I was kinda hoping that HD Trees, would be released this weekend...

Orbx Flyer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

There was a post here that said about using other sites to download Orbx software.well i just Paid,downloaded and installed HDtrees in less than 3 minutes

Flightsimstore is fantastic and i can redownload whenever i want.never had a problem ,not once, am i just lucky ...no i just think there very good at what they do.

steve

I installed...it seemed to work well.  I have the HD trees checked off...and went for a spin in FSX:MS

My FPS have tanked...at an airport that I got previously (with no changes to any sliders..(22)...I am now only getting 7-9 FPS with severe stutters.

The trees look like nothing, of what the ORBX screen shots showed as A/B/    What has happened?   Wow.....

I'm going to reboot my system, and see what happens.  I hope this improves via a system reboot.

Another fantastic job guys!!!

They look great!!

Thanks!!

They do?!?!?  Mine look like they are dead....even when having gone to Summer season.

My FPS have not gone up at all by any amount...but rather...have tanked to 7 FPS.  I just rebooted my system, and reinstalled the ORBX libraries...and hope that this fixes things.  I had pretty good looking trees before I installed the FTX HD ones....

This is not what I was expecting...

They do?!?!?  Mine look like they are dead....even when having gone to Summer season.

My FPS have not gone up at all by any amount...but rather...have tanked to 7 FPS.  I just rebooted my system, and reinstalled the ORBX libraries...and hope that this fixes things.  I had pretty good looking trees before I installed the FTX HD ones....

This is not what I was expecting...

Everything works fine at my end... Can you give us a few screenshots to see what might've gone wrong?

Tym

I am running P3D1.4 and I got a performance jump in South Germany (Global+Vector+OpenLC, moderate settings) from around 20 fps to something between 50 and 76 just by installing them. My machine is a i7-3930k with a Geforce 580. That's crazy!

All trees? Then why do the old trees still exist they haven't changed? This is not a tree replacement but a tree addition .

It is a tree replacement, no new trees are added existing textures are just replaced. Unless you are looking at custom autogen that Trees HD was not intended to modify all tree textures should be replaced. That includes all trees in default, Global, and regions.

It is a tree replacement, no new trees are added existing textures are just replaced. Unless you are looking at custom autogen that Trees HD was not intended to modify all tree textures should be replaced. That includes all trees in default, Global, and regions.

I did a before and after shot and I see the addition of new trees but the old trees are still the same and standing in the same place.

Before and after. Some of the branches have changed on the old trees but it looks more like an addition.

2015-4-12_20-3-22-800.png2015-4-12_19-58-27-173.png

The screenshots don't show any new trees added, just texture changes as described. Looking from the top shot to the bottom a 1:1 replacement can be seen.

Compare the evergreen branches from the first screenshot to the second, the second is far less blocky and shows real detail instead of blurry green. Still the same trees, just higher resolution.

Edit: Here's a comparison I thought of just a minute ago, the screenshots are so perfectly aligned that a GIF can be made from them to illustrate the difference.

titJIqp.gif

Before and after. Some of the branches have changed on the old trees but it looks more like an addition.

Hi Double J,

Yes, those are the new textures.  It's important to note that Trees HD won't change the location of trees, add extra tree density, or anything like that.  What it does do is replace your old tree textures with more realistic, higher resolution ones.  Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably biased in this matter, but I for one can see a nice improvement from the top to the bottom in your shots! :)  The difference is most striking when you're a little bit closer too, and can see the extra detail.  Also, try comparing them in autumn and spring, which now both have much more realistic hues.  Hope that helps :)

Hi Double J,

Yes, those are the new textures.  It's important to note that Trees HD won't change the location of trees, add extra tree density, or anything like that.  What it does do is replace your old tree textures with more realistic, higher resolution ones.  Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably biased in this matter, but I for one can see a nice improvement from the top to the bottom in your shots! :)  The difference is most striking when you're a little bit closer too, and can see the extra detail.  Also, try comparing them in autumn and spring, which now both have much more realistic hues.  Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the hard work and a very nice improvement for us low and slow guys especially. Sorry there is some much misunderstanding of what you have done here. They will get it figured out sooner or later. LOL

Are the 20% FPS increase in comparison to standard trees or in comparison to the old FTX Trees?

Both standard and old FTX trees.  Keep in mind that the key words are UP TO 20% increase, so please manage your expectations.  But the testers, myself, and many users so far have reported typical gains around the 10-20% range, at least when FPS are lower to begin with.  If your FPS are already above 50 or so, the percentage increase tends to not be as drastic.  A 20% increase from 30 fps is 36 fps, so don't go expecting your FPS to climb through the stratosphere, but you should pick up a few FPS in most situations.  Hope that answers your question :)

Archived