Announcing my new PTA preset (26_02)!

Adam Banks

For all you P3D/PTA tweakers, here's my latest preset - tweaked for Skyforce 3D.

My favourite little yellow runabout:

pta_26_02_01_135_1350.jpg

PBY Catalina over Catalina Island!

pta_26_02_06_861_1350.jpg

pta_26_02_07_776_1350.jpg

pta_26_02_03_157_1350.jpg

P-40 in night fighter mode!
pta_26_02_09_416_1350.jpg

All my presets can be found here!

Adam.

EDIT: Couldn't resist this one - for a certain ORBX forum member :lol:

sf3d_jack_539_1350.jpg

Well Adam, you've almost outdone yourself.  First, thanks for that last one, I love it!  Now, like Landon, I may be forced to buy SF.  The color of your skies and the clouds in the last one make NZ look even better if that's even possible!  

So let me ask you, would it be possible to post or PM with your SF settings. I know absolutely nothing about it.  Doesn't PTA interact with SF?  So would this new PTA work without it or is it required to have SF?

Thanks Adam.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Doesn't PTA interact with SF?  So would this new PTA work without it or is it required to have SF?

Jack, it should have no bearing with SF. What SkyForce does in regards to PTA interaction, is you tell Sky Force what PTA preset you are using, and the Sky Force tries to match the textures and clouds to best match the PTA preset. It seems to work pretty good, although I am still experimenting with that facet of Sky Force. But, you can still load up Adam's preset the regular way, without Sky Force and it should work fine. I should say that I have not tried that though. ;)

53 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, it should have no bearing with SF. What SkyForce does in regards to PTA interaction, is you tell Sky Force what PTA preset you are using, and the Sky Force tries to match the textures and clouds to best match the PTA preset. It seems to work pretty good, although I am still experimenting with that facet of Sky Force. But, you can still load up Adam's preset the regular way, without Sky Force and it should work fine. I should say that I have not tried that though. ;)

Thanks Landon!  Still considering it...

Thanks, @Sniper31 - you've pretty well covered Jack's queries. Without going into *too* much detail here (as it's not really an ORBX product) - SF3D at its lowest level behaves like any other weather/textures app (eg. REX/TD) in that, once run, it replaces cloud/sky textures - even if it isn't actually active.

BTW, Landon, SF3D doesn't automatically match any textures to your own/custom PTA presets - only the ones that came with SF3D install. I asked that question in their forums to be told "that's a nice idea - we'll work on that!".

I created the preset before I customised the SF3D textures or settings in any substantial way - so what you see above is pretty well default SF3D. I didn't even have the live weather engine running.

I can't really test the preset "without SF3D" unless I re-install some other texture sets (and sky colours) from some other source, which I'm not likely to want to do.

Jack - I'll give you more info by PM shortly!

Adam.

8 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

BTW, Landon, SF3D doesn't automatically match any textures to your own/custom PTA presets - only the ones that came with SF3D install

Doh! Adam, you are spot on right about that, and I knew that, but forgot. When I first got SF3D, I tried the included PTA presets (admittedly only a couple) and then decided that I liked yours better. I confused myself :) Thanks for correcting me ;)

4 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

So you aren't using Evenshade at all?

Nope! No other shaders stuff at all. Just SF3D (with water by REX/TD) and my PTA 26_02 preset.

I didn't have SF3D active for either of those shots. Afterwards, I launched it, toggled the live weather engine on and got a very realistic fog "white-out" over the bridge, so had to put my camera away :lol:.

Adam.

11 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Nope! No other shaders stuff at all. Just SF3D (with water by REX/TD) and my PTA 26_02 preset.

I didn't have SF3D active for either of those shots. Afterwards, I launched it, toggled the live weather engine on and got a very realistic fog "white-out" over the bridge, so had to put my camera away :lol:.

Adam.

Well, your PTA/SF shots look amazing. 

It gets to be a bit of a dog's breakfast when I have several programs that cover the same thing, or overlap, & then I try & put together a certain combo & leave out the other stuff. Not sure who is winning the fight behind the curtain:)

TTM

34 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice Adam!  What all did you change, specifically?  I'm just curious.

It started out as just tweaks to cloud lighting, as I just couldn't get any "drama" into the SF3D clouds with my old preset. As usual, I ended up tweaking heaps more. Nothing *major* - just loads of little adjustments. The full list of changes is in the readme in the archive.

Adam.

Just now, Adam Banks said:

It started out as just tweaks to cloud lighting, as I just couldn't get any "drama" into the SF3D clouds with my old preset. As usual, I ended up tweaking heaps more. Nothing *major* - just loads of little adjustments. The full list of changes is in the readme in the archive.

Adam.

Thanks Adam!

4 hours ago, jean marc said:

Thank you for your really beautiful sceenshots ... So nice atmosphere... So I just decided now to purchase PTA and to install it this week-end ... as well as your preset :-)

+1. These shots convinced me to purchase the program and get Adam’s latest preset too and I’m very glad I did it, sure made a difference in the color palette!  Thank you Adam! :wub:

2 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Hi Adam -

Can any of these tweaks be applied to your last P3D3.1 preset "Preset v21.11 for PTA v2.10 | P3Dv3" to get the same "drama" results for the clouds? I am not on 4.1 yet, just drooling over your beautiful pix.....

6 hours ago, John Lovell said:

Ohh very nice. Been searching for that perfect preset. This one looks especially good. I will be giving this a try. Thanks Adam! 

Report back, please! I'm always keen to know if they work on other peoples' systems!

5 hours ago, Wakashi said:

+1. These shots convinced me to purchase the program and get Adam’s latest preset too and I’m very glad I did it, sure made a difference in the color palette!  Thank you Adam! :wub:

A pleasure, Sir!!

5 hours ago, FlightsimDimm said:

Can any of these tweaks be applied to your last P3D3.1 preset "Preset v21.11 for PTA v2.10 | P3Dv3" to get the same "drama" results for the clouds? I am not on 4.1 yet, just drooling over your beautiful pix.....

Sadly, I doubt it. Too many tweaks - and I no longer have any way of testing them, as my P3Dv3 made way for v4!

Adam.

3 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

@Sammy H : Install your SF3D theme, then load up AS. Just don't fire up SF3D at all (or load it but with the live weather engine disabled).

Adam.

Thanks Adam, yeah I was reading the documentation.  All seemed a bit confusing but I guess you can run them both at the same time but need to disable the weather engine on SF.  Either way will be giving your new preset a run this weekend.

Archived