This Week's Meaningless Topic (#167)(Nov 17)

Hi all. There's nothing like hopping into my Tiger Moth biplane and heading out for some sightseeing. My favorite trip was island-hopping in the Aegean Sea in the late afternoon while the air colors changed. Truly memorable! I also enjoy flying the Stampe SV4 in the locations of High Road to China, my favorite flying movie. Can't beat an open cockpit, engine-chugging, wind-whistling biplane!  And that brings us to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What biplane do you enjoy flying, and where do you like to fly in it?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

TuFun, is this one of your paints? If so, it's up to your usual high standards.

Yes, it is. I did this one a few years back around 2015, with all new rivets, screws, panels, and panel lines. Orbx Direct offers this Aeroplane Heaven F3F-2 for free.

50345997163_0356be75c4_h.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, TuFun said:

Yes, it is. I did this one a few years back around 2015, with all new rivets, screws, panels, and panel lines. Orbx Direct offers this Aeroplane Heaven F3F-2 for free.

50345997163_0356be75c4_h.jpg

Superb!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

I don't do biplanes, I'm lazy and like Autopilots...

Like Wayne, I don't do biplanes either.  I don't think I'm lazy, but I do like the autopilot.

While our flight simulators do a fine job with most aircraft, I've never been happy with tail draggers in the sim.  Just to hard to get the visuals right, even in my cockpit which is pretty good at that. I find this unfortunate, because there are a couple I'd like to fly, especially the J3 Cub and the DC 3. And most biplanes, of course, are tail draggers.

Ken

• Like 4

Stearman is my favorite civil bird. These are the ones I fly.

The top Stearman was used by NASA tow bird.

US Air Mail was used in the movie "The Aviator" with Christopher Reeve, Rosanna Arquette, Jack Warden, and Sam Wanamaker.

The last one was a retired crop duster a few years later converted to a two-seater.

53338136982_9ff0a063f6_h.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

biplanes and I are the same age - so I have plenty - but would love the  F3 freebie from Orbx - but - 

I don't bother with P3D - and the MS one is out of my pension range even though it would look good

next to my F4 and F6

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have to admit I haven't 'flown' a biplane for years.

Anyone remember Flight Unlimited?

The Pitts Special in that was great fun to try and learn aerobatics in :)

There is one that flies over my house out of the local airport (EGPT).

The owner is a great character. Used to fly Hawker Hunters for the RAF back in the day I believe!

Used to meet him occasionally before the village pub shut :-[

All the best,

John

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I would like to fly again with Nigel Richards wonderful AVRO 621 Tutors in MSFS.
In 2019 I got the permission to convert his amazing AVRO Tutor models to native FSX format. I really loved flying these beauties in FSX and P3D.
Unfortunately I haven't heard from him since and unfortunately I don't have the skills to convert them into native MSFS format yet.

image.thumb.png.8370db438a201deeef7618b64757df88.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1