Ketchikan to Stewart

Jack Sawyer

Made a flight today from PAKT to SZST.

Can anyone tell me if the last several shots look ok?  I mean it seems like an elevation problem maybe?  I don't use any mesh and ran Vector a few days ago.  Thanks.

xTa4A9F.jpg

bldwMYg.jpg

XfoLujG.jpg

EytYu4x.jpg

eJ2E1vr.jpg

iYNnbDu.jpg

MXtHZMl.jpg

BItJh79.jpg

lvPsl2v.jpg

IHFgVcv.jpg

4fqpHTm.jpg

jEuJVaO.jpg

8YwaVhX.jpg

Nf8MF2C.jpg

9IHnNPj.jpg

fRBqWau.jpg

yjTnBgO.jpg

From here...

9nrn3CL.jpg

Txkymta.jpg

To here

m3rlaY8.jpg

5Km5IQQ.jpg

Lovely little place!

76mZJ7m.jpg

It would be idyllic to live here!

7OjYCoe.jpg

Glorious detail, I'm loving it.

GdKEGJs.jpg

I see what I think you are referring to Jack...the rounded mountains? If so, I am not sure if that is right based on where you are flying...I haven't flown there lately, but I do have all the Alaskan scenery, flown there much and don't recall rounded peaks like those. Overall though, lots of nice shots in this spread.

19 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I see what I think you are referring to Jack...the rounded mountains? If so, I am not sure if that is right based on where you are flying...I haven't flown there lately, but I do have all the Alaskan scenery, flown there much and don't recall rounded peaks like those. Overall though, lots of nice shots in this spread.

Thanks Landon, I was referring to the ground in the last several, it looks like an elevation problem maybe?

Hey Jack , in looking at Google Earth ; I think it looks that way . I have done countless flights out of there and have seen the same thing . Anyway more great shots from AK my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Hey Jack , in looking at Google Earth ; I think it looks that way . I have done countless flights out of there and have seen the same thing . Anyway more great shots from AK my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Very much appreciated my friend!  This is a beautifully detailed place, I especially love the piles of logs, how cool is that? :)

1 hour ago, boetie said:

Great shots Jack. There is something not quite right. Ah yes! No yellow?

Cheers Graeme :)

:lol:   Thanks Graeme!  I'd guess I'm what they call in Hollywood, "typecast"! 

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Doggone grand set of shots in your Cessna 3-10 Jack!

Gosh darn it, I'm a happy as lark!  Thanks Erik! :) 

39 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

Two nice airport which I do not own since I haven't purchased PFJ.

Your caps tell me to buy them some day. Great set!

Thanks bvd!  Highly recommend, they're a great city pair to fly to and from. 

Great flight, Jack, in a different route I always use for that trip: I fly through the fjords and enjoy some RTMM on the way...

I can NOT remember the elevated roads on the approach to Stewart, will have a look later on. Having / not having a 3rd party mesh can make a difference as well as your mesh setting in the sim.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful set Jack and I will go with the others and say that this is how it is meant to look with the roads being elevated like that.

Thanks Martyn!  Still not 100% sure though.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Jack!  :) I can see what you mean about the ground, but the airport looks fine. I will check mine out later.

Thanks Paul!

5 hours ago, paulb said:

I think mine looks about the same Jack?

Hard to tell as you approached from the other end, this is a poser as Gerold says he can't remember if it's like this.  No matter, you only see it for a minute or less.

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you Iain!

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great flight, Jack, in a different route I always use for that trip: I fly through the fjords and enjoy some RTMM on the way...

I can NOT remember the elevated roads on the approach to Stewart, will have a look later on. Having / not having a 3rd party mesh can make a difference as well as your mesh setting in the sim.

Thanks Gerold, I appreciate you checking it out.  I thought since this was a full fat region it would have its own mesh?

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, I appreciate you checking it out.

Did the check and found out the roads and coastlines look the same on my side as well. And how good this scenery looks... with these mountain details!

On 15/04/2018 at 1:08 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I was referring to the ground in the last several, it looks like an elevation problem maybe?

Surely it is a huge beaver camp due to the attractive piles of logs   :P

7 hours ago, jean marc said:

Surely it is a huge beaver camp due to the attractive piles of logs   :P

:lol:  I can see that.  Where I hike there's beavers in the forest and they slap the water with their tails.  I love seeing and hearing them.

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful shots :)

Thanks Mikee! :)

5 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Great shots Jack, this area is superb!

Thanks François, it really is.  SAK is amazing, so much to see and I haven't even scratched the surface.

Archived