Well done on the new site/store setup!

andy1252

Just a quick "congratulations" on the new Orbxdirect.com site and the whole new setup.

Having no idea what day it is generally, I hadn't registered that it was coming round to time for this to happen, and found it by surprise when I went to refresh the site in my browser tab. Saw the new site instead, came back to the forum and found JV's instructions, started working through them and all done in minutes.

All converted and running on my sim PC, and the "download and keep a backup copy" is exactly what I'd been hoping for. So I am a happy bunny.

I seem to remember that I'll have to re-download everything I'd already purchased via FSS if I want to retain my own backups (and I do), but I'll let the dust settle a bit before I start on that set of downloads.

So - well done John and everybody else at ORBX - it's looking damn fine so far.

And to anyone who's looking nervously at this - don't be afraid, it works just fine.

Thanks for the feedback, glad it was a seamless transition!

Regarding the backups, there's no compelling reason to download everything all at once if the products are installed and running fine in your sim, just do it bit by bit until you have the whole set archived.

So far very impressed with the transition.

Had installed P3Dv3.4 late last week & having a lot of issues with it working with FTX Central 2. 

Went to sign on to Forum this morning to lodge the issue when up popped the new Orbx web site, so I followed my nose & ended up at the excellent JV "How To Use It Guide"

Followed that, got registered & transferred the FSS material. then downloaded FTX Central 3.

Installed Central 3. It showed I had no Orbx product. 

Uninstalled P3Dv3.4.

Reinstalled it & suddenly everyone was happy. FTX Central 3 found the Orbx product on my PC 

Updated libraries per Orbx prompt & good to go.

Congrats. to all who worked on the Orbx site, looks good & for me is working well.

Tells me all the updates I need to get!

TTM

1 hour ago, Benny said:

A suggestion if I may... I always loved to see the new product/release in some kind of ways on the main page.

Something that can scroll from left to right with an arrow???

Ben

There's a huge banner for Valdez there now. We have not added any recent releases to it yet, we'll get around to that in the next few days.

12 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Installed Central 3. It showed I had no Orbx product. 

Uninstalled P3Dv3.4.

Reinstalled it & suddenly everyone was happy. FTX Central 3 found the Orbx product on my PC 

Updated libraries per Orbx prompt & good to go.

Just a quick one, TTM. When you uninstalled and then reinstalled 3.4, you mention that Central 3 found your ORBX product on your PC. Does this mean that all your ORBX products were then automatically found on your PC and installed in Central 3? So you could use all of them again with one go in P3D 3.4? 

4 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi been trying to log in but no luck. Do we have to set up a new account. Derek.

2 minutes ago, Blaunarwal said:

How can I log in?

Do I need a new account, the one from flightsimstore or the one from FTX Forum?

You'll need a new account :)

Well done Orbx absolutely bloody brilliant, looks fantastic and love the new photos of the products and very easy to find what you want now. All so have managed to sign in, now all I have to do when I get on my comp is to download the new FTX Central 3. Thank you Derek.

15 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Well done Orbx absolutely bloody brilliant, looks fantastic and love the new photos of the products and very easy to find what you want now. All so have managed to sign in, now all I have to do when I get on my comp is to download the new FTX Central 3. Thank you Derek.

Thank you for the kind words, Derek :) I'm glad you like the changes.

9 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Ben you will be getting writers cramp soon all the replies you've done. Derek.

Starting to feel it already!

57 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Just a quick one, TTM. When you uninstalled and then reinstalled 3.4, you mention that Central 3 found your ORBX product on your PC. Does this mean that all your ORBX products were then automatically found on your PC and installed in Central 3? So you could use all of them again with one go in P3D 3.4? 

Yes.

I think the issue was with a previous P3Dv3.4 install. (Have had 3 goes at it).

Some 'leftover' files were found & I weeded them out, uninstalled P3D & then reinstalled it. [Both after FTC Central 3 was installed}

Important to uninstall P3D before you reinstall it.

After that, FTX Central 3 found the P3D\Orbx folder with all of my Orbx airports, regions etc & recognized them & showed them in FTX Central.

TTM

Orbx goes the Steam way. Totally awesome. Great FAQ. Great job. Great everything. Absolutely loving this. Bye bye GB eating backupped download folder, bye bye manual validation of each and every product during install, bye bye lists with serials and what not, bye bye checking out all available updates and versions before doing a reinstall, and so on. Thanks, Orbx!

I am having a problem logging in.

It asks for email and password.

When I put in both it tells me wrong username, email, and password.

I can still get onto this forum from emails I subscribe to but cannot get on the new website. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I am having a problem logging in.

It asks for email and password.

When I put in both it tells me wrong username, email, and password.

I can still get onto this forum from emails I subscribe to but cannot get on the new website. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Jack,

OrbxDirect uses separate accounts, you'll need to sign up here: https://orbxdirect.com/signup

I want to add my thank you to the other comments in this thread.  The new site looks fantastic as does Central 3.  My transition took only a few minutes and was very smooth.  I can imagine how much work went on behind the scenes!  

Also a big thank you to the ORBX team for answering all of the questions and concerns over the past couple of months - some of them many times over -  and preparing the way for this transition.  It has all been handled in a helpful and respectful way and I appreciate that very much.

Great work!

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

There's a huge banner for Valdez there now. We have not added any recent releases to it yet, we'll get around to that in the next few days.

Hey John, besides new products I always like to see the release anouncements. 

I'm not seeing that sub-forum anymore. Is that a glitch or intentional?

thanks. 

Extremely well done gents. Seamless deployment and upgrade. The new application look slick and refined.

I'm sure you've already considered this, but the only suggestion I could make is to have purchases occur in the FTX Central application rather than pop out to the browser. It's a little disjointed to go out then come back to the app to install.

Fantastic work guys, everything has gone very smoothly for me so far. Seems I have a few updates to do to the EU regions (not sure why as they were all up to date), the new FTX Central looks to be a great benefit though. Downloading is relatively fast (though doesn't seem to be as fast as with IDM).

Have saved a couple of zips as backup to try out this function, but am not sure what is being saved - a number of different zip files? Still, don't need to know about this yet, will figure it out when the time comes.

Thanks guys!

Jack

6 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

Fantastic work guys, everything has gone very smoothly for me so far. Seems I have a few updates to do to the EU regions (not sure why as they were all up to date), the new FTX Central looks to be a great benefit though. Downloading is relatively fast (though doesn't seem to be as fast as with IDM).

Have saved a couple of zips as backup to try out this function, but am not sure what is being saved - a number of different zip files? Still, don't need to know about this yet, will figure it out when the time comes.

Thanks guys!

Jack

England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland & Northern Island received updates to the city night lighting, that is pretty much the first update FTXC3 is handling. Just about to announce it.

5 hours ago, J van E said:

Orbx goes the Steam way. Totally awesome. Great FAQ. Great job. Great everything. Absolutely loving this. Bye bye GB eating backupped download folder, bye bye manual validation of each and every product during install, bye bye lists with serials and what not, bye bye checking out all available updates and versions before doing a reinstall, and so on. Thanks, Orbx!

LOL! Its funny because it is true. Cleared out about 30GB of space on my backup drive

Hi Team !

Wow ! I am impressed with the new FTXCv3 and ORBX Direct !

All went well and easy, seamless transition. All licenses transferred from FSS to ORBX Direct without any problems !

Great Job Team !  Very impressive piece of software ! Wow !  Looks good for the future !

Mike

I was just gonna come and here and say the same exact things Mikelab6 said.  I am VERY impressed, flew around KPSP and CYSE as a random test.  No problems noted.  I would still like to check out the updated places in Europe.

But per Mr. V's guide, step by step it went as smooth as butter on a bald monkey.  :P

Great job Orbx devs!  Very pleased customer, and to all who can't get it working yet, I feel for you but I'll bet Ben will have everyone up to speed soon.  After last summer this went very well.

All I need to do now is convince the wife to let me try out the new method of buying!  :D She's a great wife!  :wub:

Thanks Orbx!  Well done!

15 hours ago, walterg74 said:

Hey John, besides new products I always like to see the release anouncements. 

I'm not seeing that sub-forum anymore. Is that a glitch or intentional?

thanks. 

The old FSS release announcements forum is retired. We now have a new forum here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/217-orbxdirect-release-announcements/

Archived