FTX Global - Paderborn Germany

I will create a separate topic on Hybrid Mode once we finish testing it fully. I'll include screenshots of the FTX Central interface changes and explain how to use it in simple terms. Give us a few days to settle the code down though :)

Really looking forward to create GA airfields close to the Alps - a gate to GA flyers paradise 8) .

That's fine with me as long as you all make sure someone else will be creating airports for (southern) Norway ASAP!!! 8) Check my sig, I am serious. ;)

That's fine with me as long as you all make sure someone else will be creating airports for (southern) Norway ASAP!!! 8) Check my sig, I am serious. ;)

Yes, we are waiting in patience! One day we hope we will get this lovely area simulated.  ::)

Here is some inspiration: -> A "360 bird's eye view" let you see the region as you have never seen it before.

http://www.fjordnorway.com/360/fjordnorge/#/fjordnorge28

http://www.fjordnorway.com/360/fjordnorge/#/fjordnorge19

Yes, we are waiting in patience!

Well, maybe you are, but I'm not! 8)

Wow, awesome! Is there any way I can get access to the other numbers (since these are 28 and 19 I suppose there are more?)! EDIT Found them already! When you click on the map icon in the lower right corner, you get a map and when you zoom out you will see all alvailable 360 pictures! Cool!

I've been looking for a long time for some high quality videos of Norway but can't find any (unfortunately, not even for sale! If anyone has suggestions...!) but these 360 shots are very nice! If you have any more links to similar 360 pictures from Norway, please let me know!!! EDIT Just found there: never seen this before! Videos (!) in which you can look around 360 degrees!!! http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Games-and-more/Geiranger-video-in-360/ and http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Games-and-more/Wingsuit-Video/ (Sorry for going so OT!)

To be honest, i was thinking about Norway as well... If there are suitable airfields in a nice surrounding (maybe Milford Sound style) and we can get good satellite images and ground photos, it would be sure on my list 8) . Any suggestions ?

To be honest, i was thinking about Norway as well... If there are suitable airfields in a nice surrounding (maybe Milford Sound style) and we can get good satellite images and ground photos, it would be sure on my list 8) . Any suggestions ?

I'd be up for the ground photography! ;)

I've been looking for a long time for some high quality videos of Norway but can't find any (unfortunately, not even for sale! If anyone has suggestions...!) but these 360 shots are very nice!

J van E - if you don't hate train - I would recommend this fascinating experience through Norwegian nature. I have downloaded them all (they are free).

Download Bergensbanen in HD (7 hours +)

1280×720 version, 22 GB file.

http://nrkbeta.no/2009/12/18/bergensbanen-eng/

Review:

"This is one of the greatest ambient videos EVER. The Bergensbanen (train ride from Bergen to Oslo, Norway) has been listed as one of the top 10 in the world, especially for scenery. Anyone who has taken this train (and I have) will tell you that it is a spectacular journey. Here, you have a view from the front of the train itself, providing a perspective that passengers never get. Fjords, inland lakes, mountains, fall leaves and snow. And yes, Star Wars fans can see Hoth. What a fabulous 7.5 hours -- all free and legally downloadable. Tusen takk, NRKBeta!"

Frank Eivind Rundholt made a fast forward version of it that only last 7 minutes and 14 seconds:

--

Download Flåmsbana in 2D and 3D:

http://nrkbeta.no/2010/09/03/last-ned-flaamsbana-i-2d-og-3d/

Download Nordlandsbanen: minute by minute, season by season:

http://nrkbeta.no/2013/01/15/nordlandsbanen-minute-by-minute-season-by-season/

Then you are ready for NOS Norway South......

J van E - if you don't hate train - I would recommend this fascinating experience through Norwegian nature. I have downloaded them all (they are free).

Download Bergensbanen in HD (7 hours +)

1280×720 version, 22 GB file.

Wow, cool, thanks!!! I am (trying to) download as we speak: the file isn't 22 GB but 224 GB...!!! And it's a torrent download so even though I have a fast connection (I can download from usenet at 7.5 MB/s) this one has an estimated downloadtime of 2 days and 7 hours... LOL DOn't know if I can make it happen. And it will fill my 1 TB hard disk quicly. But thanks for the very interesting links!

EDIT O, wait there also is a 720p version which is indeed 22 Gb. ;) I was looking at the full HD version!

EDIT 2 Found the 22 GB file on Usenet too: will be downloaded within 45 minutes here. ;)

You should check out http://www.avinor.no

It's the Norwegian aviation authoritie's website, also available in English. You can check out (almost) all the commercial airports in Norway, and yeah we do have a lot of short fields.

Choose airport and go to About Us -> Press. There you will find photos which will give you an overview of the selected airport.

ORBX-ish airports:

• Fagernes Airport, Leirin
  • Førde Airport, Bringeland
  • Røros Airport

But the real gems are located in the northern part of Norway. And there are of course a lot of GA fields in Norway as well. You should contact freeware developer Jan Nordberg, as he does have a lot of information and photographs of Norwegian GA fields..

Yes, we are waiting in patience! One day we hope we will get this lovely area simulated.  ::)

Here is some inspiration: -> A "360 bird's eye view" let you see the region as you have never seen it before.

http://www.fjordnorway.com/360/fjordnorge/#/fjordnorge28

http://www.fjordnorway.com/360/fjordnorge/#/fjordnorge19

Wow those 360 views are absolutely stunning!  FTX Norway is definitely on my radar screen....after FTX Global of course!!

This thread on Paderborn has been Hi jacked , why didn't the above start a new  Topic - Thread.

Personally I wish that ORBX would have done Germany  instead of Norway , would have made more

commercial sense sales wise.

Love to get some German airfields , hopefully some might be paved  and 3,000' to about 6,000' long.

Cheers

Karol

I wish that ORBX would have done Germany  instead of Norway , would have made more

commercial sense sales wise.

Not too sure about that because there already are a LOT of scenery addons for Germany. For Norway there are only a few payware airports and then there is freeware... nothing like there is for Germany!

Please refer to the following link.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/51030-ftx-england-breaks-all-sales-records-for-orbx/

There are a small number of countries that are in high demand by flight simmers , the above link is 

an indication of that fact.

As was indicated the England sales exceeded those of the USA scenery , I think that might have

surprised some , it wasn't a surprise to me and quite a few who have followed threads here.

I feel sure that the most in demand countries in order of popularity would be:

1. Germany.

2. Switzerland.

3. France.

I have nothing against Norway , I have never flown there in the sim , nor have any real desire

to do so , therefore will not get it.

Norway may be nice , but it's not a major airline traffic hub , nor is it at the forefront of

international recognition , thus its sales will only be to a small  nitch market.

The FTX by ORBX is the standard bearer of scenery , in my opinion it is head and shoulders

above other scenery producers , if ORBX produce any of the above three , then I will

purchase them immediately , just as I did with England , Wales and Scotland.

Those 3 countries would sell like hotcakes.

Cheers

Karol

Ease up Karol, we hear you :)

FTX Global Germany will be pretty spectacular, let me say that now. Then add any number of LC/vector addons and it adds up to a very compelling rendition. Once we do our openLC for it you'll be very happy indeed. OK, so it's not an FTX full-fat region but it will suffice until we get around to it.

Norway may be nice , but it's not a major airline traffic hub , nor is it at the forefront of

international recognition , thus its sales will only be to a small  nitch market.

Since Orbx main focus is GA flying, I think this isn't of any real importance for Orbx... Looking at the reactions, I think Norway South will sell really well. The countries you mentioned will obviously sell well too but as I said, there are already a lot of sceneries for those countries, even sceneries that are called better then Orbx scenery by some (although that will always be a subjective matter of course) because they combine Orbx-like autogen with photoreal. Then again, there also already was scenery like that for England and you said England sold very well nonetheless... which shows you can never tell what's going to happen. ;)

Ease up Karol, we hear you :)

FTX Global Germany will be pretty spectacular, let me say that now. Then add any number of LC/vector addons and it adds up to a very compelling rendition. Once we do our openLC for it you'll be very happy indeed. OK, so it's not an FTX full-fat region but it will suffice until we get around to it.

Sounds brilliant!

Well then ... getting ready for Central Europe ... just noticing though ... so many places to go now soon ... the world is getting really big in the sim now! ... where to start ...Well - these are the kind of troubles and worries i love and enjoy to have!

:lol:

Sounds brilliant!

Well then ... getting ready for Central Europe ... just noticing though ... so many places to go now soon ... the world is getting really big in the sim now! ... where to start ...Well - these are the kind of troubles and worries i love and enjoy to have!

:lol:

+1 Moonman :lol: Me too! Best troubles and worries one can have! :lol: Feel so excited now the hour of a new dawn in global flight simulation approaches. The first time the sim will be truly Global...Just awe-inspiring! :smile: The excitement's really starting to build everywhere now...you can almost feel it in the air. So chuffed with what JV & all of this wonderful Orbx team has done here! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sandane airport is the closest you'll get to Milford Sound in Norway. It's featured in a series about Widerøe airlines running on Norwegian national television this summer:

>http://youtu.be/aGIMGGBosOc

It's also featured on a list of the worlds most dangerous airports: http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/the-worlds-scariest-runways/12

I happen to work for Widerøe, so I would be happy to help you out with contacts and getting access to the airport! I'm also a photographer, so I could probably help with photographing the airport.

I am sure Heiko would be most pleased with your assistance, thanks for offering. Is your airport within the Norway South coverage area?

Yes it is. It lies in one of the many fjords on the west coast, about 170 km north of Bergen.

Actually your home base of ENTO would be a nice regional airport to fly in and out.  Perfect size for a ORBX FTX regional airport.

Can't agree with you more! For the NGX lovers there are plenty of routes both to the continent, eg. London or Edinborough which are in FTX regions, and Norwegian Air Shuttle also flies to both Europe and major Norwegian cities. Widerøe is the largest operator with it's Dash 8-Q400's and has maintenance facilities at the airport, so the Majestic folks will probably enjoy it as well. And to add to that one of Norways largest flight schools is based there as well as a large helicopter company operating several different models.

These days the airport is expanding rapidly and a new terminal is under construction, so certainly an interesting project! Would be happy to help the ORBX team with this, as I got full access to the airport facilities at ENTO.

PS: Sorry to hijack the thread, but Heiko asked for input so I couldn't resist answering!

No worries, we'll return the thread to it's rightful owners, more or less unharmed, and it will be fine. 

In fact, I think I'll go do a flight over Germany and drop in Paderborn to see what they are up to.

• 2 weeks later...

ENHK, Located in Northern Norway, on the 4th largest Island in Norway. Beautiful scenery and close to the most Northern glacier in Norway "Øksfjord Jøkulen". And it is located in the land of the midnight sun and northern light. Hope you'll consider this one, I would be really happy:D

• 1 year later...

Archived