Smokejumpers, Cobras and the Aussie Connection [Redding Preview No. 2]

G'day Everyone,

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback to my first batch of Redding preview shots last week. Things are progressing very well behind the scenes, with final beta candidate going into the hands of our beta testers very shortly. In the mean time, I thought I'd showcase some of the areas not yet revealed around Redding; most important of which being the Fire Attack Base at KRDD. Smoke Jumpers, Fire Attack Aircraft and associated infrastructure dominate the northern section of Redding Airport, and in addition to the buildings themselves, I've custom modeled S-2 Turbo Tracker and Bell 209 Fire Cobra aircraft specifically for this package. Outside the airport itself, I've also decided to showcase different sections of the very large coverage area - locals may spot a few known landmarks along the way.

Cheers!

Jarrad

5xdl.jpg

tjDRs.jpg

fLeG.jpg

ZOk4x.jpg

Dmw9.jpg

eKr.jpg

ecuXN.jpg

KpeLa.jpg

KWaw0.jpg

YFxPM.jpg

mlKYw.jpg

5fWE6.jpg

YBQWH.jpg

1o4Ej.jpg

Is that a 3rd airfield I see in the 12th shot?

I finally recognized it!  It's actually a small strip behind a Hobby Shop used for RC aircraft.  Drive right by it every week or so.  Nice touch.  Also the Leah Ranch (McConnel Foundation) with its ponds show very well, and, and .........amazing!

I''ve still got a spending hangover from Christmas, but of course you're forcing me to get this :)

That Turbo Tracker looks beautiful. Too beautiful to just sit on the ramp. It would be quite a treat just to see it doing touch and goes as an AI aircraft.

That Turbo Tracker looks beautiful. Too beautiful to just sit on the ramp. It would be quite a treat just to see it doing touch and goes as an AI aircraft.

Flyable tracker available here!  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?83489-Grumman-S2T-CDF-Tankers-for-FSX-Port-V1-1-zip

It's a fun plane to fly.  I'm thinking of grabbing Redding when it comes out to fly some Cal Fire and Aero Union aircraft out of...

What I like is what I dont see...meaning all the great Orbx perfected baked shadows.  Means this will look great in P3Dv2!  Also whats with all curvy concrete/taxiways (?) to the right of the threshold for rwy 30?

Kilstorm, that's actually a GoKart racing track to the east of the runways.  Just north of that is a drag strip for weekend fun!

Thanks guys :) 

Jarrad, will you include a version/installer for us poor Prepar3dv2 users?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Not for this release sorry Michael. There are still a couple of outstanding issues outside of my control that will need to be fixed before I can release a P3D2 version that I'd be happy with. 

I''ve still got a spending hangover from Christmas, but of course you're forcing me to get this :)

No worries, Graham and I are working an update to his excellent freeware NA AI package, included will be a couple of fire attack aircraft. 

Nice job Jarrad !

Is this a Canberra PR9 between runway 30 and 34 ?

It is indeed - an ex-RAAF Mk.20 that has been sitting idle there for a couple of years, waiting for a little TLC. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarred,

This is awesome!!!!!

I'm speechless agaiiiiiiin!

I'll buy Redding right away!

And your next project, and the upcoming aswell, just all of them.

I don't even need pictures to know that it is superb!

I'll trust you.

Hehehe

Dan

The detail that has gone into this is absolutely magnificent. Even down to the correct writing on the fuel storage containers and the 3D air conditioners on the roofs, simply amazing. I could sit for hours just watching traffic come and go from that airport and the surrounding area. :)

Hi Jarrad,

The more and more I dive into the history of A84-229 the more she becomes such a very interesting and tragic story.  I say tragic because of the outcome of an aircraft that is/was could have kept flying. 

Here is some more history.  http://www.bywat.co.uk/229-story.html  

Cheers.

Tim...

p.s. Love your work. 

Archived