An Even Dozen: P3Dv3 Update Previews for Twelve Airports

G'day All ,

Following a short holiday break, I've been working through my back catalogue of airports and making the appropriate updates to get these up to Prepar3D v3 standard. After seeing a few "when is Airport X available?" type questions around the forums this week, I thought it might be a good idea to give a quick rundown on the status of all my projects, in order to give you all an idea of where things are at. Fortunately, the work required to port these over to v3 is, in general, far less than that which was required to prepare the airports for v2. As has been stated elsewhere though, we have many airports and regions across the full ORBX catalogue to port, and as such Ed and the Beta Team are working their backsides off working through the list. As such, I can't give any release dates at this point for any of these airports, but with the exception of two packages (see below), all of my airports have had the appropriate edits completed and will be joining the queue for Installer Compilation and beta testing as Ed's busy schedule allows. As always, I've used this as an opportunity to update some airports with new-content updates and fixes; please see the breakdown below for more information. All screenshots are from Prepar3D v3.

nb. click each screenshot for full-size image.

KPSP Palm Springs International

The Quad Installer for PSP will include several hotfixes and updates for the FSX/v2 versions, including updated lighting, LA Coastline fix (for Vector users) and several other minor additions. Most importantly, however, this update will include full compatibility for the upcoming SCA region - users will be able to switch between FTX Global or SCA compatibility via the KPSP control panel. I'll post more information on this as SCA draws closer to release. 

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KPSP_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KPSP_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KPSP_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KPSP_03.jpg

KEGE Eagle-Vail Regional 

This update will include a couple of adjustments to the APX and lighting to all versions, alongside full v3 compatibility. 

UPDATE: Released Dec 26th, see here for more info.

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KEGE_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KEGE_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KEGE_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KEGE_03.jpg

KJAC Jackson Hole 

KJAC will be a straight Quad Installer as all new tech and fixes were included in the recent Triple Installer update.

UPDATE: Released Dec 26th, see here for more info.

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KJAC_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KJAC_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KJAC_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KJAC_03.jpg

KMRY Monterey Regional 

As well as v3 content, KMRY will also include several APX and runway detail hotfixes for FSX/v2, as well as a totally revamped runway/taxiway lighting system to bring it up to latest standards seen at other airports such as KEGE, NSTU, KSTS etc.

UPDATE: Released Jan 14th, see here for more info.

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KMRY_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KMRY_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KMRY_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KMRY_03.jpg

KSEZ Sedona Airport

Quad Installer Update

UPDATE: Released Jan 9th, see here for more info.

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KSEZ_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KSEZ_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KSEZ_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KSEZ_03.jpg

KRDD Redding Municipal & O85 Benton Field

Quad Installer Update

UPDATE: Released Jan 21st, see here for more info.

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KRDD_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KRDD_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KRDD_03.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_KRDD_04.jpg

YBCS Cairns International

Quad Installer Update

UPDATE: Released Jan 24th, see here for more info.

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBCS_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBCS_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBCS_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBCS_03.jpg

YBRM Broome International

Quad Installer Update

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBRM_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBRM_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBRM_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBRM_03.jpg

YPJT Jandakot Airport

Quad Installer Update

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YPJT_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YPJT_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YPJT_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YPJT_03.jpg

74S Anacortes Airport

Greg from Turbulent Designs has been working very hard on not only the Prepar3D v2 updates, but also v3 compatibility too. As you may have seen from other preview screenshots over the past couple of weeks, testing for the 74S Quad Installer is well under way. 

Quad_Installers_1600x900_74S_00.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_74S_01.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_74S_02.jpg

Quad_Installers_1600x900_74S_03.jpg

KSFF Felts Field Spokane & KBZN Bozeman Yellowstone International

As has been discussed recently, the Turbulent Designs team are looking after the final remaining v2 Triple Installers, which include KSFF and KBZN. As is evident by the vast volume of updates and new airports being released, these guys are working extremely hard to get these updates done as fast as possible; of course the v3 updates will also be included as part of these service packs. 

As each of these updates gets closer to release, be sure to keep an eye out for more previews from our Screenshot Artists. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Ha. That 's what I was going to say cabnz.  The shots look amazing.  I am still running P3D V2.5 mainly because I hadn't used it much at all and wanted to get some use of it before I jump on the P3D V3 bandwagon, but I might just hurry and jump on that wagon after seeing these shots.  Actually I'm also still making use of my original FSX, and very recently FSX:SE.

All of the work going on to upgrade these and the rest of the ORBX catalogue to work seamlessly with upgraded sims is very much appreciated.  

Cheers,

Jarrad, this is an update I've been waiting for. Contains quite a number of my favorites like KJAC, KPSP, KMRY... Many, many, thanks for your hard word.

And  if you're done with these, we certainly wouldn't mind something new from your shop :-)

Kind regards, Michael.

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Jarrad, this is an update I've been waiting for. Contains quite a number of my favorites like KJAC, KPSP, KMRY... Many, many, thanks for your hard word.

I wish to echo these sentiments.  Many, many thanks.

Great news that the last few P3D v2 updates are finally coming out, and they're v3 ready too!

I hope the v3 update process doesn't drag on like the v2 updates did, which frankly put me off the whole P3D platform.

Many thanks Jarrad for this very informative update on these airports.

Plenty of work involved here which is greatly appreciated.

Shall look forwards to flying at these airports in V3.0 when they come available.

8 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

Ha. That 's what I was going to say cabnz.  The shots look amazing.  I am still running P3D V2.5 mainly because I hadn't used it much at all and wanted to get some use of it before I jump on the P3D V3 bandwagon, but I might just hurry and jump on that wagon after seeing these shots.  Actually I'm also still making use of my original FSX, and very recently FSX:SE.

All of the work going on to upgrade these and the rest of the ORBX catalogue to work seamlessly with upgraded sims is very much appreciated.  

Cheers,

Almost the same for me Scott except no FSX SE but have V3.0 up and running. Worth buying V3.0 as there are so many ORBX releases already out there with quad installers.

What a portfolio! And to think it all started at Jandakot. I will add my post to the others thanking you and your team of helpers who are doing a great job of bringing these fields into the current sims. Much appreciated of the update as to where all these fields are at in the process. 

Thanks for the nice feedback guys :)

18 hours ago, pmb said:

And  if you're done with these, we certainly wouldn't mind something new from your shop :-)

No worries at all Michael, I've always got something new cooking in the background :)

10 hours ago, tttocs said:

Excellent news, Jarrad.  One quick question - do you know if the runway texture issue at Felts will be fixed when the new installer is created?  If you're not sure what issue I'm referring to, see: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/57210-ksff-runway-markings/#comment-513996

Thanks for the reminder Scott - I've put it on the to-do list for the KSFF update.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Outstanding news, Jarrad.  Thanks for your and all the developers time and effort.  I've been a holdout on making the P3D migration for a few reasons (primarily the thousands of dollars in FSX-era addons I have that aren't P3D friendly yet), but the upgrade of all the ORBX products to P3Dv3 is going to make me do the transition.  Building a new flight sim uber computer to make the move to P3Dv3 right after Christmas.  Great work and customer support on ORBX's part in doing all of these updates.

Orbx's very high add-on quality is what led me to first purchase one of their products.  I have been pleasantly surprised with the breadth and scope of their continued development, and look forward to many new product purchases.

With their dedication to updates like we have seen for these newer versions of FS software, either FSX Steam or P3D versions, it has become clear that Orbx's provides the best value for a simmer's dollar, as well.

When your customers are just grateful to be customers (like me), you are doing something right.

Thanks, Orbx and Full Terrain team!

-KH

FSS0406551

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

Hi,

would it be possible for the new KPSP installer to solve this long-standing support issue between KPSP and VECTOR

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/106505-kpsp-los-angeles-expands-out-toward-catalina/#comment-960056?

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

2nd sentence in the KPSP post Jarrad made said.... LA Coastline fix (for Vector users)....  ;)

Hi Jarrad,

firstly, let me add my thanks and appreciation to you and all the other folks putting this fantastic world together. Wonderful stuff, and it's going to take up a vast amount of my retirement just floating around across it all.

I also have a question. I am primarily using P3D 2.5 and wherever I find an add-on (aircraft or scenery) that apparently won't install to it I have been getting round that either by manually copy files/directories etc across from my FSX/SE installation or using something called the "FSX to P3D Migration Tool" which spoofs the installer to think it's installing to FSX. I see you talk about updates to various ORBX airports I have installed, but does that mean updates to the actual sceneries or just the installers? Presumably my FTX Central would automatically update anything that needed it?

(If this is the wrong place to post this question, my apologies, and feel free to delete/ignore this)

Again, many thanks and keep up the excellent work,

Andy

Thanks again guys :)

On 06/12/2015 at 11:21 PM, Ste_88 said:

Really Happy for my favourite airport KPSP. Just a quick question, KPSP update will be available as soon as Southern California scenery will be released?

Sorry for the late reply Stefano - I missed your question earlier. At this stage it will be looking like the SCA will be released before the KPSP patch - this is due to the fact that the testing team are focusing much of their energy on preparing SCA. But all things going well, the KPSP patch will not be very far behind.

23 hours ago, B77X said:

Can you add photo ocean textures for the reefs off the coast of AUS especially in the YBCS package?

G'day B77X, I'm not sure if you're aware already, but YBCS already includes a large section of lower-resolution photoreal for the Great Barrier Reef. This encompasses a stretch of the reef approx 250km in length, from Palm Island through to Port Douglas - I've attached a shot from Green Island looking north.

Quad_Installers_1600x900_YBCS_04.jpg

On 14/12/2015 at 1:25 AM, andy1252 said:

I also have a question. I am primarily using P3D 2.5 and wherever I find an add-on (aircraft or scenery) that apparently won't install to it I have been getting round that either by manually copy files/directories etc across from my FSX/SE installation or using something called the "FSX to P3D Migration Tool" which spoofs the installer to think it's installing to FSX. I see you talk about updates to various ORBX airports I have installed, but does that mean updates to the actual sceneries or just the installers? Presumably my FTX Central would automatically update anything that needed it?

G'day Andy,

For the airports you already own and use in P3Dv2, some of these new installers will include updated content for FSX & P3Dv2, whilst others will only update the product to install and work correctly in V3 - my product rundown in the opening post will give you a good idea of what to expect. Otherwise, it's worth keeping an eye on our release announcements forum - each new announcement topic will give you the information on updates (if any) to FSX/V2 installers.

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2015 at 8:49 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Andy,

For the airports you already own and use in P3Dv2, some of these new installers will include updated content for FSX & P3Dv2, whilst others will only update the product to install and work correctly in V3 - my product rundown in the opening post will give you a good idea of what to expect. Otherwise, it's worth keeping an eye on our release announcements forum - each new announcement topic will give you the information on updates (if any) to FSX/V2 installers.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

sorry about the delay in acknowledging your reply - I'm new to this forum lark generally and haven't got used to the whole notifications and replies bit yet. But thank you for your reply and I'll go back now and read through your initial post more carefully.

cheers,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like "1.25" for Cairns was another "typo" in the Cairns preview screenshots, the correct version number is apparently 1.20.  The same confusion also occurred with KJAC as reported here--the KJAC preview screenshots said 1.15, but the actual number is 1.10.

Apparently, there were no functional enhancements/updates made to the Cairns and Jackson Hole airports, and Orbx now avoids updating version numbers if the only update is P3Dv3 installer support (to help prevent unnecessary downloads by users who don't run P3Dv3).

Archived