visible below the starboard wing.

2.ph2.jpg

Looking down the coast towards Noordwijk and Sassenheim.

3.ph3.jpg

At Hoofddorp and Nieuw-Vennep. EHAM and Amsterdam are beyond.

4.ph4.jpg

Over the city with the Noordseekanaal flowing up to IJmuiden.

5.ph5.jpg

The main body of water is IJmeer with Gooimeer at the bottom. The town is part of the Almere region.

6.ph6.jpg

On the left is Zeewold and Harderwijk in on the right. Veluwemeer separates them.

7.ph7.jpg

Over Deventer with the Gelderse IJssel flowing through it.

8.ph8.jpg

The Twenthekanaal is joined by the Zijkanaal naar Almelo with Goor and Deldeneresche either end of the P-8.

9.ph9.jpg

The former textile centre of Enschede.

10.ph10.jpg

Now at the border of TE and GEN which can clearly be seen.

I hope you are enjoying the flight.

I was enjoying this flight a lot. Incredible the difference between NLTE and even "full fat" regions like GEN. I think we cannot speak of "full fat" regions anymore without lying a bit since we have NLTE...

If you happen to continue your tour over Germany, could you consider visting Wuppertal for being my hometown?

Nice overhead shots as you have crossed into TE NE territory Martyn. As much as I think the Netherlands scenery looks awesome, I find myself flying more and more over traditional Orbx Regions. Maybe due to more varied terrain? I don't really know. Anyhow, your shots showcase the TE tech nicely ;) 

I am glad you translated the thread's title....I was completely lost :wacko:

For a non-resident you have done a great job with your comments......very good !

What was roughly your altitude?

+1

6 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I was enjoying this flight a lot. Incredible the difference between NLTE and even "full fat" regions like GEN. I think we cannot speak of "full fat" regions anymore without lying a bit since we have NLTE...

If you happen to continue your tour over Germany, could you consider visting Wuppertal for being my hometown?

Many thanks Lars.

I have got to the stage where I can quickly realise I have strayed across the TE border into the traditional regions.

I have already completed the flight but I will see if I can remember and do a flight around Wuppertal in the near future for you.

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice overhead shots as you have crossed into TE NE territory Martyn. As much as I think the Netherlands scenery looks awesome, I find myself flying more and more over traditional Orbx Regions. Maybe due to more varied terrain? I don't really know. Anyhow, your shots showcase the TE tech nicely ;) 

Thanks Landon, it will be interesting to see how TE comes across in more hilly and mountainous areas.

Wouldn't France be great!:)

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Even from that altitude the scenery looks fantastic, Martyn!

PS: Have you cheated with the weather or is it what we can expect here in North Germany over the weekend?

Thanks Gerold it looks good but my old system was creaking and groaning!

Me Cheat!!!!:o

Why of course I have:lol:, it is my own weather as I wanted to view the scenery for the entire trip and not have too many clouds in the way.;)

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

I am glad you translated the thread's title....I was completely lost :wacko:

For a non-resident you have done a great job with your comments......very good !

What was roughly your altitude?

+1

Thank you Fred, I am very glad I got it right.

I am also pleased to have helped with the title's translation for you.

I flew the entire flight at 15,000 ft.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Many thanks Lars.

I have got to the stage where I can quickly realise I have strayed across the TE border into the traditional regions.

I have already completed the flight but I will see if I can remember and do a flight around Wuppertal in the near future for you.

Thank you very much for your offer Martyn. Much appreciated!

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you Fred, I am very glad I got it right.

I am also pleased to have helped with the title's translation for you.

I flew the entire flight at 15,000 ft.

I think 15.000 ft is a good height for flying NL TE in a tube. At that height it looks great.

I am curious if the 32 bits version of TE loses much details....we will see, but I will certainly buy it when released.

Archived