FTX Global - Paderborn Germany

I was just doing some pre-beta testing of the new FTX Central Hybrid Mode and loaded up Paderborn Germany. I thought the area looked very cool so I began to press the "v" key. Here's the results:

98UBw.jpg

gULes.jpg

dhRym.jpg

LHxPE.jpg

Ti2P.jpg

YGeEp.jpg

P.S.... Just in case you're wondering ... these shots are taken with FTX Central set to "FTX Global" and the "Hybrid Mode" option ticked. This means all FTX regions (i.e. England, Wales, Scotland, PNW, Australia, NZ) are active and working and I've flown across from England to Germany without touching FTX Central. You can now fly all over the world without needing to switch regions. Cool huh?

So I could fly eastwards from the PNW region, across FTX Global USA then across the Atlantic to EU Britain, and on over FTX Global France...all without ever touching FTX Central ? Or can you still only have one FTX Region active ?

EDIT: Just read JV's P.S. again. All FTX regions can be active. Question answered. :)

That's absolutely fantastic John! A huge congratulations, really, on cracking that nut! We all know that was a real big headache for you but you've actually succeeded and done it! Hats off! A great moment in Orbx history and a milestone to be proud of. We share your evident joy and happiness over this. Around the world with no switching! Yipeeeeeee! Nice one mate! :D

Cheers,

Sid

P.S. Germany seems to have been given some pretty sweet treatment. That's actually some of the most impressive shots I've seen yet! Really does look authentic of Germany! Please can we get a couple of India and sub-Saharan Africa before release? Just a little taste to get salivating? I'll ask nicely...Pretty please? Pretty, pretty please? ;) Go on, you know you want to! Show it off, just a little more. We cannot wait for the world (fsx/p3d world, that is) to change so it keeps us sweet and the excitement going till release you see. I'll grow up again now. Huhum! Thanks for the preview! Cool idea with the choice of this location by the way. Tickled me ;)  ::) .

Cheers again,

Sid :D

I come from and live in Germany, although not in Paderborn. But having been there recently all I can say is "WOW".

The scenery shown here looks very much German and typical for landscapes in that area, especially the farmig fields in shots #1 and 3.

And congrats to "cracking the FTXCentral-nut" :)

Very well done, FTXG-team!

Hi John,

nice shots and nice P.S. :)

What can we change in FTC Central? Will there be any further feature modes to change? Great that you found a solution now to avoid the switching!! :)

brgds,

Axel

John - that looks beautiful, and a very elegant solution to the switching problem. 8)

Out of curiosity, is there any increase in terrain loading times when loading a flight with Hybrid Mode active, and if so do you have an idea of how much?  It seems like different FTX regions currently have different loading times, but I will admit that may just be my imagination...

Is there a tradeoff to having Hybrid mode active all the time, or would we want to switch it off unless we need it?

Thanks for the team's hard work - this is very exciting!

looks great, the credit card is ready, the engines have been primed for my round the world flight, can I pretty please see some screenshots from three areas, if I might ask:

1:) African Savannah

2.) south Florida or the keys

3.)central Alaska around the Alaska range.

I've liked everything so far, so I can't imagine I will be dissapointed

Obviously I'm a buyer of this . Has to be the best value for money possible in simworld

The work looks stunnnig .

I am curious though about the "Hybrid" switch . If we can have all regions running why have the switch at all . Why not just "Default" and "FTX" . 

This really and indeed is the best virtual representation of this particular region i have seen so far in FSX.

It really looks amazing!

Looking forward now to the release - and more screenies in between!

Astonishing work!

Cheers, Christoph

looks great, the credit card is ready, the engines have been primed for my round the world flight, can I pretty please see some screenshots from three areas, if I might ask:

1:) African Savannah

2.) south Florida or the keys

3.)central Alaska around the Alaska range.

I've liked everything so far, so I can't imagine I will be dissapointed

+1

This means all FTX regions (i.e. England, Wales, Scotland, PNW, Australia, NZ) are active and working and I've flown across from England to Germany without touching FTX Central. You can now fly all over the world without needing to switch regions. Cool huh?

SUPER convinient that we don't really have to touch the Central anymore!

Looking awesome! Can't wait to see it all on my own PC without those purple skies!  ::);)

About that hybrid setting: JV said this elsewhere on June 4th:

I have tasked our best man Holger Sandmann with the job of creating a "hybrid" version of lclookup.bgl which takes the 'best bits' from each of the NA, AU, NZ and EU regions and implements a new file that plays nicer outside FTX. Whilst it won't be a perfect solution it will minimise some of the disruptions to FSX default scenery our new EU customers are seeing in Greece, the Middle East etc.

I wonder if the solution still isn't perfect...? Or is it by now? Does it simply enable all FTX regions together with FTXG or does it do some trick...? I've read the above sentence about 10 times but still don't fully understand it. ;)

I am deeply impressed! Living nearby Paderborn, I have to say, I am close to be addicted to these great work! Just bought England some days ago, and I am thrilled.

BTW: Choosing Paderborn, is it concerned with Aerosofts homebase ;)  ?

About that hybrid setting: JV said this elsewhere on June 4th:

I have tasked our best man Holger Sandmann with the job of creating a "hybrid" version of lclookup.bgl which takes the 'best bits' from each of the NA, AU, NZ and EU regions and implements a new file that plays nicer outside FTX. Whilst it won't be a perfect solution it will minimise some of the disruptions to FSX default scenery our new EU customers are seeing in Greece, the Middle East etc.

I wonder if the solution still isn't perfect...? Or is it by now? Does it simply enable all FTX regions together with FTXG or does it do some trick...? I've read the above sentence about 10 times but still don't fully understand it. ;)

I also try to understand the Hybrid mode, but it is not yet clear to me.

John, do you mean that choosing the 'FTX region' mode gives a better visual result for that region than using the hybrid mode (when in an Orbx region)?

Archived