Taa very much for your Friendship

VH-KDK

A flight from Tamworth to Port Macquarie in a Trans Australian Airlines Fokker F-27 Friendship.

The F-27 was a very popular aircraft in Australia operating with many airlines on the shorter routes. I did fly in an Ansett F-27 from Melbourne to Sydney via Albury in 1984.

1.MUlym.jpg

2.H3Aog.jpg

3.jSopi.jpg

4.IXxy.jpg

5.SGWD.jpg

6.vV8tk.jpg

7.zOqiT.jpg

8.3gT6C.jpg

9.HVUlR.jpg

10.0xnU.jpg

HI Martyn..I want the Friendship mate..freeware or payware..where do i get it.

been looking for one for a while..thought i read somewhere a while ago a payware one was coming out.

My Dad flew one for years for NAC in NZ...he even flew the Queen and Royal family around NZ in one in 1970 !! 

cheers stu

Indeed thanks for the memories - the F27 replaced the DC-3 in TAA and Ansett fleets both in Australia and their subsidiary airlines in the Territory of Papua and New Guinea - anyone who flew regional Oz or TPNG routes in the late 1950s to late 1970s would have traveled in one of these very reliable, comfortable, fast but pretty noisy aircraft - I forget how many flights I enjoyed in them :lol:

Great set these Martyn.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

been looking for one for a while..thought i read somewhere a while ago a payware one was coming out.

My Dad flew one for years for NAC in NZ...he even flew the Queen and Royal family around NZ in one in 1970 !! 

cheers stu

It's a pretty basic freeware model Stu, like a lot of the ones I fly I just like to see the actual aircraft flying and manage the best I can with the cockpit.

Interesting story about your dad. He must have been extremely well regarded to have flown the Royals around.

Very surprised there is no payware F-27(FH-227) or F-28 yet as they were widely used around the world.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=29689441

Great Shots Martyn, I had a few FL YSCB to YSSY TAA, and on the East-West YMAY to YSSY !!!! 

Good old memories,

Regards Shaun. 

Thanks Shaun, saw them all over our great land, even at Jim Jim in the NT.Lucky to have had a couple of flight too.

Nice set

Thanks Taph

Indeed thanks for the memories - the F27 replaced the DC-3 in TAA and Ansett fleets both in Australia and their subsidiary airlines in the Territory of Papua and New Guinea - anyone who flew regional Oz or TPNG routes in the late 1950s to late 1970s would have traveled in one of these very reliable, comfortable, fast but pretty noisy aircraft - I forget how many flights I enjoyed in them :lol:

Thanks Mr T.

Not sure of any other locations but there is a thread on the SOH FSX forum with links.

Thanks Pat, I shall repeat the link

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=29689441

Thanks for the comments Gents. This one has certainly generated some interest as well as stirring some memories.

I was load controller on these back in the eighties, both in Alice springs and Launceston.. Flew from Sydney to the Alice in one which landed at Birdsville for fuel.. Not a soul about, and the Pilot and FO had to hand pump the fuel from forty four gallon drums..Ah, happy days. Teecee.

http://www.calclassic.com/

Cal Classics has some other F-27s

cheers stu

Not sure of any other locations but there is a thread on the SOH FSX forum with links.

• 3 months later...

I was load controller on these back in the eighties, both in Alice springs and Launceston.. Flew from Sydney to the Alice in one which landed at Birdsville for fuel.. Not a soul about, and the Pilot and FO had to hand pump the fuel from forty four gallon drums..Ah, happy days. Teecee.

I hope it was Jet and not Avgas.

Nice little Fokker there, mate  ;D

Careful, this little Fokker may just be a Fairchild ???

A great set of shots from this famous airplane, still waiting for the JustFlight version.

Cheers,

Ruud 

I hope it was Jet and not Avgas.

I missed this! This is what I call a beautiful set! :)

Very nice.

+ 2!

Many thanks for your comments Gents.

Archived