This Week's Meaningless Topic (#106) (Sept 16)

Hi all. I'm an amateur historian (very) of WWII, and one of the things I've spent happy time with is the airplanes. My flight sim library includes all the major warplanes of Germany, USA, Britain, Italy, and Japan. Each of them is interesting to fly, especially in Orbx scenery at the various battle locations. And that leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  of the following WWII warplanes, which have you flown in Orbx?

1. Supermarine Spitfire. (Britain)

2. Messerschmitt Bf 109. Germany)

3. North American P-51 Mustang. (USA)

4. Messerschmitt Bf 110. (Germany)

5. Hawker Hurricane. (Britain)

6. Republic P-47 Thunderbolt. (USA)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

For me, #'s 1,3 and 6. But why is the vaunted B-17G not on this list I ask? 

Good question, Sniper31. The list includes only the premier fighters from the European theater. If I included bombers, transports, recon, and spotters, the list would be too long and our short attention spans would run out :D.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I love warbirds. I have flown 1,2,3,5 and 6 over Orbx scenery. Also, a B-17, Corsair, Hellcat, P-38, FW190, Lancaster, Wellington, Bearcat, Me262 and Mosquito :).

Currently, I fly a Spitfire, P-51 Mustang, P47 Thunderbolt and P-38 Lightning most often ;):D

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

For me, #'s 1,3 and 6. But why is the vaunted B-17G not on this list I ask? 

Like Gumby, Wayne and Jack I'm not big on war birds.  I,ve played with #3 (P-51 Mustang) a little, but haven't flown it much.  But in a previous incarnation (FS 5.2) I did fly the B-17 out of Stewart AFB quite a bit.

Years ago Microprose had a F-117 game (not by any means a simulator) which was fun.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 5

Operated them all in FSX with Orbx (and the myriad freeware campaign scenery addons adjusted to suit) my favourite of that lot was the Spits of which there were 2 excellent versions available with multitudinous variants and paints available.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2