I was kinda hoping that HD Trees, would be released this weekend...

Orbx Flyer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, thanks again for your patience.  I had been told that FSS would have it out by Sunday evening Australia time, so that's the information I was going off of, but as you know it's now almost 2 am in Australia.  I've sent Adrian an email asking for an updated timeframe but haven't heard back, so either he's still working hard on getting it out the door tonight, or he'll be getting to it tomorrow morning.

For those of you who have been waiting anxiously all weekend, please accept my heartfelt apology.  I sent my files out for release two days ago and felt confident that they would get out the door sooner than this, but as you know sometimes the world has other ideas.

So please continue to sit tight; it'll be out shortly, but exactly when I cannot say.

Patience is a virtue. I'm going to avoid the rush and wait a week or so after it goes on sale to buy it. I expect a new 'downloading problems at the Flightsim Store' thread will be gracing these pages complete with 'is the server down?' to 'why are my downloads so slow? I still can't get more than a gigabyte per second from my Acme Whiz-Bang downloader.'

Shakespeare said it best in A Midsummer Night's Dream when Puck remarked, "What fools these mortals be."

Noel

Hi all, thanks again for your patience.  I had been told that FSS would have it out by Sunday evening Australia time, so that's the information I was going off of, but as you know it's now almost 2 am in Australia.  I've sent Adrian an email asking for an updated timeframe but haven't heard back, so either he's still working hard on getting it out the door tonight, or he'll be getting to it tomorrow morning.

For those of you who have been waiting anxiously all weekend, please accept my heartfelt apology.  I sent my files out for release two days ago and felt confident that they would get out the door sooner than this, but as you know sometimes the world has other ideas.

So please continue to sit tight; it'll be out shortly, but exactly when I cannot say.

Thanks Scott....It is always great fun waiting for someone to hit the "Go" button. Like having Christmas in slow motion!!

I don't really wish to add to the agony, honest  ;D   ... but, another to look at while the wait continues... it really will be worth it.

The extra detail makes even the lowest flight a treat... and I love nothing more than skimming the tree-tops in the Trike [all shots in P3Dv2.5]
56c1c278b6d7ecc25a1ebca97fa7b260.jpg

31f8139026d45b05d8843360d6dd8649.jpg

I just don't get why Orbx only use FSS as their sole download distributor. I use Justflight for most of my simming needs these days but only use FSS for my Orbx stuff, unfortunately. Anyways, here's to TREES!!! in HD!!!

Very nice, well if I ever lose an engine I'll have some really nice looking trees to crash into 8)  Let's hope that doesn't happen :wacko:

Cheers

Martin

If you're gonna do a face-plant...at least wait until October...it's always nice to add a little color to your cheeks....you know, red, auburn...

I just don't get why Orbx only use FSS as their sole download distributor. I use Justflight for most of my simming needs these days but only use FSS for my Orbx stuff, unfortunately. Anyways, here's to TREES!!! in HD!!!

Bed Partners, perhaps...you scratch my itch...and where's that itch on your back?....;)

Thanks for the patience guys, we were aware that Adrian wasn't available for most of the weekend and were hoping that the Sunday evening timeframe could have been made.

Unfortunately that hasn't happened, but it is with worth the wait, albeit a bit longer than anticipated.

Hi All,

My apologies for the delay in releasing FTX: Trees HD. I was all ready to go yesterday afternoon when I arrived back from a trip down to the Australian capitol but as I sat down to my workstation to get to work on release I found that my office internet connection was down. Upon calling my ISP I was told that there was work being done to the rim down the street and that the outage would be just a few hours longer. Come 11pm and still no joy.

Normally I have a wireless backup that I could have used but I've loaned this out to one of my employees, so I was pretty much stuck.

Good news is, I woke up this morning and things were back to normal, so I got everything sorted for release straight away and you can find it here:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=3301

Hi Adrian,

I don't think anyone has a problem with the delay. We all had a lot of fun waiting for what seems to be an incredible addition to our flight sim experience.

I just downloaded Trees HD, took just a minute or two and is now installed.

Thank you for everything.

Now I have to go play :)

Roger

Thanks Adrian, (bl**dy Telstra >:( ) all is forgiven I'm sure. I've just downloaded it here at work but now have wait until I get the file home tonight to enjoy it !! Oh well it will be worth the wait.

PS: Maybe I could sneak an early mark... Oh no, I brought the boss to work in my car, so that's out !!

Adrian,

No apoligies required sir, we know that if there is a delay or problem that there is a good reason and that you will get things done as quickly as is possible.

Hard though when so many are sooo eager.

Purchased and downloaded, but I can not get Validation.  Keep getting "Validation failed: Timed out on connecting . . .

Edit - ok  - got it through after about 8-10 tries.

Congrats guys.

No worries, thanks for getting it to us as soon as you could. It maybe just a little after midnight here but as I don't have work in the morning so I'm still calling it the weekend. I'm all installed so just want to say another massive thank you to both Scott and Eugene for building us this upgrade to the sim and to Orbx and it's dedicated team of visionaries. Now it's time for me to burn some midnight oil of my own so I bid you guys all goodnight, it's been fun waiting together but now it's time to experience the real thing for ourselves...what a nice feeling, eh?! 😃

Purchased but cannot get into my account to download. Response time is non existent af FSS at the moment.

It did take me several minutes--much longer than usual--to complete my purchase, indeed...managed to download/install, now enjoying the beautiful trees!

Archived