Like almost every FTX region Germany North includes several photoreal areas.

This one, however, is really huge. The PR of the German capital Berlin covers the entire city area of 891,68 km², equipped with more than 200,000 buildings, around 2 million trees and a whole bunch of POIs (look at the Soviet Memorial by Richard Bui - it's a piece of art). Of course, as part of an FTX region it has not been planned to be a real cityscape - we call it "cityscape light" :).
Enjoy the following pictures, taken in P3Dv3 - and please keep in mind that this is still WIP, although most parts are completed.

160808_B_scr_100.jpg

160808_B_scr_102.jpg

160808_B_scr_105.jpg

160808_B_scr_101.jpg

160808_B_scr_106.jpg

160808_B_scr_107.jpg

160808_B_scr_104.jpg

160808_B_scr_108.jpg

160808_B_scr_109.jpg

160808_B_scr_110.jpg

160808_B_scr_111.jpg

160808_B_scr_112.jpg

160808_B_scr_103.jpg

160808_B_scr_113.jpg

160808_B_scr_114.jpg

160808_B_scr_115.jpg

160808_B_scr_116.jpg

160808_B_scr_117.jpg

160808_B_scr_118.jpg

Wow, the most impressive/detailed city I´ve ever seen in a flight simulator.

The way the autogen is meshing with the textures is impressive. I couldn´t see any spot lacking autogen.

The autogen was manually annoted? If not, I guess you improved the way autogen is getting distributed, I guess.

15 minutes ago, MarkB356 said:

Wonderful, looks fabulous.  I'm sure that someone will have mentioned it, but have you managed to include Tempelof?

regards, Mark

Tempelfhof is closed and is now a park and a refugee camp. So what is to include?

In fact you can see it in picture number 8. I notice the PAPI lights are still operating. I'm quite sure they don't in real life.

You know it's worth getting if you can easily recognize your whole neighborhood on a screenshot and make out all buildings. :o

Absolutely stunning detail! I didn't check with a map but it looks like you even got the nearby park (Rehberge; south-east of EDDT) pretty accurate! Love all the detail; I'd say a Cityscape scenery wouldn't even be necessary at this level. Can't wait to buy...

BTW, you don't plan to include avatar-rideable busses & trains as one of the next technologies to be developed by Orbx, do you? Would turn P3D into an awesome city/sight-seeing simulator as well. ;)

Just now, KVSandleben said:

Tempelfhof is closed and is now a park and a refugee camp. So what is to include?

In fact you can see it in picture number 8. I notice the PAPI lights are still operating. I'm quite sure they don't in real life.

Yes, closed a while now but then so is Meigs.  It's a beautiful airport, unlike anything else.  A nice fifties rendition with period statics would be fab, maybe one for freeware if not the full ORBX treatment

1 hour ago, MarkB356 said:

Wonderful, looks fabulous.  I'm sure that someone will have mentioned it, but have you managed to include Tempelof?

regards, Mark

Mark, there is a recent freeware around for Tempelhof. Just search it, it was made by Rainer Kunst.

Just now, Stillwater said:

Mark, there is a recent freeware around for Tempelhof. Just search it, it was made by Rainer Kunst.

Thanks Gerold, I have enjoyed some of Simmershome's scenery before but the site's shop defeats my non-existent German.  Hopefully at some point I'll be able to pick up Tempelhof, as I think I might have registered, possibly accidentally!  it does look good.  Regards, Mark

After many years of 2nd class solutions (or none at all) I gave almost up on flying in my home Country. I am super excited to see Germany will get the treatment it deserves now. 

Kind regards, Michael 

Archived