10 reasons Jack should buy the Helldiver.

VH-KDK

The Helldiver is the plane of the moment......at the moment.

I am very surprised though that Jack has not brought it.

So I thought I would do this flight to try and convince him. with eleven good reasons

1.ba1.jpg

One- it is yellow. Waiting for landing traffic at Binghampton International NY State.

2.ba2.jpg

Two- it is yellow. Not far from the airport is Chenango Bridge. Under the port wing is Sunset Way where I stayed in 1958 for 6 weeks. I was so happy to find the house on GE street view several years ago, bringing back some happy memories.

3.ba3.jpg

Three-it is yellow. Looking back down the Chenango River at Port Dickinson and Binghampton.

I can clearly remember fishing in the river an being told not to stand in the boat! Apparently the river is now polluted  and the "new" freeway follows the river.

4.ba4.jpg

Four-it is yellow. Over Harpursville looking down the Susquehanna River towards Windsor.

5.ba5.jpg

Five-it is yellow. The Senator Warren M Anderson Expressway and the Susquehanna again at Nineva.

6.ba6.jpg

Six-it is yellow. Near Cobleskill and Mineral Springs decided to try out the air brakes. They do work, exciting stuff.

7.ba7.jpg

Seven-it is yellow. A spectacular road network approaching Albany.

8.ba8.jpg

Eight-it is yellow. Over Rotterdam and were heading for Schenectady Airport but elevation problems have lead us to divert to Albany International.

9.ba9.jpg

Nine- it is yellow. Over the Hudson River at Goat Island. The airport is central left.

10.ba10.jpg

Ten it is yellow. Just about to land at Verdoy. I have been to Albany but one of those many parts of the holiday I cannot remember.

11.ba11.jpg

Eleven-it is a magnificent radial carrier bomber from WW2(actually in RL it was cr*p). Top class sound set, the start up is brilliant. Plenty of detail in the cockpit, bomb bay, gunner/radio operator position Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. Buy it now from AH and you get the F3F thrown in. Most of all Jack because being a Navy plane most of the liveries are blue which is my favourite colour and I love blue aeroplanes!

Just one final thing to remember, this is OLC NA, bloody fantastic isn't it.

Martyn, you almost convinced me too. But then I had a look at my virtual WWII hangar and after I have seen nine fighter planes parked in there (American, British and German), I had second thoughts. And I don't like yellow fighter planes anyway :D:D

:lol::wub::)  Martyn, is that a yellow Hellfighter I see in those shots?  I see ten very good reasons to buy it.  But as much as I like to with such limited amount of time to fly and a huge hangar of planes I seldom fly she may not get the air time she deserves.  

(Shhh, besides, I'm waiting for 64 bit.)

Been having some VERY difficult personal times lately, extremely bad, so about all I can do is comment of other's excellent shots.  Maybe today I'll get a chance to fly.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Been having some VERY difficult personal times lately, extremely bad, so about all I can do is comment of other's excellent shots.  Maybe today I'll get a chance to fly.

Our prayers will be with you, Jack. Hope for the best

Take your time, Jack. RL is the only important. And 64 bit will come...

36 minutes ago, adambar said:

Nice yellow machine you have there Martyn, great shots! :)

Jack, sorry to hear that my friend, the most important thing is to take care of yourself, FS will always be here. :)

You're right Adam, and thank you.  All of you here are so kind and considerate, I've never met a better bunch of online people in all the years I've been online.

16 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

16 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Martyn, you almost convinced me too. But then I had a look at my virtual WWII hangar and after I have seen nine fighter planes parked in there (American, British and German), I had second thoughts. And I don't like yellow fighter planes anyway :D:D

Cheers Bernd. It is a carrier borne bomber Bernd and a beautiful rendition at that. It comes in many shades of other colours and Jankees is also doing some great repaints to add to the variety. Damn, my powers of persuasion are slipping.:o:lol::lol:

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Buying is the one thing. Flying her like in #6 is the other. Great move!

Cheers Gerold  What great fun diving in something so heavy, glad those air brakes do the job.

15 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Apart from being yellow, those red spoilers look superb :rolleyes:

Thank you Erik, they make a nice contrast in colour.

13 hours ago, BradB said:

Did someone say "Yellow" :

Hopefully someone will do a yellow repaint for the Sub in P3D , I think Jack would appreciate that  . :D:lol::)

Cheers

John

A yellow Walrus would look great too but watch those tusks. Best to use a very long handled paint roller.:ph34r:

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol::wub::)  Martyn, is that a yellow Hellfighter I see in those shots?  I see ten very good reasons to buy it.  But as much as I like to with such limited amount of time to fly and a huge hangar of planes I seldom fly she may not get the air time she deserves.  

(Shhh, besides, I'm waiting for 64 bit.)

I am disappointed Jack, I was sure you would get this plane. There goes my commission!

I hope you get over your troubles soon and back to better ways, thinking of you.

9 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Excellent idea and set. The only missing info is the color of the aircraft. Oh well, we cannot get everything in one post!;)

Thanks Francois. I will try and be more precise next time.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice yellow machine you have there Martyn, great shots! :)

Jack, sorry to hear that my friend, the most important thing is to take care of yourself, FS will always be here. :)

Cheers Adam.

3 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Jack, I'm not sure Martyn mentioned it but it's YELLOW :)

No I am not sure either Sammy but thanks for describing the colour just in case.

Many thanks everybody for your wonderful comments but most of all for your best wishes for our great friend Jack.

7 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Jack, I'm not sure Martyn mentioned it but it's YELLOW :)

:lol:  You guys are awesome!  You know you're twisting my arm don't you Sammy?  I can't confirm or deny that I will buy it.  Heck, I don't even know where to buy it from....

3 hours ago, Taph said:

Hang in there Jack, did he say mellow B)

Thanks Taph, if I was any more mellow right now I'd need a prescription. :D

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I am disappointed Jack, I was sure you would get this plane. There goes my commission!

And where exactly did you buy this Martyn?  I might or might not get it.  If I do I'll have to boot one of the other planes from my hangar.  I was thinking of uninstalling A2A's Mustang because they don't support it for P3D and it's worse on takeoff than that darned GeeBee, that's why I never ever fly it.  It's so squirrly as to be practically unflyable.  I read about this yesterday at A2A's site.

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  You guys are awesome!  You know you're twisting my arm don't you Sammy?  I can't confirm or deny that I will buy it.  Heck, I don't even know where to buy it from....

http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_helldiver.php

Always happy to help a friend out and the F3F is a little ripper too.:)

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Downloading now...you guys! :o :ph34r::)

:lol::lol::lol:. There is nothing like a new plane to brighten your day Jack, it works wonders for me when the black dog is present. I know you will enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Keep your head up Jack.....we can't change what's happened in our past but we can definitely show our resolve by what we do moving forward.  Keep your chin up buddy.

Thanks Sammy and man, are you a mind reader?  It's, well I don't know how to explain it.

Martyn, do you know about the flaps?  I posted some screen just now...

Just seen your request Jack.

Ok, I have found the manual and on page 4 it shows the flap selector box. This is just in front of the seat on the right hand side.You can choose dive or landing flaps. I will turn on my sim and give it a go.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Just seen your request Jack.

Ok, I have found the manual and on page 4 it shows the flap selector box. This is just in front of the seat on the right hand side.You can choose dive or landing flaps. I will turn on my sim and give it a go.

Martyn, was just notified AH has a hot fix for this very issue!  Getting it now.

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Martyn, was just notified AH has a hot fix for this very issue!  Getting it now.

Great, I didn't realise there was a minor problem, i.e the flaps not working:rolleyes:

Although like a lot of us, I seldom read the manuals.

Shall install now. I did try the flaps and sure enough I could hear them but not see them.

This must be the Helldiver version for blind pilots, you can hear the animations but don't need to see them.:lol:

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Great, I didn't realise there was a minor problem, i.e the flaps not working:rolleyes:

Although like a lot of us, I seldom read the manuals.

Shall install now. I did try the flaps and sure enough I could hear them but not see them.

This must be the Helldiver version for blind pilots, you can hear the animations but don't need to see them.:lol:

Blind pilots, no wonder I saw a seeing eye dog in the cockpit on a flight one time. :o

Archived