New laptop, had to share this!

John Venema

I rarely post screenshots, I much prefer to look at what our community is doing.

Just bought this monster laptop; http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/msi-gt73vr-titan-pro-review-beautiful-beast/

But I couldn't resist this shot at Valdez -  straight V key.

15.jpg

I am running Prepar3D 3.4.9 with the PTA shader mod, REX Soft Clouds, Navids Sky Set and HDEv2 Cirrus clouds on an MSI GT73VR GRF Titan Pro laptop (i7 CPU, GTX1080 GPU, Win 10-64). All P3D sliders are maxxed.

I've finally gotten similar results recently and I think the current PTA shader mod is what has nailed it for me. Been flying all over the USA with OLC and in and out of the regions using a combination of REX and FEX but after setting up the latest PTA with it's new simulation of Rayleigh scattering the lighting and atmosphere has never looked better (for me at least).

Must head back to Alaska now, Valdez next stop!

20 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

Wow John ! Great picture ! I suggest you to post it in the scenery screenshot contest. You could win a free ORBX scenery ! ;)

Mike

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha haha

Ben

1 hour ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

That computer is superlative John! :) I bet it has the same performances as a desktop, but it takes less space!

It's faster than most desktops, and you can even get a faster one with an OC'd 4Ghz CPU and 2x GTX1080's in SLI mode. Crazy. They are quite compact machines:

LT24PMS_146869_800x800.jpg

Funny enough that it took basically till 2016 with P3D, ORBX and PTA before those screenshots start to look anything close to the DX10 Preview shot released BEFORE FSX hit the market some ten years ago.

Archived